Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VivaRonaldo85

A much more complete footballer than AWB. Not as good a defender necessarily but a much better asset for our team. Great to see recently

UncleBob

Usually when he's played he's made us miss AWB, which says a lot.

Was very good today, hope he keeps it up

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
All good until he actually has to defend against proper left wing players. i still think we need an upgrade to what we currently have in that position.
This is a load of bollocks to be fair. Zaha is one of the hardest wingers in the league to play against 1v1.

If he can do well against him he will do well against most others too.

Stringer

All good until he actually has to defend against proper left wing players. i still think we need an upgrade to what we currently have in that position.
You're genuinely clueless if you don't think Zaha is a "proper left wing" player.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The execution and the vision is perfect, Bissaka wouldn’t be able to spot VDB’s run and also won’t even able to execute it with his left foot. The goal today and vs arsenal also came from his left foot pass.

Zoo

There aren't many full backs who could play a pass like that off their weaker foot. He has the attributes. Now he needs to stay on this level and improve further.

Himannv

I think he's a better than AWB. I think AWB is a better one-vs-one defender, but that's all he has IMO. I think Dalot reads the game better and is in the right positions both offensively and defensively.

gajender

A much more complete footballer than AWB. Not as good a defender necessarily but a much better asset for our team. Great to see recently
No he isn't currently but AWB isn't a great defender either his positioning and awareness has always been an issue and his saving grace was one on one defending which opposition seem to have also worked out a away around it .

But hopefully AWB would also benefit from having new coach and get better both defensively as well as offensively .

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Pleased to see him retain his spot even with AWB back as he was good against Arsenal, @Invictus picked him out as a talent when he was first showing out at Porto and he's not often wrong.
I remember Invictus pretty much righting off Cancelo when I thought he was a excellent choice for RB. But I'd say it was @NYAS who is the poster who not only rated Dalot at youth level but also stayed strong in his belief
at a time when everyone had written Dalot off in the first team.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Is he a bit two footed? I've seen him make two really good passes with his left and he is sometimes employed as a left back

united for life

This is a load of bollocks to be fair. Zaha is one of the hardest wingers in the league to play against 1v1.

If he can do well against him he will do well against most others too.
You're genuinely clueless if you don't think Zaha is a "proper left wing" player.
Isnt Zaha widely regarded as one of the most difficult wingers to play against? One of the best dribblers in the league and rapid.
We don’t need anyone new at the moment because Dalot has properly step up to give us the competition in RB. We have a very promising young boy in the pipeline who is playing for Swansea now. RB position is now well stocked.
at the outset, I am not clueless and this is not bollocks. I enjoy reading your views and I am expressing mine.

I was happy with Dalot's performance against Palace, but unlike you, I will not be celebrating yet. He had a good game against a team that sat back most of the time, we had around 62% possession this game, didn't have to defend much. It was all United going forward for most of the match which suited him as he is good going forward, he's always been good at that. Defending is where he often gets challenged. Comparing him to AWB is not what we should be doing, there are a lot of questions marks around AWB's overall ability too.

I'm all in favor of giving him a good run since AWB has been below par (the guy has even regressed defensively since last year), but I will only feel we are safe in that position once he performs well in games where we actually have to defend, in games where we get attached, where we do not control the tempo (though I hope we go back to the days where it was us dictating games). Would only feel comfortable when I see him perform well against Chelsea, Liverpool, City, in advanced stages in the champions league where the games are more technical.

I'm not following how Laird is doing at Swansea, so I'm not sure how he'd fit into all of this. I just hope he ticks the boxes to become a contender to for this position soon.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
at the outset, I am not clueless and this is not bollocks. I enjoy reading your views and I am expressing mine.

I was happy with Dalot's performance against Palace, but unlike you, I will not be celebrating yet. He had a good game against a team that sat back most of the time, we had around 62% possession this game, didn't have to defend much. It was all United going forward for most of the match which suited him as he is good going forward, he's always been good at that. Defending is where he often gets challenged. Comparing him to AWB is not what we should be doing, there are a lot of questions marks around AWB's overall ability too.

I'm all in favor of giving him a good run since AWB has been below par (the guy has even regressed defensively since last year), but I will only feel we are safe in that position once he performs well in games where we actually have to defend, in games where we get attached, where we do not control the tempo (though I hope we go back to the days where it was us dictating games). Would only feel comfortable when I see him perform well against Chelsea, Liverpool, City, in advanced stages in the champions league where the games are more technical.

I'm not following how Laird is doing at Swansea, so I'm not sure how he'd fit into all of this. I just hope he ticks the boxes to become a contender to for this position soon.
Nothing wrong with saying there's more challenges to come and it could be a flash in the pan. You can't use that to discredit a good performance though, he did what he had to do.

He was in a foot race several times with Zaha, he got tight to him regularly and didn't make it easy for him at all. I've seen 'better' fullbacks be taken apart by him. Let's not forget only a few weeks ago he destroyed City.

Anyway, good early signs for Dalot that he's getting fitter and more confident, but he needs to keep it up over a period now.

romufc

What I loved about that performance was a bit of arrogance.

DDG pinged a ball to him and he chested it down the line, it was so refreshing to see that when our RB got the ball, we didnt just go back and encourage Palace to press us. Instead, he actually found some really cute passes, I remember him zipping balls into our forwards feet.

Kostov

I am actually pretty pro AWB, but Dalot has been very very good in the last 2 games, and sincerely surprised me, now I even think he might have a future here and AWB has competition, which I am not sure can overcame if Dalot proves that this is his actual level.

NYAS

I remember Invictus pretty much righting off Cancelo when I thought he was a excellent choice for RB. But I'd say it was @NYAS who is the poster who not only rated Dalot at youth level but also stayed strong in his belief
at a time when everyone had written Dalot off in the first team.
Thanks mate, can’t remember which one it was but I first noticed him playing for Portugal in a youth tournament (may have been u-19 Euros or Toulon) before he was linked to United. He looked like a monster. So was then pretty excited when we signed him.

I have to admit, although I held on pretty long to the hope he could be something here, I was starting to lose a bit of faith more recently, but I’m hoping he can use this opportunity to start to fulfill his potential.

Foxbatt

We might lose him according to some newspapers. Roma wants him in January.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Thanks mate, can’t remember which one it was but I first noticed him playing for Portugal in a youth tournament (may have been u-19 Euros or Toulon) before he was linked to United. He looked like a monster. So was then pretty excited when we signed him.

I have to admit, although I held on pretty long to the hope he could be something here, I was starting to lose a bit of faith more recently, but I’m hoping he can use this opportunity to start to fulfill his potential.
Dalot had a big reputation at youth level, but I remember you backed your judgement over the player when most had given up on him.

There's still some way to go for Dalot, but he's definitely proved you correct in the sense that at 22 years of age, he has the ability to develop into a very good fullback in a team that requires the fullbacks to push up in a high line.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
There aren't many full backs who could play a pass like that off their weaker foot. He has the attributes. Now he needs to stay on this level and improve further.
Was thinking in general his weak foot is incredibly strong, must be from his stints at LB. Really helpful compared to when AWB or Shaw bottles attempting a 5 yard pass when it's on their weaker foot.

Ace of Spades

Really thought his time was up, just goes to show that it is incredibly difficult for young players to grow and develop unless they are actually given a chance on the pitch. I think the loan was very useful for him.

Players won't develop unless they are given significant time, and that is the gamble. One that I hope the club bets more on.

L1nk

Really thought his time was up, just goes to show that it is incredibly difficult for young players to grow and develop unless they are actually given a chance on the pitch. I think the loan was very useful for him.

Players won't develop unless they are given significant time, and that is the gamble. One that I hope the club bets more on.
The problem is that we've had real trouble using our squad players for a while now, the rotation was really poor, favourites being picked constantly. People expect players to be able to perform brilliantly for us when they've been given hardly any gametime is ridiculous, and yet it's what people expect, DVB gets no game time yet he's supposed to audition for the spot in a 5 minute sub appearence once or twice in a month and if he doesn't play a worldy in that 5 minutes he's clearly not good enough, same thing with Dalot etc. When players are young like Dalot it's expected that they would be inconsistent, but the club has had real issues with rewarding players incorrectly by continuing to play them even when they've been god awful for months, but rewarding someone coming into the team and having a great match by being subbed again for the next match for the same exact player who has been playing god awful, this has happened time and time again for seasons now. Hopefully Ralf puts a stop to all this nonsense.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I predicted he could be as good as Alves in the future and I stand by it. It might not happen with us but the kid is talented and can play. He is only 21 and people just forget that.

Hope we have patience with him and bring him up slowly.
Said this long back- I'm sticking my neck to this and telling again. This kid will be brilliant . Give him a platform to prove.

lex talionis

Watched the match again last night. Dalot was brilliant. AWB better dig deep to ward off the threat to his position.

MattofManchester

People lost faith in him because of his injury record, and fans have a habit of writing off their own players for no reason. The talent is there. Everybody at Porto said so. He's certainly gives it his all on top of his talent, which is refreshing to see.
I still think his ceiling is far greater than AWB's both offensively and defensively, and he suits us infinitely more.

He even had his own spiderman tackle against Palace last week. :devil:

May also galvanise AWB to be fair. Who hasn't been great.

romufc

People lost faith in him because of his injury record, and fans have a habit of writing off their own players for no reason. The talent is there. Everybody at Porto said so. He's certainly gives it his all on top of his talent, which is refreshing to see.
I still think his ceiling is far greater than AWB's both offensively and defensively, and he suits us infinitely more.

He even had his own spiderman tackle against Palace last week. :devil:
People also forget he is 2 years younger than AWB.

What I love is his confidence, that helps the team. The winner against Palace doesnt come if we have AWB, he absolutely fizzed that ball into Greenwood, he done that a few times as well into Ronaldo.

I like when we pass forward with intent.

Norwich 0:1 Man Utd

El Jefe

This lad is nowhere close to AWB. I know the latter is public enemy no.1 on here at the moment but Dalot is going to cost us sooner or later.

Abraxas

Huh? He was alright. The full backs were not making much of an impact today going forward which was not good but I don't think Dalot did anything bad either. It was just run of the mill. Which is about the most you ever get out of AWB anyway.

Atheist

This lad is nowhere close to AWB. I know the latter is public enemy no.1 on here at the moment but Dalot is going to cost us sooner or later.
AWB has already cost us atleast once this season, with his red card. So Dalot would be just catching up to him in that regard.

acnumber9

Wan Bissaka would be getting pelters for a similar performance. Wan Bissaka is in poor form though so he’s doing just enough at the minute.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
What are you people on about? He had an okay game. Nothing major to criticise him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Had a really tough time against Josh Sargent defensively. He plays some good direct fizzed passes into the strikers in the middle third, but defensively he wasn’t great tonight

SAFMUTD

He needs to improve on his positioning, I saw a couple of chances that he left his man totally unmarked, luckily for us Norwich are so shite that they didnt find his man.

Idxomer

Nothing performance.

Our fullbacks today haven't offered anywhere near enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.