Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_F

I just don’t like the longshots + how he gets too narrowly infield. He needs to overlap, not be inside.
That’s what a modern full back does. The best can generally step into midfield and help control the game.

The shots can stop though I agree with that, but then again he did win the penalty against PSG in that way.

DutchCruijff

MOTM, without a shadow of a doubt.

Such promise and he's still only 22 years old.

Give him a run of games, let him make the RB is his own and he will turn out to be a stellar fullback. The influence of Ronaldo and Fernandes on him will be significant.

Chief123

Made a few bad decisions attacking wise today but was absolutely brilliant in general. He really has come back a better player from Milan. It’s refreshing to actually see a full back on our right side who is comfortable on the ball.

At this point, AWB should be worried about his future at Utd. Because he’s in danger of being number 2 going forward.

Ixion

2 years younger and less than half the price of AWB and this is the longest run of games he's been given at the club ahead of AWB

city-puma

What a game he just played. Really smart in difficult situation. Only missing piece is shot on target!

flappyjay

His come through leaps and bounds defensively. I thought at best he would be a midtable player in Italy. Hopefully this upward trajectory continues.

flappyjay

2 years younger and less than half the price of AWB and this is the longest run of games he's been given at the club ahead of AWB
To be fair he always looked like a car crash waiting to happen. Looks like he might have learnt something in Milan.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
There was a moment in the 75th minute where he read the danger and intercepted the ball at the far post. It's great to finally see us defend the back post properly.

The biggest difference between him and AWB is he contributes more in general build up plays and in attacks, simply by being much more comfortable on the ball.

I've been impressed by how him and Telles have effectively become first choice fullbacks. It's hard to say which one of Shaw and AWB have a better chance of forcing their way back in. The former has a mentality problem and the latter is just technically lacking.

slored1

Yep, he deserves to be the first choice. Sell AWB and get him better competition.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
A lot better since the start of the season but fecksake he can't cross to save his life. He's no way near a United starter if he can't cross a ball as a fullback, it's that simple.

justboy68

Definitely got the RB spot nailed down. Great news if we dont need to buy anyone else there now. Can hopefully spend it on midfield and left back instead.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I think we need to back him. Not throw him out of the team when he has a bad game.

Ollie Derbyshire

He’s definitely changed my opinion on him, he’s starting to dominate his side and I don’t feel any stress when we’re attacked down that side. He reads the game better than AWB for sure and covers the back post so much better.

if he can control his crosses instead of over hitting them all by this time next season he could be the full package.

kiristao

He has always been decent going forward but his defending has improved as well. Lots of times he was at the right place at the right time to clear the ball.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Probably the best outfield player. Real grafter and weirdly becoming a better defender than attacker.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
His crossing was his strength when he was younger and I'm sure with more games, it'll come back to him.

Ixion

People need to realise you can't really judge a player unless they get an actual run of games, not a single appearance here and there or a couple of 15 minute sub appearances. His best run of games and his form is getting better and better.

DutchCruijff

A lot better since the start of the season but fecksake he can't cross to save his life. He's no way near a United starter if he can't cross a ball as a fullback, it's that simple.
Crossing was one of his strong points, been very good at it for Milan and Portugal.

It will come back to him quickly.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Crossing was one of his strong points, been very good at it for Milan and Portugal.

It will come back to him quickly.
I've never seen him cross that well for Untied, and it's not even like we have a small sample anymore.

Telsim

Still makes mistakes, but has improved a lot. Curious what a few consecutive games can do to player, eh? Need to work on developing him instead of buying a replacement.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Brilliant again. Like his grit, stamina and attitude. Has a wicked shot too but can't do that on 83rd minute when you have all the forwards on the pitch.

Defensively solid, very good on the ball. I said he can be as good as Alves and I still stick by it.

Lebo

I’m one of his biggest fans and I think he defends well for a modern fullback but I expect more from him attacking wise. Don’t get me wrong he is better than AWB in that aspect but I still expect more because I know he is capable of it.

OT1214

His form has been brilliant. Dont know whether its that loan to Milan or faith by the manager that has resulted in these performances, but long may it continue. AWB will have some work to do to get back to the team.

Red_toad

Much improved since Ralf has been in charge. I’d say he’s cemented his place in the team for the rest of the season. Nice to finally have a coach who’s getting players to improve, it’s been a while.

Devil may care

Starting to really find his footing in this side, defensively his composure and positioning is improving and he's much more comfortable on the ball than AWB.

flappyjay

?

He was highly rated at Milan and was sought after for another year.
I am talking about his time with us before the loan. He has clearly improved during that time. Before he left he was good going forward and bad defensively.

RedCurry

That’s a bit OTT. It’s not that he can’t cross the ball but his crosses were over-hit or didn’t reach the target. There’s no problem with his technique and he gets decent shape of the ball from either foot. He needs to calibrate his crossing more than anything.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Love how much better he is in the air than Wan Bissaka. Aside from offering next to nothing going forward, AWB looks like an absolute fish out of water anytime the ball goes to him at the back post in the air.

Dalot has already won more aerials this season in half the time played. He seems as though he could be strong enough aerially and positionally to be considered an option on the right side of a back three. Reminds me a bit of a young Azpilicueta.

Wouldn't at all mind seeing Laird coming back to compete with Dalot for the RB spot, with Wan Bissaka fecked off for whatever we can get for him.

git_united

Really good performance. Helps so much with our control of the game in the middle of the field. Needs to cut out those stupid shots thinking he’s TAA. He never really got to the byline which frustrates a bit. I don’t know if it’s instructions from the manager but he and Telles never get past the forwards ahead of them which IMO limits our play in the final third.

Manny

Grammar Police
He's been looking good recently. Just seems to have things under control defensively down that side of the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.