Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

edcunited1878

Whether you like it or not, he's the RB United have to go with for the next 3 CL matches, unless there's a drastic change for Lindelof at RB. United didn't want to stump the cash for Trippier if rumors were to be believed, and rightfully so. Obscene amount of money for a player (Trippier) with no intention to re-new with Atletico Madrid.

acnumber9

Whether you like it or not, he's the RB United have to go with for the next 3 CL matches, unless there's a drastic change for Lindelof at RB. United didn't want to stump the cash for Trippier if rumors were to be believed, and rightfully so. Obscene amount of money for a player (Trippier) with no intention to re-new with Atletico Madrid.
It’s a one game ban for Wan Bissaka. Unless UEFA decide to give more. Which I don’t think they have.

Good game for him. Some good forward play and got involved in the buildup, and he didn't get horribly exposed in defence.

He's getting back tuned into the league and showing he can be a capable backup to AWB.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think he was good and in these types of matches would prefer him to AWB who I think is poor. However, why he was so gassed at the end of the match. There was a counter attack by West Ham at the end of the match, he was sprinting and then at some stage, just stopped running, clearly unable to run more.

Andersons Dietician

Weird one for me. Had moments of quality followed by complete brain farts poor positioning and just letting people wonder. He pretty much played as a winger for a lot of the 2nd half even being higher than Greenwood for what seemed like large periods of time.

By the end though I don’t think I’ve ever seen a football player as gassed as he was. It was like he was running in sand. I’m pretty sure Mark Noble pulled away from him In a race. He quickly dropped back in to a 3 at the back and he , Bailly and Lindelof were all hunched over at one point trying to catch their breath.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Good going forward - put some lovely crosses in that Ronaldo and Cavani would’ve been best suited for, wasted on Martial.

Tiber

Thought he played well despite being force to play in a team without striker on the pitch

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Least convincing stepovers I’ve seen in my life.

Smores

Good going forward - put some lovely crosses in that Ronaldo and Cavani would’ve been best suited for, wasted on Martial.
This was my thoughts watching that game, a couple Ronaldo would have certainly put away.

On balance if he can link up well with Ronaldo then it might be worth giving him more game time even if he is the worse defender of the two.

Jaxa

If you could mix both AWB & Dalot's qualities then you'd have a hell of a RB,

- Dalot is far superior on the ball and actually looks comfortable with a ball at his feet however his defending has flaws and not as good as AWB
- AWB is a good 1 on 1 defender and for the majority you're not getting past him but watching him run with the ball at his feet is visually painful, it's like watching a spider on a hot plate

Dempsey19

Dalot has a lot more class on the ball than AWB ever can. That's not to say that Dalot should play over AWB or that he's better than AWB, but at least he doesn't struggle on the ball like AWB does.
Yeah the difference is night and day between them in that regard. Dalot can actually put in a good cross too. AWB is clueless once he is past the half way line.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
This is exactly what TAA did in his first season. Lot of crosses into the box with many of them not being met by anyone. But players understood the type of delivery they can expect from TAA and it got improved over the period of time.

That cross field ball he played would be the kind of the ball , we would be drooling over if TAA had played that.
Give the kid a chance. Let him prove what he can do.

Mickson

This is exactly what TAA did in his first season. Lot of crosses into the box with many of them not being met by anyone. But players understood the type of delivery they can expect from TAA and it got improved over the period of time.

That cross field ball he played would be the kind of the ball , we would be drooling over if TAA had played that.
Give the kid a chance. Let him prove what he can do.
He's been at United for over three years. He's a nothing player.

Brophs

The One and Only
He doesn't look like he's developed the defensive side of his game since he arrived. Still looks utterly unsure where to be. And he seems to me to flatter to deceive going forward, It all looks nice, but so far there hasn't really been any sort of consistent end result.

He deserves a bit of time but I'm fairly sure I know how this one ends.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He doesn't look like he's developed the defensive side of his game since he arrived. Still looks utterly unsure where to be. And he seems to me to flatter to deceive going forward, It all looks nice, but so far there hasn't really been any sort of consistent end result.

He deserves a bit of time but I'm fairly sure I know how this one ends.
I think its hard for either him or Telles to look good with Martial in the box when both shine at crossing the ball early and at pace.

Cantonagotmehere

The lack of hustle on one of the West Ham breaks at the end of the match where he got completely left in the dust by a West Ham player will be very hard for me to get out of my mind. His sense of urgency always seems to be lacking.

He's young and I hope comes good, but it's hard to teach running hard at the end of the match for your Team.

Man Utd 0:1 Aston Villa

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If Dalot is a fullback he's not a left back. His touches after he came on were all a lot of nothing. Did he make a single successful cross? On that showing Brandon Williams has more of a chance of making it.

Nick7

I thought his performance was better than I expected of him. But he still wasn’t very good. On the wrong side of the pitch though.

Sylar

If Dalot is a fullback he's not a left back. His touches after he came on were all a lot of nothing. Did he make a single successful cross? On that showing Brandon Williams has more of a chance of making it.
It's not a surprise. We need a left footed player there. He got into good positions but telles was needed as the sub

hungrywing

A couple times he did excellently to either:

1. beat his man
2. shove his man off the ball and then #1
3. play a deft and clever one two to get past his man
4. knock the ball way past his man and run onto it in acres of space
5. make a clever run past his man into what could only be described as a whole new continent and get found by a midfieleder

...only to then flub the cross.

MadMike

I thought his performance was better than I expected of him. But he still wasn’t very good. On the wrong side of the pitch though.
Same boat. I thought he did alright on the wrong side and for a player who doesn't play often.

Nick7

A couple times he did excellently to either:

1. beat his man
2. shove his man off the ball and then #1
3. play a deft and clever one two to get past his man
4. knock the ball way past his man and run onto it in acres of space
5. make a clever run past his man into what could only be described as a whole new continent and get found by a midfieleder

...only to then flub the cross.
I laughed the one time we had 3 of 4 players in the box and he launched the cross over to AWB who was at the sideline.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he didn't look comfortable as a LB, tried to move the ball to his right-foot and wasted the space he had.

El Zoido

I wasn’t impressed by him at all. He looks extremely average. At one point Bruno was pointing down the line at him to make the overlap, and he missed the cue entirely. Shaw would have been bombing down there and got in behind.

Devil may care

He was ok, going to get an extended run with 3 CL games and Shaw out, unless Telles comes in.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He's shit tbh. A couple pacy dribbles doesn't change that one bit.

Giggsforever

Only bright spot today. Should start over AWB (although he was really good the first 45 today). He is really, really fast, good with the ball and good at defending.

The stay at Milan did something to him.

ti vu

Look good this game. I think this is why he used to be highly rated as a prospect. Why he can't play like this than some rare odd occasion is a mystery though.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
What?

He had a really good game despite being played on the right. The overhit cross was on his wrong foot.
I get that - he was the least of our problems today. I just don't rate him at all. Hope to be proven wrong though.

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't rate him either, but he was decent.

Why was Telles not on the bench though?

HailtotheKing

Correct, he’s a right back. And tbh he played a lot better on the left than Shaw did today. Made some nice runs down the wing but of course he has to cut back onto his right to cross the ball in which totally destroys our chances of catching them on the break. Let’s see how he does on the right now for AWB. Although I wonder if Ole will trust Telles on the left and maybe play Lindelof on the right, Bailey in Cd and Dalit on the left. Who knows? #InOleWeTrust

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Can't objectively rating Dalot's performance because of who he's replacing, but he just played like overly average fullback to me. Just like Buttner in the past, who was shipped out ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.