Diogo Dalot | Done Deal | Speaks better English than Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

Yep we never win trophies :lol: Can you imagine these lot if they were spurs or dippers "supporters"?
I've seen a lot of moaning here but he takes the cake. Crying and moaning about absolutely everything is the only thing he does.

El-Manos

There a long production line of good fullbacks to have come from Porto. Jose has his links there and wouldn't sign a mediocre talent imo.

He looks physically developed for 19 and I've already seen enough to suggest his crossing is superior to Tony V.
Mine is as is well to be fair :lol:

Reyoji-Utd

Carrick has retired :lol:

Nobody starts more games than Valencia, with the exception of Pogba & Zlatan last season and Matic & Lukaku this season. He is almost the first name on the teamsheet.
And, also people tend to forget that most of the time, Valencia is playing right winger and defender by himself as we don't really have real right winger the last 2/3 seasons. He basically has to cover the whole right side by himself and yes his crossing is less desirable but I think if we go for a right winger this summer, thing will improve.

dove

If he's any good, this would be ideal. He would be an understudy to Valencia for 2-3 years until he's ready. And we're getting him for 17m.
If it means Valencia would be our main RB for the next 2-3 years then hell no.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Also needs to be noted that its unlikely given Jose's M.O that he's signing this guy to go straight into the first team. He'd want a more experienced first choice RB/LB so its more likely Valencia is still first choice RB with an experienced LB coming in.

Jironasaurus

Why? Because you haven’t heard of him before? There are feck all right backs out there, this is a good move from us. Ribalta might have something to do with this signing.
It's just the feeling I get. And yes, never heard of either Bebe (at that time) or Dalot. I really hope it's a good move!

Bestietom

We will have to trust the scouts, that's what they are there for. Must have no trust in Fosu, or has some other position in mind for him, as he is 6'3" and strong as an ox.

Last edited:

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
It's just the feeling I get. And yes, never heard of either Bebe (at that time) or Dalot. I really hope it's a good move!
Its a feeling because you natural inclination must be to doubt and complain. You should know enough about Mourinho by now to know he prefers to buy older players so when he buys young he must see something in them. He of course can get it wrong like all managers but he gets more right than wrong.

Cloud7

Like this signing. Seems promising from what’s been stated on here, and I’m sure if we drop him into the starting 11 from the first game of next season he’ll contribute more to the attack than Valencia :lol:

kotha

What happened? Is it official and can I order a beer?
Not yet.. Surprised no one has it sait it yet, you see the NYSE needs to open before any announcement.. As it's the Memorial Day long weekend is USA.. So guess there is still time.. ;)

Janson

If it means Valencia would be our main RB for the next 2-3 years then hell no.
I don't see what else Mourinho would be intending by buying a 19 year old RB. No way he is gonna be a starter any time soon so that's the only thing it can mean. Or maybe rotating Valencia and Young.

If we would be in for someone established to replace Valencia, then it wouldn't make sense to get this guy also.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Super excited about this one, no pressure as well as Valencia will still play a lot of games next season. He may even just boot him out the team!

GM K

The Portuguese makes a ton of sense considering Valencia isn’t a liability at RB. He plays everyday and is sound but limited offensively but that’s not the end of the world. LB is in shambles in comparison and everyone at the club knows an instant starter is needed there. RB, not so much with Antonio being the excellent servant to the club he is, and this feels the right thing to do. Get a young and capable RB waiting in the wings and let the takeover be a natural process. Valencia is inevitably going to sit out games due to injury and I’m sure José will rest him time to time when he’s healthy as well. Dalot will definitely get his share of games and if he’s as good as advertised, the year after the position will be his. This upcoming season, I see a 50-50 or 60-40 split which is totally fine.
In my opinion, Young was better than Valencia this last season. Nevertheless, in my ideal world, I would change both of them fast.

Judas

Open to offers
To be fair I think the majority of us were hopeful and excited about Darmian, its just not worked out for him here at all. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he goes to Juve and ends up looking like the player we all hoped he would be here.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Like this signing. Seems promising from what’s been stated on here, and I’m sure if we drop him into the starting 11 from the first game of next season he’ll contribute more to the attack than Valencia :lol:
I have no idea how good this lad will become (I don't watch enough foreign football to judge) but it's a positive sign to see the club chasing young talent. Another positive is this signing will hurt the agenda driven 'Jose hates kids' brigade.

Valencia has seen better days in terms of ability and what he brings to the team, but I can think of few better candidates to assist in the bedding in period for a young fullback learning his trade. A proper role model.

Smashin

Supports
Sporting CP
Porto fans surely have/had high hopes on the kid, they've been talking about him for the past few years. Personally i havent seen much of him other the last few games he did this season, but he sure does look promissing. However the pressure of playing for United is quite different...

Porto management has been living the amateur hour, selling Ricardo Pereira cus his contract was running out and leaving Dalot with a low 20M€ clause...
The amount of hate from Porto supporters towards Dalot and Porto management is getting nuts!:wenger:

Status
Not open for further replies.