4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

Probably not the best kind of game to judge him on. The pitch is terrible + Villa playing like shithouses

Bondi77

It is like playing with ten men when he is in the side
GET HIM OFF!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s just aimlessly walking around without contributing anything on or off the ball. Doesn’t seem interested in being involved.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Probably not the best kind of game to judge him on. The pitch is terrible + Villa playing like shithouses
He's not even putting a shift in though. Just jogging around and not closing anyone down or showing for the ball when we have it. I'd rather see any other midfielder playing than him

marktan

I've been saying it none stop, to the point it now gets ridiculed in the group chat, but he's the most nothing player I've ever seen play for us.

I understood Gibsons strengths more than VdB
Mad how there's still a sizeable population of the caf that think he should play more or is just not being used properly. All he ever does is pass 5 yards to the nearest man.

Ajax absolutely fleeced us for £40m.

OrcaFat

True. But we have plenty of other shit performances on which to judge him. I feel guilty weighing in on him because, well, it just sounds so mean. But it’s not unfair, he’s just never played well.

Pickle85

Seems like every time he's invisible or poor it's all 'not the best game to judge him on' or 'he's not being used correctly' but when he has a very infrequent reasonable game it's 'he's our best option at 6'. Gutless lot of nothing.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Done nothing this game! Seems like he makes more impact when he comes of the bench

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Domestic cup games and 20min appearances when we have the game wrapped up, methinks.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If it was FM, after that performance I would give him a 2 weeks fine and send him to the U18 until the next season.

Bobski

The usual ineffectual anonymity.

Look, in theory he is a good player, good technique, decent movement in the last 3rd(but weird movement deeper) tidy on the ball, but there is no fire or prescence in his game, I would say he is the Lindelof of midfielders, but Lindelof is a far better CB than Donny is a CM.

Makeweight for a transfer, that is his value, get somone in who can actually make an impact, can't be having another year of people pining over this myth as he sits with his sad face in the stands

Last edited:

WPMUFC

He was always on screen and did nothing. He lost the ball on every attempt and was simply a passenger. He'd be lucky to get a bench spot if tour games meant anything for ETH's thoughts on squad creation.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Should’ve sold him in January the season we bought him.

The United

Did he even touch the ball once in the second half? Villa coming back into the game had something to do with United playing with only ten men.

redshaw

He'll look good and be involved for one game then has a bunch of these type of performances.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We should try and offer him as part of Antony deal.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He aint appearing much this season, that seems certain
Not sure about that given the fixture schedule and how often ETH has emphasised the need for a squad this WC year.

Rather he ain't appearing much when it counts. Think he'll end up being our equivalent of a seat-filler at the Oscars. Especially with the extra subs this season.

Stacks

A complete non-factor in this game and in the preseason as a whole. I've defended him so far, but it's running thin. Still, I maintain preseason means nothing as a whole, so let's see how he does after he gets minutes in the league proper.
I agree pre season is a joke but we've seen this in 2 seasons of him at 2 clubs. There is zero reason to expect anything different.

Attacking midfielder who makes runs into the box to get into a scoring position. Thrives when everyone around him is very creative and able to pick his runs out with a decisive pass, but that's all he offers. He does nothing on the ball, does not contribute defensively and doesn't have above average anything.

I'm not an Ajax fan.
such a limited skillset. basically an inzaghi like poacher playing in midfield. Who has use for that kind of player?
He has been the same for 2 years. This is the norm.
If he requires everything going his way to perform then even more reason to get rid. He’s just crap and has been for 2 seasons already.
His fans have not caught on yet.
Mad how there's still a sizeable population of the caf that think he should play more or is just not being used properly. All he ever does is pass 5 yards to the nearest man.

Ajax absolutely fleeced us for £40m.
Ajax are the BEST team at selling players nowadays. better than BVB

Borys

Statistics Wizard
On paper he was a part of midfield two, but in reality played as second striker. I bet his average position was higher than Bruno's.
Very weird setup, leaving Fred on his own in midfield. We will get thrashed playing like this in EPL.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
It‘s not just today because of the pitch, he just doesn‘t do anything.
I honestly think he is no better than Cleverley was.

Bobski

It‘s not just today because of the pitch, he just doesn‘t do anything.
I honestly think he is no better than Cleverley was.
Cleverley was getting game time and contributing in a Utd team challenging for titles. Limited but he was more physically robust than Donny and had a better passing range, no creativity or goal threat though.

McT is a better player than him. Not technically or in a pretty highlights package but in terms of having some actual use, and I would be happy to see McT in the stands this season if Utd can get better options in.

sillwuka

Old manager back, gets a rare outing with the first team and does not take the opportunity. Oh boy, it'll be a long season when Eriksen arrives.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Shame we've missed out on Gravenberch as Donny looks like a league cup reinforcement.

System player or not, performances should be satisfying. Ten Hag will have to do something about him sooner or later.

mu4c_20le

He needs to be played behind the striker, Hannibal should be behind him. Give him one twos. Ten Hag doesn't know what he's doing.

hatchetmac

Sell Donny back to Ajax or part exchange for Anthony. He's never going to be good enough for us.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Kagawa, Mata and Mkhi were system players, too, which is why I didn’t want them like everyone else, but they still contributed something . Donny isn’t even on Cleverley’s level, never mind them.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Cleverley was getting game time and contributing in a Utd team challenging for titles. Limited but he was more physically robust than Donny and had a better passing range, no creativity or goal threat though.

McT is a better player than him. Not technically or in a pretty highlights package but in terms of having some actual use, and I would be happy to see McT in the stands this season if Utd can get better options in.
He was also actually involved in the game, sure it might have been a lot of sideways passing, but it's still 10x more than DvB is doing as he doesn't touch the ball

BigBebe

I really don't understand what position he is meant to be playing in. He is always so far up the pitch. I don't think that he once showed to receive the ball from our defence. No wonder Fred and Bruno looked utterly knackered by the time they came off.

FatTails

It's between him and Telles for the worst Ole buy award.
AWB for me, factoring in price. Telles was a cheap punt. VDB had done pretty impressive stuff at Ajax (although he’s always been a terrible fit at United).

He just doesn’t have any qualities that stand out. Not strong, no pace, ok passer but nothing special, good in the opponents box but nothing special, not especially great at breaking down play and winning possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.