4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The summer 2020 transfer window is the biggest example of United having zero strategy in the market.

Van de Beek, Amad, Pellistri, Telles, Cavani. A random collection of players, only one of which really helped us (and him only for a short while).

Donny's time at United has been a complete waste for everyone involved. I wish it wasn't so. However, how can you deny it now? He's got the coach who nurtured him and he still can't produce..?

FrantikChicken

Van De Beek is the number 1 worst signing in United history.

Pogba is miles ahead, he was great once upon a time. AWB had good periods, Sanchez has slightly good spells, Newcastle comeback comes to mind.

Donny has done absolutely nothing.
I’d argue Schneiderlin takes that title but if Donny doesn’t manage a decent game till the end of this season then he can definitely be in with a shout.

OleGunnar20

I’d argue Schneiderlin takes that title but if Donny doesn’t manage a decent game till the end of this season then he can definitely be in with a shout.
Agreed on Schneiderlin being a disaster. I was so excited for Schmidfield too. What a let down that turned out to be.

Speaking of let downs - Donny looks completely lost. He was a weird purchase at the time and has somehow been worse than even his detractors at the time could have imagined.

Hopefully he can find some sort of role in there with ETH's help and contribute going forwards because at the moment I'd rather see the likes of Iqbal given the minutes to be honest.

It's a shame.

Devil81

Just looks completely disinterested and unwilling to work.

In fact it's more than likely his ability, he's out of his depth, Davy Klassen standard.

Abraxas

He's absolutely terrible. Has no personality or belief in himself at this level. Most of the time when someone says X player is like playing with 10 men it is an exaggeration, but with this fella it ain't. In the course of the game he does very little. Doesn't even run hard like Lingard and Pereirra did!

DrogaPortoroz

Nothing player.Probably a candidate for the worst UTD signing in the EPL era.
He just does nothing. He can not even be shit on the pitch so that you can say "ok, he is shit".
Coward.

philnguyen1994

As much as he was terrible, didn't we manage to rip off Everton and recoup most of the money we paid to Soton for him.

We'll be lucky to get even half of Donny's transfer fee back.

Chairman Steve

Like Schneiderlin, I was initially excited about having him but my god he looks so lost on the pitch and you’re frustrated as to how someone who looked good at a similar level suddenly looks so ineffective.

Clearly another player who’s great for a certain level of club but out of depth if they moved up the ladder.

Need to cut him loose sadly. Alarm bells were ringing after being so anonymous for an absolute dogshit Everton team that teetered on relegation last season.

Sylar

Did he peak on his debut sub appearance where he scored when we lost?

Can't think of anything other than that :lol:

El Jefe

I don't think I've ever watched a player struggle to get involved in the game as much as him. I've seen a bunch of shite players play for us but they at least tried to make things happen, they just weren't capable.

I didn't think it was possible to be less involved than Cleverley buy Donny has successfully achieved that. He's a player you can predict exactly how his 90mins will go.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I don't think I've ever watched a player struggle to get involved in the game as much as him. I've seen a bunch of shite players play for us but they at least tried to make things happen, they just weren't capable.

I didn't think it was possible to be less involved than Cleverley buy Donny has successfully achieved that. He's a player you can predict exactly how his 90mins will go.
He needs to visit Specsavers. Maybe it might help at pointing him on where to go.

We essentially played with 9 men against villa.

Delano

Made my mind up on him a long time ago and nothings changed... Has zero stand out quality.

kaku06

How the hell did he carve out a top level career and played for 2 massive clubs? Not only that he had an agreement to sign for Madrid too. Like what the hell? What is he even good at? Caf experts tell me he is so good technically, makes amazing runs etc. And that’s enough?

The guy doesn’t have any passing range, can’t carry the ball, can’t run with it, doesn’t have a good vision, can’t impose himself at all, can’t dictate the play, isn’t physical, isn’t aggressive, doesn’t have a good shot in him, can’t take set pieces and free kicks, isn’t tricky or a speedster. Is he a silent dominating midfielder then? Is that it?

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I agree with anyone and everyone that labeled him a "Nothing player" he needs to be put out of his misery. If we can get 15m for him I'll call it good business.

redshaw

We need to let him go and perhaps he can kickstart his career somewhere. He's never going to get a run of games or be trusted long enough here now. Looks like needs a full season of playing to get back to some kind of match and mental sharpness in another country.

A spare wheel signing that's always flat as a pancake when you go check and need it.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Trash player but if we sell him we will have more work to do for depth.

Marcus

Very very sad for him. It's not working out. Should leave the club soonest.

SAFMUTD

Luckily his contract expires on 2024, so if we don't find a club to sell maybe loan until his contract runs out so we can save the wages.

Maybe some team from the bundesliga or the Eredivisie would take him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's confusing of why EtH couldn't get a decent performance from a player he has done it before.

Although, I'd say that it's common sense to give more chances to your 40m investment, for more than 2 games (under a new manager).

bringbackbebe

It's confusing of why EtH couldn't get a decent performance from a player he has done it before.

Although, I'd say that it's common sense to give more chances to your 40m investment, for more than 2 games (under a new manager).
Not supporting VDB's performance here, but our overall gameplay was "pass the ball to Ronaldo, even if it's going to be a crappy pass". Ronaldo is basically dragging the entire transition & attack down with him and is a major liability to our team. I'd love to see VDB in a game without Ronaldo up front & how he performs?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Not supporting VDB's performance here, but our overall gameplay was "pass the ball to Ronaldo, even if it's going to be a crappy pass". Ronaldo is basically dragging the entire transition & attack down with him and is a major liability to our team. I'd love to see VDB in a game without Ronaldo up front & how he performs?
Perhaps Ronaldo was affecting his game, but how do you explain his almost non-existent presence, though? Even if he played shit, he'd get more respect if he played like a madman with something to prove. Just like Fred or Bruno on their bad days.
But who knows, man. I want to see more of him, maybe not as a starter but with decent amount of game time.

When he left Ajax, I remember Ajax's fans were singing his name. You don't get that when an average player leaving.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Starting him, especially with Ronaldo up top, in the PL was suicidal. A nothing player who should never get a minute for us again unless there is quite literally nobody else available to play.
I have said it in the ETH thread. Starting Ronaldo with Donnie is like a hollowed-out bullet but firing backwards. Reverse effect

Wing Attack Plan R

He had better stats than Antony at Ajax and you can see how much Antony was signed for.

Issue being that Antony's game is about doing things with the ball, something that can be used in basically every team in the world, Van de Beek's game is without the ball, he's supposedly to be a 3rd man in the shadow that always makes the right decision in a quick way.

He's a player that excels at being invisible, that's something that creates obvious problems when he can't be involved and his teammates don't trust him enoguh (with reason at this point). It's like his superpower is seeing in the dark and then you put him 24/7 in a room with light, he stops being special.
Honestly this is the most insightful thing I’ve read about him. Beek can basically do one thing - if - everyone else around him has been drilled into providing that moment for him.

I’ve given up on him after today.

NoPace

Honestly this is the most insightful thing I’ve read about him. Beek can basically do one thing - if - everyone else around him has been drilled into providing that moment for him.

I’ve given up on him after today.
Yeah, I think he'll do okay when we sell him if the right team buys him, but my guess is he'll have a couple of decent moments where he and Martial link up okay and then he's done here after this season as we'll sign a proper #8 like Frenkie or Bellingham but sadly more likely someone not quite as good like Koopmeiner, Caqueret, Mac Allister, De Paul or Neves. and make Eriksen the backup 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.