4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace of Spades

Yeah, think time is up. Very limited player, who relies heavily on a well oiled team, which we are not. On top of that, he was not even pressing or putting tackled and doing the defensive work to justify his place.

Moriarty

Weren't Real Madrid about to buy him before we did? What was he doing at Ajax that he's not doing now? I appreciate the level is different, but he shouldn't look like running and passing under no pressure are a stretch for him just because he's playing at a higher level.
Zero confidence I suspect. He's been pushed from pillar to post since he arrived in England.He hasn't been able to cut it here or at Everton. Maybe a move back to Holland would suit him better.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Even Maguire would still be better than him in that SS position.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
I've seen players go missing in games, but hadn't it been from his blonde hair, you wouldn't have even known he was on the pitch. I think I counted 1 touch in 19 minutes of play after half time.

Tom fecking Cleverly would have put in a better performance than this dross.

I'm not really one for attacking our own players, but feck me, what a useless signing.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He reminds me of me when I play 8 a side football. I'm also equally shite and do feck all, but I'm a 36 year old fat feck who gave up smoking after 20 years. What's his excuse?!

Mike Smalling

He's absolutely fecking useless isn't he?

I'm willing to give him some benefit of the doubt, and say that he has also been managed to poorly that he has lost all rhythm and confidence to his game. But it doesn't look likely that he will be even a squad player for us over the next 3-4 years.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'd offer him at £10m to Ajax, £12 to other European teams, £15 to Premier League teams. Even a loan with agreement to buy at the end of the season. Get him off the books and reinvest the money elsewhere, this transfer has not worked out.

He has been far more underwhelming than Kagawa and Mkhitaryan.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'd offer him at £10m to Ajax, £12 to other European teams, £15 to Premier League teams. Even a loan with agreement to buy at the end of the season. Get him off the books and reinvest the money elsewhere, this transfer has not worked out.

He's been dire but I think even he is worth more than £12... maybe.

We need an rvn

didn't manage to watch the match - based on the posts so far,I take it he didn't play well???

Had such high hopes for him too but if he can't perform under the same manager who is trying to implement the same system at Ajax then it's obvious this just isn't the league for him.

Still think he'll do well if he moves back to the Dutch league or possibly Italy where the game is less physical and slower - which would suit him much better.

Would not slag a player off as he will be trying his hardest and will be equally frustrated at wasting 3 years of his career

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Hell of a premium for Ajax? £9.9+m more for them?

criticalanalysis

Yikety yikes.

If we're going to get something worthwhile out of him, it's either when we are absolutely dominating games so that he can play as 10 or play him deeper, where he has arguably had his best games for us.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Still only 25, has played well in the champions league prior to United and could look a lot better in a weaker league. I'd give him away cheaply to Ajax just maintain a good business relationship with them.

Djemba-Djemba

didn't manage to watch the match - based on the posts so far,I take it he didn't play well???

Had such high hopes for him too but if he can't perform under the same manager who is trying to implement the same system at Ajax then it's obvious this just isn't the league for him.

Still think he'll do well if he moves back to the Dutch league or possibly Italy where the game is less physical and slower - which would suit him much better.

Would not slag a player off as he will be trying his hardest and will be equally frustrated at wasting 3 years of his career
He doesn't look like he is.

He barely breaks into a run, he just ambles about the pitch.

madzo2007

Love to know what the thinking was behind his signing, was he offered up and we took a punt or did we actually really want him? I remember it just appeared out of the blue.

Rodgerzzz

I've often called for him to get a run of games to see what he can do. I'll own that one, my bad, I am an idiot. I want the run of games to stop now.

He makes everything look difficult. Even running or playing a 5 yard pass looks like he's at full stretch or about to bust a gut. Nothing he does looks natural or comfortable.

Weren't Real Madrid about to buy him before we did? What was he doing at Ajax that he's not doing now? I appreciate the level is different, but he shouldn't look like running and passing under no pressure are a stretch for him just because he's playing at a higher level.
I wonder if the general intensity of the premier league is what's making him look so far off his Ajax days. The PL is obviously a big step up from the Eredivisie so he's been found out in that regard. In the CL teams will tend to play a bit more conservatively to not concede silly goals so again he's probably found space & time a little easier to come by. If that's the case it's such a damning visualisation of how poor our scouting was for a player like VDB to get as far as signing for us.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I remember when there was quite a bit of debate about whether he should play and from what I'd seen, I'd always been "no". I still remember that Wolves (?) game where he looked like he was actively avoiding the ball and when he got it, just made a very simple pass.

Today, I was waiting for teamsheet and Eriksen as 10 and Fred or McT in midfield to give some physical challenges to Villas midfield.

Ten Hag can say not many attacking options and that's why Ronaldo played but no idea what the DvdB pick was based on.

acnumber9

My favourite Donny moment was when he came back from an offside position to tackle Garnacho, play it to Casemiro, receive it back and then give it straight back to Casemiro again. Waster. Has no redeeming qualities.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Why has he been brought back in the starting lineup? It makes no sense.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He made a couple of decent runs in first half.

Problem was once he got in that position he dosen't have the strength or speed of thought to burst past defenders so the move fizzles out.

Just one of those players better in slower paced league imo.

Augustus Gloop

I can’t stand seeing him thrust his arms in different directions making it look like he’s sharp and alive, when he’s probably the least busy player every single time he plays. For someone so anonymous he’s top tier at making himself look busy.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
My favorite thing about him is he doesn't even turn and look forward when receiving the ball. Just passes it back to the guy he received it from.

Passback Donny

crossy1686

career ending
My favorite thing about him is he doesn't even turn and look forward when receiving the ball. Just passes it back to the guy he received it from.

Passback Donny
:lol: Feck me, bad isn't it? He doesn't take the ball on the half turn, he's too scared to get closed down so he plays it back before the press, hence the reason he's 'press resistant'

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
We might struggle to get that, we normally send such trash to Everton but they even appear not be interested after his loan spell.

A mid level side is Spain is where he will end up.

Telsim

Him and AWB are competing for third place worst signings of the decade after Sanchez and Pogba.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
:lol: Feck me, bad isn't it? He doesn't take the ball on the half turn, he's too scared to get closed down so he plays it back before the press, hence the reason he's 'press resistant'
His fans have created this myth that he's a Dutch Iniesta. Milky Bar Iniesta at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.