6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kiristao

Showed today what a striker is supposed to be doing. Brilliant cross to Bruno and excellent movement and anticipation for the 2 goals.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
If these three points are all he ever gets us, it will have turned out better than I feared. But now I’m dreaming of a brief fling to rival Zlatan’s.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
His running into space on both his goal

Thats something no other striker in our team has

I hope martial watched the game

MetoTTT

People who needed this game to see and know he still better than all our "strikers" are funny.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Gotta say I was sceptical about his signing. Happy for him to keep proving me wrong week in week out. Immense impact. We do not win the game without him, the stats show it. He was involved in every goal we scored.

The passion he has is incredible. Also nice to have a striker with actual instinct around the box, as much as I've defended Martial. What a performance Cavani, if he doesn't do anything else for the club I'll remember him for the half he played today

kundalini

Fantastic performance. 2 goals and an assist in 45 mins. Not far away with his header from Wan-Bissaka's cross.

What a change to have a striker making runs inside the penalty area.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Where are non believers??:D
I don't have time now to scroll. But remember all those posts? It is Ed's rubbish signing, he is finished, another Alexis, it is not backing to our manager and shit like that. Some fans ( and G.Neville) were against signing him.
He is currently our best striker.

Stacks

It's so interesting because even the other games you could instantly see his movement was completely different to our other forwards. There is still a place for traditional poachers in modern football. He demonstrates that someone like Haaland would definitely shine here. His aerial prowess was great to see. Made crosses relevant again

Thiagoal

We have been so desperately needing a striker like Cavani for so long! A focal point that Rashford, Greenwood, Martial play off. We need someone that just gets on the end of things and he’s the man!

Crucial that Ole is looking for a long term solution in the role as our current options simply won’t be that person!

If we’d got Haaland I think our attack would be so much more complete now

RORY65

When he came in I thought he was a huge upgrade on Ighalo and that he gave us more genuine starting options but I was worried about why he was coming, the fact that he didn't go back to PSG for the Champions League games concerned me that he was more focussed on securing a big, long(ish) term contract and gave up on probably his best chance to win the Champions League to get it.

However he's been terrific in recent games, today has been coming and he already looks really sharp and dynamic which it would have been fair to think might have taken a little longer given his age and the period of time in which he didn't play. You can see how much better United could look with a guy like him starting regularly from now which is promising.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Ole's management of him has been spot on

He looks like a warrior now
Yup. Slowly building up his fitness. He didn't play since February before joining us. It was a matter of fitness as I never doubted he was gonna be our starting 9. He is a natural there on top of all the amazing defensive work he does too

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I hope Cavani rubs off some of his attributes to our trio. What a player..

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Van Persie vs Southampton comeback, anyone? :drool:

Massive performance.

Norris

Absolutely brilliant. Sign him as a striker coach once he hangs up his boots. His movement is second to none.

SinNombre

Well RvP was one of the few "pundits" not laughing when we signed him, and I think him and Saha were both certain Cavani was going to prove the doubters wrong.

Who knew that top class strikers know how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.