5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Name

Attitude has certainly changed. He's now a guy who is stopping us from getting Ronaldo. That will be the tune the whole year, combined with him having the cheek of wanting to play for his country.

What kind of rubbish is this!?

Rake

If true, the leeway allowed to footballers is astonishing. Go tell your boss that your are effin off for 2 months despite their wishes and see what happens.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
:lol: Feckin'ell, Cristiano becomes available and suddenly Cavani is some mercenary he should replace.

How could he possibly want to play for his country in World Cup qualifiers of what would no doubt be his fourth and last World Cup? The cheek!

If the same restrictions emerged with Cristiano, do you reckon he would give Portugal games a miss?

Blame government policies, fixtures, anything really, before taking issue with players moving heaven and earth to respond to their country's call.

Bunch of morons.
The stuff in this thread and the bed-wetting about Scott fecking McTominay missing a game or two is arguably an all time low for the caf. Footballers getting injured and wanting to play for their country is apparently all it takes to demand immediate replacements or question the players commitment to the cause. This place is losing its mind.

Real Name

The stuff in this thread and the bed-wetting about Scott fecking McTominay missing a game or two is arguably an all time low for the caf. Footballers getting injured and wanting to play for their country is apparently all it takes to demand immediate replacements or question the players commitment to the cause. This place is losing its mind.
Yeah, calls for terminating his contract. :lol:

See below.

doomy20

So we are basically funding Cavani, his fam and half of Uruguay he is supporting, in exchange we get a game here and there if he is in the mood. But yeah, lets miss out on Ronaldo, makes total sense. Watch Greenwood etc being burnt out by Christmas and we are left with zero fire power up front

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Agree with you about overreaction 100%. No need for it. But (there is always some but isn't it?) In reality we are 4 billion worth company with employes payed in millions. We should be more tougher with players. Yes, on paper it is good to have happy players, good mood and everything else but this year, imo, we went too far with that. All this with Cavani with extended break and now NT (i understand his desire to play for NT), Sancho's extended leave, Rashford's surgery, not pushing some players to leave (Lingard, Jones)...too many examples where we gave them too much freedom.

Strats

Not happy about him missing out up to 8 fixtures. It was evident against Southampton that we missed him, we had plenty of chances where I think he would have won us the game.

JoaquinJoaquin

Love Cavani, but the fact he could miss so many games when we need him is very frustrating I must say. Makes the fact Ole gave him extra leave even more foolish in hindsight. Could really see his relationship with the fans turning sour if we drop quite a bit of points between and when he eventually returns (after the Liverpool game reportedly).

Still, this doesn't mean sign Ronaldo on a 2 year deal IMO.

izec

The Ronaldo thing is boring. We never wanted him and he never wanted to come back, Cavani or not. Blame Ronaldo for going to City, not Cavani. It is hard to grasp the reality that Ronaldo doesnt love United as much as his United fanboys love him.

Pace Abuser

How about Martial is told to start running? But we can't do that neither as it hurts his feelings.

Jacob

He's just using the NT as an excuse to visit his family. Get rid.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The lad misses his family. He really wanted to go home in the summer to stay. We convinced him one more season. I hope there’s a plan for next season. I also hope that there’s a plan for this season looking at the recent news.
I don’t blame cavani though in his time at United he’s been brilliant.
I hope the club plan isn’t ‘martial’

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
The lad misses his family. He really wanted to go home in the summer to stay. We convinced him one more season. I hope there’s a plan for next season. I also hope that there’s a plan for this season looking at the recent news.
That's the worry for me and I called it out in the summer, if we go into another season relying on Martial we're in trouble!

RUCK4444

I’m only just getting up to speed on this… what. the. feck is this?

I love Cavani but terminate his contract if it means we miss him for as long as mentioned, he’s fecking vital to our attack as witnessed at Southampton. We need a proper no 9.

Feck sake this window went to shit quickly. If Ronaldo is banging them in for City whilst Cavani is AWOL I will be livid.

Getting bored of this season already, only two games in and I already sound like a whining b*tch. :mad: :(

RedDevilRoshi

Bloody crazy. If he misses his family that much then we should have just allowed him to go back to South America and went for Ronaldo instead.

I can understand him missing the first 2-4 games but to not see him till at least November is just absolutely baffling to say the least. We are literally relying so heavily on Mason Greenwood now.

JoaquinJoaquin

I genuinely feel 'Anto' was the plan, hence Ole testing it on Sunday. We are in big trouble if that is to be the case.

Red_toad

Why are people assuming Ronaldo was ever ready to return. If he goes to City it’s because they offer him the best chance of another champions league. I don’t see us at that level with or without him!

Tiber

Not ideal when your short term stopgap keeps missing games. Ah well, saved the Glazers from paying or a striker for the first time since Lukaku

Ether

Feels like I'm missing something over here. An international break is usually around 10 days or so? Even with quarantine how does he miss 8 games? What's the story here?
Uruguay play on September 9, so if we assume he's in quarantine until the 24/25 depending on when he gets back he'd miss:
Newcastle H
CL Matchday 1
West Ham H
West Ham H Carabao Cup
Aston Villa H

They play again on October 12, so that quarantine would rule him out of:
Leicester H
CL Matchday 3
Liverpool H
Tottenham A

Herman Toothrot

The player Pep should have bought a year ago if he was an actual genius instead of chief executive officer of a warm bath.

JoaquinJoaquin

Uruguay play on September 9, so if we assume he's in quarantine until the 24/25 depending on when he gets back he'd miss:
Newcastle H
CL Matchday 1
West Ham H
West Ham H Carabao Cup
Aston Villa H

Leicester H
CL Matchday 3
Liverpool H
Tottenham A
Him missing those games is completely unacceptable to me. Could potentially define our season and he won't be there. You have to remember, he is being nicely rewarded around 250k per week all this time that he won't be available.

The Firestarter

Was that international calendar known in advance ? Feels like someone overlooked something yet again.

saivet

Newcastle H
CL Matchday 1
West Ham H
West Ham H Carabao Cup
Aston Villa H

Leicester H
CL Matchday 3
Liverpool H
Tottenham A
Assuming you haven't taken it into consideration, he'd probably miss a game or two after these fixtures as well as he won't have been training.

Ether

Assuming you haven't taken it into consideration, he'd probably miss a game or two after these fixtures as well as he won't have been training.
That's a good point. So you're looking at him missing a 3rd of the PL game this season, taking the November break into consideration. And that's only if the restrictions are lifted before the January/February fixtures.

Hughes35

The Covid quarantine rules aren’t his fault so I don’t blame him in a WC year.

But, why was he not ready for the start of this season? What was this “personal leave” that he asked for? He is clogging up a place (without even playing) that a genuine club hero like Cristiano could have occupied. He has already hurt us this season - We could have used him when chasing a goal at Southampton like last year.

Sell this fool to City/Boca/Independiente and let’s have Cristiano for a year.

I’d much rather have Mason learning heading and movement off Cristiano than this second-rate guy.
This has to be a wind up post?

JoaquinJoaquin

It gets worse. He may barely play this season if the rules stay as they are. Madness.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The rules will most likely change. Far too disruption and clubs will put pressure on the relevant authorities.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
To be fair, I can see why Cavani would be pissed off at being blocked from representing his country. He should still be professional about it though.

Deery

Dreary
Why didn't we just let him go to boca.
Glazers didn’t want to spend the real money on an actual striker just cover the cracks over with an ageing one until we get to a point you can’t fool the fans anymore..

spiriticon

I don't blame him but blame Matt Judge instead. Ridiculous.

SURELY this has got to be discussed when renewing for this year????

If he wants to spend most of his time in Uruguay we had to let him go home and find another striker.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think we can put this week in the ‘bad week’ category

markhughes

If he is out and Greenwood is unavailable we could maybe try Bruno as a false 9 or if Martial somehow sorts himself out he would be a backup option. We will also have Rashford available again at some point. Its hardly doom and gloom.

Deery

Dreary
I don’t actually blame Cavani too much he’s 34 wanted to retire already, then gets a chance to represent his country once again, it’s probably the only thing pushing him at this stage of his career.

It’s a bit crap from a United point of view that we’re paying high wages to a footballer who’s heart isn’t in. I think maybe it would have been better to not renew now but hindsight is a wonderful thing..

Status
Not open for further replies.