Enzo Fernandez | Chelsea €121m player

RuudTom83

Everyone in the Chelsea squad just needs 10 games together now.

Enzo did okay, never a 120 million player, but he didn’t set the fee, the two clubs did.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Didn't get twenty goals and 4 assists in his first game. Shite.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He won’t. He’ll be great and it will be glorious to watch.
Well he'll probably be class yeah and I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually (the money eventually has an impact), but I'll take this current period of mediocre Potter as manager not knowing how to do with these players...

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Well he'll probably be class yeah and I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually (the money eventually has an impact), but I'll take this current period of mediocre Potter as manager not knowing how to do with these players...
Potter will figure it out eventually too. But of course yeah, you get to enjoy the poor results and meh performances for now. That’s football.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He ain't no Casimero.
Casemiro wasn't Casemiro for a while when he first got here, either... or are we just going to sweep him being played into the team initially whilst being kept out by McTominay under the rug?

----

I sincerely hope the posts in here are pisstakes for the most part, because judging a player whose had maybe one training session in a new: team/country/league during his debut, would be... special, even for the caf.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Casemiro wasn't Casemiro for a while when he first got here, either... or are we just going to sweep him being played into the team initially whilst being kept out by McTominay under the rug?

----

I sincerely hope the posts in here are pisstakes for the most part, because judging a player whose had maybe one training session in a new: team/country/league during his debut, would be... special, even for the caf.
Majority of the posts are said in jest. It is the way of the caf. Same as all the manager sack watch threads weeks after they’ve been appointed.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Majority of the posts are said in jest. It is the way of the caf. Same as all the manager sack watch threads weeks after they’ve been appointed.
You'd like to think so, but that's not been the way on here this season - for our players, let alone oppos.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
If you look at his game tonight and exclude the rest of the Chelsea team, he looked class, especially when you take into consideration his age and experience.

Gerald G

Before the World Cup I was hoping we'd be able to sign him in the summer. He would fit perfectly next to Casemiro. Oh well

Abraxas

Pretty sure he'll be good but as soon as you have a fee like this you never live it down. Everything is in reference to the fee. It's the main thing the media, pundits, fans are going to look at.

It was the same with Maguire, Pogba for ourselves. Even when they were playing well, well was never enough.

Chief123

He looked decent and clearly showed signs he can dictate games and play out from the back. Unfortunately for him all that will get mentioned constantly is his price tag and whether he looks like a £100m player. The truth is no player should ever cost that much for that position. Even prime Kante or Casemiro wouldn’t be worth that.

Mr PG

Before the World Cup I was hoping we'd be able to sign him in the summer. He would fit perfectly next to Casemiro. Oh well
Enzo is very immobile for premier league football. He’ll get found out in away games and games against top 6.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Everyone in the Chelsea squad just needs 10 games together now.

Enzo did okay, never a 120 million player, but he didn’t set the fee, the two clubs did.
The thing with fees is there isn't even a real ball park for "what a player is worth" to say he's not a 120m player. If a club wants to spunk 120m and the player is good for them after doing so, then I guess he's worth it?

It's all been so blown out of proportion with these super owners that I've stopped even evaluating signings based on a price tag as much as % of the total budget.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Decent debut but you’d expect that. Let’s see if he can grow and shine in the PL

suheilsworld

Forget Enzo, I want us to sign Palinha. Perfect destroyer of plays. He would be the perfect replacement for Case. Agent Bruno can do his job!

suheilsworld

Casemiro is only 30 and seems to be doing ready well, why do you want to replace him?
For the future. I don’t want him replaced now. Long may Case performance continue but eventually we would need to have a replacement in the squad. Depth wise Palinha would be a like for like understudy and is 27 years old.
Also case turns 31 this month.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
For the future. I don’t want him replaced now. Long may Case performance continue but eventually we would need to have a replacement in the squad. Depth wise Palinha would be a like for like understudy and is 27 years old.
Palinha turns 28 next month. Far too old to be signing as a long term successor to someone who has at least 3 more seasons in him.

Also, Man United ain't spending what Fulham would want for a backup, they're not Chelsea level insane.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Unless we give him ridiculous money, I doubt he'd wanna be an understudy

InfiniteBoredom

People always get too fixated on the price tag. Rio at £28m in 2001 was a whopping 38.8% of our turnover that year, the modern equivalent would be sth like a £250m transfer.

Hes a great young talent and without crippling injury issues, hard to see them not breaking even at the very least, if he leaves 5 years from now.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
If Chelsea are to get the best out of him, they need to move on from Mason Mount. Mount wants 300k a week, which to me gives off the impression he considers himself to be Chelsea's best player and the player they should build around.

Mount will cramp Enzo just by existing in the Chelsea midfield. I can see it know, the insecure English lad trying to hold onto his position as the darling and not allow the Spanish speaking Enzo space on the main platform.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
if Potter know how to get the best out of him, 120m is well spent for 8.5 years. And he is the type of player chelsea really needs..
Why is the duration relevant? They have to pay him wages and increase his salary too during that time. And that’s if he proves to be a great player.

I really like his raw attributes but he has it all to prove.

Idxomer

People still think that complete midfielders exist, incredible really. Of course, he'll need very good players around him to be at his best like basically every other midfielder ever.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If Chelsea are to get the best out of him, they need to move on from Mason Mount. Mount wants 300k a week, which to me gives off the impression he considers himself to be Chelsea's best player and the player they should build around.

Mount will cramp Enzo just by existing in the Chelsea midfield. I can see it know, the insecure English lad trying to hold onto his position as the darling and not allow the Spanish speaking Enzo space on the main platform.
Mount wants 300k quid? Havin' a laff

It must be Boehley Economics trickling down.