Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Cue the 'he's older than he is officially Coz he is African' jokes
Didn't he leave his country at the young age of 14, or recruited by a Spanish sport program or something? Hard to fake age at that young age, especially if they were monitoring his growth from such young age till he started his professional career.

podurban2

Didn't he leave his country at the young age of 14, or recruited by a Spanish sport program or something? Hard to fake age at that young age, especially if they were monitoring his growth from such young age till he started his professional career.
According to the article posted a page back his family were relatively well off, there shouldn't be any cause for speculating about his age.

Man Utd 1:2 Man City

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Needs to sort his fecking fitness out if he can't do 90 mins at this stage in the season. He looks like when a Fifa player is knackered right now

NinjaFletch

Needs to sort his fecking fitness out if he can't do 90 mins at this stage in the season. He looks like when a Fifa player is knackered right now
??

Every single player on both teams is absolutely fecked. It's bizarre to single out Bailly.

LouisDanGaal

Just because the commentator says he looks knackered doesn't mean a lot. Hes won about four races and cleared twice since then.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I very much think it is as he has won several races and got in the way of a lot since then
He couldn't keep up with city's attacking players and he's usually pretty pacey. Positioned himself well for one of those clearances in place of keeping up so fair play for adapting

The United

His defending on first goal was meh but I thought he did pretty well for his first derby today.

Baxter

Him and Blind majorly fecked it for the first, but he is exceptional

LouisDanGaal

He couldn't keep up with city's attacking players and he's usually pretty pacey. Positioned himself well for one of those clearances in place of keeping up so fair play for adapting
He completely kept up. Looking knackered is fine as long as you keep going. He actually got better as the game got stretched and he could use his pace.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's reminiscent of a slug atm. Not exactly charging up the line like Valencia so no excuse imo
It's not like he was sat back camped outside his own box for the entire game. He was everywhere. In the second half it was attack against defence and he covered a shitload of ground and most of that was full pelt sprinting. City ran us ragged and most of our players were knackered...it's only because the commentator mentioned it that you're singling him out.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I have no clue how he still managed to get tackles in despite looking dead :lol:

His hardest game yet. Needs to improve on his fitness but the talent is there.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Thought he was fortunate not to be ultimately sent off, got away with a bad foul on Otamendi and some cynical fouling. You can see he has the right profile of a central defender, still gave a good overall performance in the end but he will have rash moments

izec

Was at fault for both goals, ball watching for the second instead of being close to Ilheanacho

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's not like he was sat back camped outside his own box for the entire game. He was everywhere. In the second half it was attack against defence and he covered a shitload of ground and most of that was full pelt sprinting. City ran us ragged and most of our players were knackered...it's only because the commentator mentioned it that you're singling him out.
I never agree with commentators/pundits for the sake of it. If I blindly went along with other opinions we probably wouldn't be having this disagreement. I could see him slugging along with city's attack, that's why I mentioned it.
If city were still fit enough to attack at pace after attacking all first half (yeah I know they made some subs) then he should be right there with them too.

Tiber

He wasnt perfect today but it is Amazing how good he is already! Could hardly stand at the end and he still battled away til the last seconds.

What a signing

Devil may care

Was out on his feet near the end but played well overall, especially since we didn't get any protection for the back 4 until the second half when Herrera was added to midfield.

M16Red

Was at fault for both goals, ball watching for the second instead of being close to Ilheanacho
Blind played Iiheanacho onside for the second and really should of cleared the ball / player for the first.

Utdstar01

1 or 2 lapses but he was my MOTM along with Shaw and Herrera playing well also.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Feck me man, I called you vidic in this thread yesterday and then you don't even compete for a header.

Anyway, apart from that he was a beast today. He'll cut out the mistakes with experience and be one of the best in the league

AR87

The first goal wasn't Bailly's fault. It was miscommunication between Blind and Pogba. If you want to nitpick the 2nd goal was his fault for not tracking Iheanacho after KDB shot, but I think that was just bad luck.

Thought he was excellent in the 2nd half.

ZDwyr

1 or 2 lapses but he was my MOTM along with Shaw and Herrera playing well also.
His lapses cost us goals which ultimately lost us the game. No way was he MOTM. Not even close.

Showed his inexperience today. Was better in the second-half but by then the damage was done.

lem8sh

The first goal wasn't Bailly's fault. It was miscommunication between Blind and Pogba. If you want to nitpick the 2nd goal was his fault for not tracking Iheanacho after KDB shot, but I think that was just bad luck.

Thought he was excellent in the 2nd half.
First goal wasn't totally his fault but he does take some blame for it.

AR87

First goal wasn't totally his fault but he does take some blame for it.
I guess. He should have competed for the ball better, but I think the main issue on that was the lack of communication between Pogba and Blind. Almost seemed like they turned off because they assumed Bailly would win the ball.

Edit: Actually watching it he either needed to compete for the ball once he stepped up or stayed in position as he would have cut out the flick on quite easily there. Still think Blind and Pogba are more to blame, but Bailly should have done better. Overall I still feel he was very good today outside of that.

Mike09

:eek:
Did people actually watch the game? Good? Motm? That first half he was so poor. Too slow to react, made unnecessary fouls, need to make a foul to stop David Silva on halfway line when he could have just hustle and outpaced him, he was ball watching so many times, I still remember when City got their first chance Bailly should have reacted quicker on De Bruyne's run I meant he was his man after all but instead he was just ball watching, first goal was awful from him. I knew he would be exposed in City game but I was expecting if they have Aguero.

Second half everyone played better, so that doesn't make Bailly to be exceptional.

RedPnutz

City's forwards aren't the easiest to deal with. He will learn from this.

montpelier

First goal was sloppy, 2nd can happen, that's difficult for a CB. Blind might have covered the 1st on a different day. I like him a lot, potential is enormous.

El-Manos

Blind was a lot worse I personally think. Bailly wasn't that bad, not great either though.

Dobbs

Brilliant experience for him. He's had nothing to do so far so such a game was needed.

I think the pace of the game was a shock for him. Don't think I've ever seen a CB look so tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.