Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike09

He's been pretty lucky not to get a red card this season. He's surely has the luck. I think he will be paired with Jones against Spurs.

Full bodied red

I'd kind of forgotten just how could EB really is. Huge talent already, and will be world class in a couple of years.

Our best CB without doubt - we just need to find him a relaible, consistent partner.

Think it would be better to have him paired with Rojo - right foot / left foot and all that - as Rojo is proving he's definitiely a CB and not a LB.

The United

Thought he was a bit shaky myself but it is fine since it was his first game in awhile. Having him will only help us.

He got lucky not to get sent off.

ZDwyr

Thought he was a bit shaky myself but it is fine since it was his first game in awhile. Having him will only help us.

He was. He wasn't bad, he just wasn't the all-out rock people seem to be seeing. Some are overrating him like crazy. Someone said he's on his way to being a United legend ffs.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Any cricket fans appreciate his long barrier on the edge of the box? I could hear the joy of my childhood cricket coach from hundreds of miles away.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Do UEFA review in-game things such as Bailly’s kick? If this was the FA he would sit out a couple of matches, and rightly so. I really appreciate his aggressiveness and believe he will iron those kind of things out as he gets more experience.

marlowe78

Great natural talent. Needs some work on his decision making but has plenty of time.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His kick out on the ground was worse than Rojo's tackle vs Everton...but no one criticising him here when Rojo got major criticism...
... He petulantly acted out against what was a bit of a pretty tough tackle, which has (some but nowhere near enough) justification as he'd just come back from an injury. It was brainless but Rojo's was just extremely dangerous and completely unnecessary. Rojo raised both feet in a two-footed stud in a 50/50 challenge. There's no justifying that at all.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
His kick out on the ground was worse than Rojo's tackle vs Everton...but no one criticising him here when Rojo got major criticism...
One was where a game was won and the other right at the start....

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Bailly could have got a red card and been suspended for our next crucial games...it seems he can do no wrong but Rojo is crucified for any mistake
I like Rojo and think he's been doing well but that tackle against Everton was beyond stupid. Bailly lashed out after getting a bad tackle before and it was his first game back. I think we both would take bailly being suspended in the last 32 compared to playing a league game with ten men at 15 mins

Scholesy

I like Rojo and think he's been doing well but that tackle against Everton was beyond stupid. Bailly lashed out after getting a bad tackle before and it was his first game back. I think we both would take bailly being suspended in the last 32 compared to playing a league game with ten men at 15 mins
I agree with most I don't think Rojo's tackle was a red card

Irrational.

Stupid decision by Bailly but I commend the ref not sending him off even though he saw it clearly. It was a bit of petulance in reaction to the overly forceful way the Zorya player came flying into him.

The game was over as a contest and with 30 seconds to go would have been pointless to send him off, unless it was something really serious.

Good refereeing.

I don't understand how people can't see the difference between petulance in the dying embers of a game and a two footed, both studs off the ground, potential career ender that Rojo committed. That was about as stonewall a red card as you can get. It was outright dangerous. The fact that people are questioning whether this should've been a red card or not is hilarious.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I love him, but... That "tackle" was stupid. Should be a ban. Even if he doesn't get one, Mourinho should comment on it in private.
First "stupid" thing I've seen from him.

CM

How was it worse? :lol: Both of them were rightly called out for making stupid challenges but it doesn't take a genius to see why one may receive more attention than the other.

AdNani

What on earth are you talking about? It was a kick out, - stupid petulant one but no harm could of came from it,

If Rojo gets that tackle a tiny bit off. He ends the players career, horrible tackle, should of been off.

Scholesy

What on earth are you talking about? It was a kick out, - stupid petulant one but no harm could of came from it,

If Rojo gets that tackle a tiny bit off. He ends the players career, horrible tackle, should of been off.
It was a kick out but just as much chance of a red card as Rojo tackle

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Bailly kicked him there.
Bailly got away with that lololol
That's a red all day long from bailly... probably retrospective ban
Bailly just kicked out there
That was stupid from Bailly. Especially when the game is over.
Naughty Naughty Bailly there!
Kicked the opponent in the shin after a bad tackle. Should have been a red.
Lucky Bailly there, completely unnecessary.

All in all a good game, just what we wanted. Not very intense either, which is good for fatigue-reasons.
He was great today, so happy to see him back. He just gotta control himself more, should have been sent off for that kick on the ground.
What a tremendous footballer. Leaves everything on the pitch. Definitely my favourite player along with Mickey.

Lucky not to be sent off tonight, but did everything else well.

Think our best defensive partnership is Bailly-Smalling. If not, then Bailly-Jones.
He's been pretty lucky not to get a red card this season. He's surely has the luck. I think he will be paired with Jones against Spurs.

Nonsense, once again. Also the potential consequences from Rojo’s obvious red card offence in the beginning of a match at 0-0 compared to Bailly’s stupid kicking out in injury time when the match is won, are totally different. But in any case, Bailly’s been rightly criticised for the behavior in the Zorya match.

Last edited:

The United

Nonsense, once again. Also the potential consequences from Rojo’s obvious red card offence in the beginning of a match at 0-0 compared to Bailly’s stupid kicking out in injury time when the match is won, are totally different. But in any case, Bailly’s been rightly critisized for the behavior in the Zorya match.
What is nonsense about my post?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He is two years younger than Rio was when he joined. Three years younger than Vidic.

He is one of the most natural athletic built players we have had at this club, but I still worry his style could make him prone to injuries. If he avoid injuries he could be a defender in the Rio/Vidicmould in a couple of years.

Bwuk

He is excellent, that header when he first came on summed him up.

Be harsh on Jones the way he's playing but I'd have Bailly back at CB. Shame we don't have a left back who can go forward as for once a 343 probably would suit our side!

TsuWave

Screw Baillly, let's play Jones and Rojo!!
I know it's a joke post but bailly is the closest thing to prime vidic in terms of aggression and strength we have. Also, he's faster and so commanding. Dude is potentially a world beater. Needs to play.

Mike09

I know it's a joke post but bailly is the closest thing to prime vidic in terms of aggression and strength we have. Also, he's faster and so commanding. Dude is potentially a world beater. Needs to play.
It wasn't a joke though but I wasn't being serious since I was being a bit ironic since a lot of people wanted Bailly as a starter, and when Jones made that last minute tackle, I thought if it was Bailly he might would have kick the player's leg instead of the ball. Both Jones and Rojo have done well since the Swansea game, I don't see why we need to make change now.

TsuWave

It wasn't a joke though but I wasn't being serious since I was being a bit ironic since a lot of people wanted Bailly as a starter, and when Jones made that last minute tackle, I thought if it was Bailly he might would have kick the player's leg instead of the ball. Both Jones and Rojo have done well since the Swansea game, I don't see why we need to make change now.
It was a joke post you just didn't realize it :D

We should play bailly because he's a better defender than both :confused:. A young one at that that will only get better with more playing time. But nah let's stunt his growth, keep him on the bench until rojo or jones fecks up, then throw him in the deep end after weeks off the team and when he oh so shockingly fecks up we can make "bailly: another mourinho flop?" threads.

I often see fans saying stuff like "they have done well, I don't see why we should change it now" when arguing in favor of players that are generally understood as average that just happen to be on a decent run but the average always comes out of them sooner than later. Just play your best players man, fecking about with mikhi for so long and having lingard out there probably cost us a win or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.