Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
i want to see him play RB in the next game. Contained Ronaldo there at Villareal and is a better option than Ashley Bloody Young.

Mike09

It was a joke post you just didn't realize it :D

We should play bailly because he's a better defender than both :confused:. A young one at that that will only get better with more playing time. But nah let's stunt his growth, keep him on the bench until rojo or jones fecks up, then throw him in the deep end after weeks off the team and when he oh so shockingly fecks up we can make "bailly: another mourinho flop?" threads.

I often see fans saying stuff like "they have done well, I don't see why we should change it now" when arguing in favor of players that are generally understood as average that just happen to be on a decent run but the average always comes out of them sooner than later. Just play your best players man, fecking about with mikhi for so long and having lingard out there probably cost us a win or two.
I believe I know my own post better than anyone. So I know if it wasn't a joke. I don't see any reason to break Jones-Rojo partnership when we actually finally found a partnership that we can rely on to cover the absence of Bailly due to AFCON. I can see Jose is planning to rotate this before AFCON though but sticking with Jones-Rojo might be better choice. It's not like they have a single poor game since they started playing together.

Walters_19_MuFc

His inclusion at right suggests Jose wants more height, which is a good idea given how good Benteke is in the air. That said, I hope it doesn't hinder our attacking play.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
When I did my vinegar strokes to Bailly at Villareal he often deputized the RB and did well there, was a standout performer against RM for example.

Happy we have his pace to deal with Zaha on that flank.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Looking at the replay he took a stud to his knee in the air... He might be a bit wary thinking it was a recurrence.
Hopefully he's okay, no idea about his injury history back in Spain.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Our best CB, and also perhaps our best RB?

Ridiculous talent this guy.

Kubalionzzale

Valencia seems far better on RB. You can see the way Bailly plays that it is not his natural position.

Bojan11

Our best CB, and also perhaps our best RB?

Ridiculous talent this guy.
Best RB?

I wouldn't go that far after one game. He certainly can do a job there but I'd prefer him at CB.

Valencia has been amazing this season.

El Zoido

Another injury, perhaps as a result of Jose asking players to play through it?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hope it's not a serious injury. Did well at RB but I want him to stay at CB for the long term.

Fracture90

He did really well on RB. Should have been subbed off after that first discomfort he felt, another bizarre decision from Mourinho.

ACLs appear so innocuous these days, hopefully it's not one of those.
He was holding the left side of his knee so it shouldn't be ACL. Hopefully it's just some sort of mental block due to him coming off an injury, than a new injury itself.

Devil may care

He was doing fine at RB until the Korean lad kicked him in the knee, he seemed to have ran off the previous bad landing. Hopefully he can rest for a couple of games and forget about the AFCON.

Irrational.

He was doing fine at RB until the Korean lad kicked him in the knee, he seemed to have ran off the previous bad landing. Hopefully he can rest for a couple of games and forget about the AFCON.
After that he immediately tried pulling him to stand. I don't think Lee is a malicious player but that was also sheer stupidity from him.

He was very good at RB tonight, some of his forays forward could've easily led to goals. Shame about the injury, hopefully it's nothing as he was able to walk off the pitch.

Terminator

Didn't watch the game last night, hope it isn't a bad injury and he'll be back soon.

donkeyfish

He looked like he wanted to continue playing, even after going down for the third time. Mourinho complimented him on that attitude as well in the interviews.

I thought he was good at RB, despite taking a knock which probably made it more difficult to play. Something like 3-4 minutes after that kick to the knee, he even had a lovely run inside Palace's box.

Bwuk

Bailly is a monster. Hopefully nothing serious.

Would be a shame if he missed ACON...

OohAahMartial

A good option to have at right back. Understand he often played their before and certainly didn't look out of place. He played one great long ball forward to Zlatan too. He's quite a footballer, not just brawn.

Devil81

He got a nassty kick on the knee. Fingers crossed he's just bruised.
I don't think it was the kick that was the issue, seemed to be struggling when bursting for the ball or landing on it awkwardly.

All signs that there might be ligament damage, personally I'd prefer him to miss the ACON and rehab the knee if there is some sort of damage. My immediate thought is he's rushed himself back from injury because he doesn't want to miss the tournament.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
A good option to have at right back. Understand he often played their before and certainly didn't look out of place. He played one great long ball forward to Zlatan too. He's quite a footballer, not just brawn.
Played a couple of matches as RB for Villarreal. Makes yesterday’s performance even more impressing, as you said, looked really comfortable and was a force going forward. If only his two passes had been a bit more accurate, he would’ve assisted 1-2 goals. Crazy to think that he’s only 22, which is a young age for a defender. Add to that the small amount of ”football education” aka tactical knowledge etc., what a gem we have!

Status
Not open for further replies.