Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ti vu

Apparently chose United over City:

"I signed for United because I like Mourinho, as simple as that. “I wanted to play for someone who works very hard. I didn’t speak to Pep Guardiola but the ‘second’ manager called me and Mourinho called me as well. “He said come and play for me. I prefer Mourinho, in part because of Didier Drogba, who Mourinho worked with. “I have played with Didier in the Ivory Coast, he is a friend and he told me, ‘Jose did this for me, Jose did that for me’. “Yaya also called me and said come to City. But once Jose spoke to me and Didier gave me advice, I knew straight away I wanted to play for him.”
Yaya must have told him about how he didn't get birthday cake. :wenger:

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Apparently chose United over City:

"I signed for United because I like Mourinho, as simple as that. “I wanted to play for someone who works very hard. I didn’t speak to Pep Guardiola but the ‘second’ manager called me and Mourinho called me as well. “He said come and play for me. I prefer Mourinho, in part because of Didier Drogba, who Mourinho worked with. “I have played with Didier in the Ivory Coast, he is a friend and he told me, ‘Jose did this for me, Jose did that for me’. “Yaya also called me and said come to City. But once Jose spoke to me and Didier gave me advice, I knew straight away I wanted to play for him.”
More like he chose Mourinho (and Drogba's advice) over Pep (and Yaya). The way he put it, he would have gone to City or Liverpool pronto if Mourinho was working there.

Ainu

The guy is a beast. Has Vardy in his pocket.
That's a bit over the top. Vardy got the better of him a couple of times early on but Bailly got better as the half went on. All in all a good half from him. Still could see Vardy come up with a goal, he's such a difficult striker to defend against.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
That's a bit over the top. Vardy got the better of him a couple of times early on but Bailly got better as the half went on. All in all a good half from him. Still could see Vardy come up with a goal, he's such a difficult striker to defend against.
Couple of times? Once with the fortunate rebound.

as-95

Agreed. Bailly grew stronger as the game progressed but looked shaky in the beginning with the nutmeg. Could have been early nerves as he looked solid for the rest of the half.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Brilliant so far, physically adapted for the league, reads and anticipates well too. Him and Smalling will be some partnership to beat.

Ainu

True but that doesn't mean he had him in his pocket. Vardy gave him some trouble but he still defended well against him, no shame in that. It doesn't always have to be so black or white.

prath92

I like him. Excellent defender and neat passer. Does clear it out a bit more than I expected but can't fault his defending.

as-95

He was nutmegged by Vardy as well as the lucky rebound when he broke the back line and slid in.

With more experience, he would probably keep in the defensive line instead of rushing in for the slide tackle. Solid half nevertheless.

Glanville95

Very much a 'first-foot defender' it seems. Looks very promising, physical and athletic but certainly has plenty of potential.

Suppose a minor concern is he's mistimed a few tackles and been bypassed, but still a very impressive first half from him.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
True but that doesn't mean he had him in his pocket. Vardy gave him some trouble but he still defended well against him, no shame in that. It doesn't always have to be so black or white.
That's exactly being in someone pocket. Try to give them trouble yet they keep owning you. I only remember one time where Vardy actually got the better of Baily otherwise it's been the other way around

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He was nutmegged by Vardy as well as the lucky rebound when he broke the back line and slid in.

With more experience, he would probably keep in the defensive line instead of rushing in for the slide tackle. Solid half nevertheless.
You mean Vardy gave the ball away attempting to take him on?

Ainu

That's exactly being in someone pocket. Try to give them trouble yet they keep owning you. I only remember one time where Vardy actually got the better of Baily otherwise it's been the other way around
Fair enough this isn't really worth a debate. I guess I just can't stand that opinions always have to be on the extreme end of the spectrum over here.

Distracted Steward

Looking pretty good so far. Proactive and forceful, but surprisingly controlled.

I'd like to see how he does against striker that turn and run into the gap, though. So far he's faced fairly straightforward decisions.

Tiber

He will have some cringeworthy mistakes, but I love what I am seeing so far

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
My Spanish co worker and avid Villarreal fan said he would be our signing of the summer. Looks pretty good so far...

Dont want to jinx him but hes been brilliant in every game hes played so far, especially this one.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Exactly what weve been crying out for. Strong, fast and great at heading it out and looks very good on the ball. Great at passing it out from the back too.

Distracted Steward

Showing his inexperienc there. He needs to learn when to corral attackers. In time he will. He's a little young to be expected to be consistently at the United level for a center half at his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.