Eric Dier | Poch: “He is an important player for us and the idea is not to sell him."

Do you want United to sign Eric Dier?

• Total voters

Brightonian

Carrick is finished, tfm and tuanzebe are defenders (and rookies), blind is the dutch oshit
Carrick was excellent when he played last season, TFM will definitely end up playing as a DM (Tuanzebe, I'll grant you, seems like a CB to me even though Mourinho has been experimenting with him), Blind has generally been very good there for us.

Oscie

I find it bizarre so many people are eager for the manager to miss out on transfer targets. If you trust his judgement as much as you'd trust a dog in the room alone with a sausage then surely you'd want him sacked?

How can anyone back a manager who they apparently think is such an awful judge of players?

djdhrubs

I find it bizarre so many people are eager for the manager to miss out on transfer targets. If you trust his judgement as much as you'd trust a dog in the room alone with a sausage then surely you'd want him sacked?

How can anyone back a manager who they apparently think is such an awful judge of players?
You wouldn't by any chance be implying that the erudite fan base on the caf thinks it knows better than one of the most successful managers of all time would you? Crazy person!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Carrick was excellent when he played last season, TFM will definitely end up playing as a DM (Tuanzebe, I'll grant you, seems like a CB to me even though Mourinho has been experimenting with him), Blind has generally been very good there for us.
Nah he is finishef

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Imagine a transfer forum where literally every member blindly supported the manager's decision on possible transfer targets.

Like sheep we follow the shepherd for his plan is always better.

Oscie

Imagine a transfer forum where literally every member blindly supported the manager's decision on possible transfer targets.

Like sheep we follow the shepherd for his plan is always better.
Nobody would object to reservations of differences of opinion.

Yet if you celebrate a manager failing to land a transfer target you simply don't have confidence in the manager to manage. You can't. "I think his judgement is shit, but by God he's the man for me".

It's nonsensical. There's a difference between disagreeing with a decision and thinking that the manager not getting the players he wants is reason to cheer.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Yet if you celebrate a manager failing to land a transfer target you simply don't have confidence in the manager to manage. You can't. "I think his judgement is shit, but by God he's the man for me".

It's nonsensical. There's a difference between disagreeing with a decision and thinking that the manager not getting the players he wants is reason to cheer.
You're speaking far to much sense.

We're football fans mate, nothing more nothing less. We're going to spout rubbish on a daily basis. It's what we do.

Well most of us anyway...

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Not really. You can think the manager is wrong about one particular decision while still having confidence in him generally. Especiallly given every manager makes mistakes in the transfer market.

Scholsey2004

Ferguson signed some real stinkers in his time. Being wrong about one thing once doesnt mean youre branded a failure for eternity.

Hawks2008

I don't want a thug like Eric Dire playing for us. We're not Stoke or West Brom.

Hawks2008

Dier a thug? Why is that then?
He can be a very nasty player, I remember him trying his best to break Fabregas' legs in a game and also threatening Ander Herrera last season. Typical English midfielder fronting like a hardman.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
He can be a very nasty player, I remember him trying his best to break Fabregas' legs in a game and also threatening Ander Herrera last season. Typical English midfielder fronting like a hardman.
:lol: So you weren't a fan of Keano then? Or was he ok, with him being Irish, not English? If you don't rate Dier, that's fine, I'm not overly convinced of him myself tbh. But a thug? Really? Not saying that he is above occasional thuggery of course, but generally i don't see that from him all. I would think there are many, many more players- from a variety of positions- who would qualify far more than he.

So imo, your terminology seems a little ott. If you want examples of thuggery, check out Ben Thatcher's 'challenges' upon Nicky Summerbee and Pedro Mendes respectively.

RC89

Those saying Ed is about to spunk £60m on him and against it, are we even sure were in for him? You guys seem very certain

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
:lol: So you weren't a fan of Keano then? Or was he ok, with him being Irish, not English? If you don't rate Dier, that's fine, I'm not overly convinced of him myself tbh. But a thug? Really? Not saying that he is above occasional thuggery of course, but generally i don't see that from him all. I would think there are many, many more players- from a variety of positions- who would qualify far more than he.

So imo, your terminology seems a little ott. If you want examples of thuggery, check out Ben Thatcher's 'challenges' upon Nicky Summerbee and Pedro Mendes respectively.

Keane did dirty things like tackling. They prefer the weakly type cowards who are shit in tackling or positioning but they can pass the ball elegantly. Blind/verratti > keane everytime

I am sure that if we replace mou with some passing freak manager with plenty of philosophy in the tank we will do far better then what we are doing right now.

crackers0seven

I think he would be a very good signing although I would prefer someone with more of a passing range. But he is a solid player. Very strong and covers ground well with alot of yrs ahead of him. We need a defensive midfielder and we need to get a move on. If Dier and Matic aren't going to happen we should be looking a Fabinho, as Monaco have proved this summer they are easy to deal with and are a selling club.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I think he would be a very good signing although I would prefer someone with more of a passing range. But he is a solid player. Very strong and covers ground well with alot of yrs ahead of him. We need a defensive midfielder and we need to get a move on. If Dier and Matic aren't going to happen we should be looking a Fabinho, as Monaco have proved this summer they are easy to deal with and are a selling club.
http://www.90min.com/posts/5213780-...ghly-coveted-manchester-united-target-fabinho

Gone are the days of the selling club - mores the pity.

red thru&thru

I think Jose hinted at Dier with his comments about City & Walker. He was saying how City would probably like to £25m (a fair assessment) but have to pay double. The same/similar figures we'd like to pay but are being quoted double that amount. It is a position we need to strengthen but not that desperate to get fleeced like that.

Can't see this happening any time soon.

Rake

In all fairness, if we were after Fabinho, we would have signed him already. Matic being linked heavily with move to Italy. That pretty much leaves Dier.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's Luckhurst, too much on a fanboy to take seriously. He probably read the CAF and wants to annoy @GlastonSpur
Well it seems Luckhurst did turn out to be right about us not being interested in Fabinho, despite the Caf going up in arms against him. There was a petition to get him sacked, wasn't there? He does seem to have gotten that one right it would appear.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
We're seriously in for him, aren't we?
I don't know how anyone can be against Dier seeing as he is a big upgrade for that DM position over anything we have. He will even allow Pogba do focus more on attacking which in itself will be a big boost to how our team plays.