Eric Dier | Poch: “He is an important player for us and the idea is not to sell him."

Do you want United to sign Eric Dier?

• Total voters

The red panther

princess transfer emo
I dunno, makes sense to me. Kid is born in Brazil, but learns his trade in Japan. He's grown up in Japan.
Exactly the rule is there to support playing with players that grew up in an english football academy. It is not there to support playing with players that have english nationality as that would be quite racist.

Most players that count as homegrown have the english nationality but that doesn't mean that if you have the english nationality you count as homegrown.

The rule makes a ton of sense to me.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Something to remember is that he doesn't count as nationality homegrown, which makes his Englishness meaningless for everything bar identity/emotion. It's very difficult to justify a potential fee in that case.
I thought it meant that he won't count as HG for CL but HG for League.

Mr Bridger

If Everton are paying 50M for Sigurdsson, I think we may have to break the record for Dier at this rate
If Sigurdsson, Barkley and Dier were to be the cycle, what price do you think each would go for?

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Exactly the rule is there to support playing with players that grew up in an english football academy. It is not there to support playing with players that have english nationality as that would be quite racist.

Most players that count as homegrown have the english nationality but that doesn't mean that if you have the english nationality you count as homegrown.

The rule makes a ton of sense to me.

Well, i understand it, but still find it stupid :)

But how on earth can you bring racism into it?
Nationality and race isn't the same, and even if it were, it still wouldn't be racist.
Tired of the racism card being used everywhere....

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Well, i understand it, but still find it stupid :)

But how on earth can you bring racism into it?
Nationality and race isn't the same, and even if it were, it still wouldn't be racist.
Tired of the racism card being used everywhere....
It would probably break EU labor laws if it was by nationality.

cyberman

With Walker leaving I can guess Glaston's speech about not selling to rivals was a load of nonsense.
That angle about Dier can be put to rest.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
With Walker leaving I can guess Glaston's speech about not selling to rivals was a load of nonsense.
That angle about Dier can be put to rest.
:lol: Waiting to read his excuse. I guess it will be "He isn't a star player".

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Well the voting is closer than I thought.

cyberman

Our policy is not to sell to our rivals....Apart from the players we do sell to our rivals...we will remain steadfast in that approach...except for when we do

ravi2

Not convinced about Dier, he is good, i'm just not sure he is good enough. For the money being spoken about why aren't we looking at Naby Keita? He is as impressive as there is about atm.
jose wants some players with PL experience I reckon.

And I feel the same as you about Dier.
Dier is decent, but I've always thought we can do better, especially for that price. I don't understand why Jose is moving for dier over Fabinho. But I don't understand why he is going for Perisic either.

Bojan11

How about Smalling and £20m for Dier. Seems a fair deal for all parties. We need a CDM and Spurs are looking for a third choice CB.
Watching Smalling control the ball after watching Verthonghen and Alderweireld for years might be awkward for Spurs fans.

United Pro

Smalling + £10m
We have to be realistic here, Dier will cost £50m+, while we tend to give away our players. I can see West Brom coming in with a cheeky £10m bid for Smalling and ending up getting him for about £17m+add ons.
Watching Smalling control the ball after watching Verthonghen and Alderweireld for years might be awkward for Spurs fans.
That's true, but he's just as good a defender as those 2. So, he'd be a solid third choice CB who'd get game time throughout the season.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
£50m for Siggurdson, £50m for Walker, £50m for Dier, £30m for Keane, £30m for Pickford

Premier league clubs have went crazy with their asking prices, just crazy. That is in a world where transfer fees have gone crazy in general, the PL seems to be crazy on an entire seperate level of their own.

Money we paid for Lukaku seems like an absolute bargain atm. Also I hope we stay well clear from doing business with other PL clubs if we can.

el3mel

How will Levy justify not selling Dier to us after letting Walker go for the same price ?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
And Pogba, Tuanzebe, A.Pereira, J.Pereira and TFM

I agree we could do with some more especially if they would increase the requirred number from 8 to 12 but we are comfortable atm.
Pogba was a silly oversight, but all of the others are U21s for registration purposes and are strictly reserves in terms of their squad status as far as the manager is concerned.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
How many England U18-U21 players can you name? As of this moment I couldn't name one :p
Having just watched us win the U20 world cup and do bloody well in the U21 Id say I could name the vast majority... but Id expect the scouts at all major clubs to be able to not only name them but give a pretty detailed synopsis and recommendations as to if they would be somebody to buy or not...

But seriously you couldn't name U21 payers like

Jordan Pickford
Callum Chambers
James Ward-Prowse
Nathan Redmond

Of course full respect to spurs for taking the punt on him as it is always a risk but there was certainly articles in the press about him when he was 18 choosing England over Portugal so he was almost certainly on most top uk clubs radar

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Not happening.
They just sold a player they wanted to sell for £50m.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Having just watched us win the U20 world cup and do bloody well in the U21 Id say I could name the vast majority... but Id expect the scouts at all major clubs to be able to not only name them but give a pretty detailed synopsis and recommendations as to if they would be somebody to buy or not...

But seriously you couldn't name U21 payers like

Jordan Pickford
Callum Chambers
James Ward-Prowse
Nathan Redmond

Of course full respect to spurs for taking the punt on him as it is always a risk but there was certainly articles in the press about him when he was 18 choosing England over Portugal so he was almost certainly on most top uk clubs radar
Yeah I know of most of the names, if not all of them, just tend to take little interest in their career paths as most end up as also-rans (without sounding to harsh on them!)

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I wonder how many of those are votes simply for a DM, any DM, though. If I interpreted that poll as Dier or no one, I'd take Dier too.
I voted yes cause i trust Mourinho when it comes to defensive signings.
I watch too little football apart from United, to know every player on the planet, like most caftards seem to do.

Flying high

We need a player who can slot straight into the team, Dier or Matic should be able to do that.

Matic is probably a little better than Dier but given the age of both of them, and if it's true that Dier really wants to come here, I'd happily take him.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
If Kyle feck8ng Walker is worth £50m+ then do is Dier and Perisic.

Just get them done