Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

How many of you would be prepared to give ETH 1 more full season to prove himself?

• Yes

Votes: 376 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 1,043 73.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
“I want to battle them all” :lol: :lol: Somebody make a gif of the royal rumble with him in one corner against the whole premier league managers in another stone cold style. :lol:

He has the most perfect English anyone’s got. What the hell you all are complaining for ? I will battle them you all.
Part of me thinks he was talking about the players

Roboc7

So we are back to players can do better and squad is generally fine, yep, we deserve everything shit thats happening to us, every single thing.
That was always going to be the case in the short term at least. He’s only going to be able to bring in 3-4 players and all of them won’t hit the ground running. For most of our league games next season the starting eleven will contain at least 8-9 players currently on the books.

There’s no quick fix here it’s a long term project, whether he’ll be allowed to dismantle the squad o we next few years will depend on his performance and how much interference there is from behind the scenes.

frostbite

Transcript of interview
Thank you for the transcript!

Completely logical and expected answers from ETH. My understanding:

1. We have a lot of good players. This squad can do better. ("There’s potential and now it’s up to us to get that out.")

2. Next year the goal is to get top 4. CL is very important for everyone. ("We have to return as quickly as possible to that competition.”)

3. Ralf who?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
“I want to battle them all” :lol: :lol: Somebody make a gif of the royal rumble with him in one corner against the whole premier league managers in another stone cold style. :lol:

He has the most perfect English anyone’s got. What the hell you all are complaining for ? I will battle them you all.
The transition from 'im Happy to be here', to 'I want to battle them all' is hilarious

Jacko21

Don’t normally see this kind of comms from the club. They have bridges to build and they know it.

RkkMan

OK bruh. Let's sign an 8th centre back whilst we have 4 central midfielders for 3 positions. Makes sense
The only CBs that will be key in any way are Maguire, Varane and Lindelof
Bailly- Getting sold, has zero worth here due to injuries and one of the players bitching about game time behind the scenes. Don't need his toxicity
Axel- I'll tell you this one more time. His contract is up next year. His performances here and on loan haven't warranted a new one. At 25 it would be beyond foolish to let his deal run out when we can get money now
Mengi- Have you actually watched him or just developed a soft spot because he's from the academy? I've watched him and I can tell you with absolute certainty he's not mature enough for first team football. He's also recovering from a bad injury so terrible 4th/5th choice option
Jones- Whether he stays or not is irrelevant because he never plays(because he's not good enough)and his presence never stopped us from spending hundreds on CBs and it shouldn't now.
Our current crop of CBs are NOT good enough for next season to take that next step. Once numbers get trimmed down a new face has to come in alongside a RB, Midfielder and ST no ifs, buts or maybes

Olecurls99

The only CBs that will be key in any way are Maguire, Varane and Lindelof
Bailly- Getting sold, has zero worth here due to injuries and one of the players bitching about game time behind the scenes. Don't need his toxicity
Axel- I'll tell you this one more time. His contract is up next year. His performances here and on loan haven't warranted a new one. At 25 it would be beyond foolish to let his deal run out when we can get money now
Mengi- Have you actually watched him or just developed a soft spot because he's from the academy? I've watched him and I can tell you with absolute certainty he's not mature enough for first team football. He's also recovering from a bad injury so terrible 4th/5th choice option
Jones- Whether he stays or not is irrelevant because he never plays(because he's not good enough)and his presence never stopped us from spending hundreds on CBs and it shouldn't now.
Our current crop of CBs are NOT good enough for next season to take that next step. Once numbers get trimmed down a new face has to come in alongside a RB, Midfielder and ST no ifs, buts or maybes
Alright we disagree on their ability clearly, but surely seeing as though we have 4 senior players for 3 midfield positions and 3 senior players for 3 forward positions, then maybe, just maybe, we can prioritise getting in a midfielder and forward first.

Last edited:

Conor

I really don't get the comments about him being devoid of any charisma, maybe he comes across differently in his native language or something.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
You see Harry Maguire doesn't do that. If he actually was intelligent and read the game then his lack of pace wouldn't be an issue. My issue isn't his pace. Its the fact that he just isn't a very good centre back. Its almost as if you never watched Harry Maguire this season.
True. I've seen quite a bit of De Vrij throughout his career and he isn't fast either and sometimes gets outpaced by really fast forwards like Haaland. Outside of a few iffy moments it's not the end of the world. He's just a better CB (I think, although he isn't tested as much as would be in the PL obviously)

That said, Maguire's confidence was on the floor for most of the season. How he wasn't dropped far sooner is beyond me. He will recover to his usual average form. One thing his recent absence has shown is that he isn't solely to blame for our defensive woes.

Abraxas

It's been a pretty assured start for him. The way you present yourself as a manager is important. You can see the extreme end of how that can go wrong with somebody like Emery, who I think got some rough treatment because of a fairly unconventional media style. Or Moyes, who looked like a deer in the headlights and said all the wrong things. It was hard to recover for both these guys.

He looks the part, he's talking like he means business, and he's set about his work early. If you're going to lead a massive institution like Man Utd creating the right perceptions helps. Then you have to back it up.

Chairman Steve

Those people sure picked a good day for the Old Trafford tour. Casually get to meet ETH as you have lunch.

Unam333

"I want to battle them all" sounds like Pokémon.

That gif needs the Pokémon theme on the background.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I loved his response on Wreck-It..."That's on the club!". Why should he take advice from someone who ended up being one of United's worst ever managers. After the initial briefing, I doubt whether there will be much communication between to the two and rightly so.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
This guy takes no shite from anyone. He is the liquidator and eliminator. I like this vibe from him. He is like bald Winston Wolf from Pulp Fiction. He is here to solve problems.

NewYorkRed

Nah mate, can't really argue that fighting Benitez, Mou and an over-the-hill- Wenger is the same as competing against Pep, Klopp (both as good as prime Mou if not better and both shit on Benitez/Wenger) and the other two...

Agree to disagree then ;)
Fighting Chelsea and Mou with new money was easy? Was Wenger over the hill when Fergie started battling him? Was Benitez not a European cup winner (though I admit he was not on the same level as the two mentioned before)? Was it easy fighting City with their new riches and Mancini?

Give over. Fergie’s the GOAT. And its not close to being close.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
On Talkshite just now Martin Samuel the poisonous cnut just tried to make a laughing stock out of ETH. Saying how much he enjoys the way he says ‘club’ how he had a little chuckle and how it reminds him of someone off south park.

We know the media are going to try to belittle him.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

Think I’m lowkey crushing on this badass elegant action hero of a man. In Ten Hag we trust! He looks like the guy to reckon with Pep and Klopp.

Chairman Steve

On Talkshite just now Martin Samuel the poisonous cnut just tried to make a laughing stock out of ETH. Saying how much he enjoys the way he says ‘club’ how he had a little chuckle and how it reminds him of someone off south park.

We know the media are going to try to belittle him.
Martin Samuel hasnt been relevant for like a decade at this point, plus he writes for the Daily Fail. He was stereotypical English journo who thinks Johnny Foreigner hinders English football.