Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

abailey123

Brilliant win. Extremely hard fought. Made the changes which led to a stiffer midfield.
Agree with this - going away from the 2 10’s and having Scott sit deeper worked. Unsurprisingly you see a miles better Casemiro also.

AshRK

I am wondering how will arsenal or Liverpool do with 13 players injured or not available. People don't want to apply context

cyberman

I am wondering how will arsenal or Liverpool do with 13 players injured or not available. People don't want to apply context
It’s the same negative posters every week for years now. Can’t be a coincidence.

Seveneric

He needs to win the next few winnable games by hook, crook or the ugliest manner of football ever witnessed , move the team up the table and stabilise the club. Then once the injuries have eased up, we can get back to the style of play discussions. He just needs WINS right now.

The Oracle

There was a 15 minutes spell in the second half (approximately 70 minutes to 85 minutes) where Burnley had 90% possession.

Read that again... 90% possession for a whole 15 minutes.

Not even prime Barcelona did that to us in '09 or '11

Erik ten Hag's in game management is very concerning. How can we be under pressure for so long, and Ten Hag not do anything to address it.

There are serious question marks about our manager.

fallengt

That was terrible
But tbh I had no idea who to sub off either. Hannibal played well, McTomminey picked up pace after half time. Rashford and Hojlund maybe?

Pscholes18

Still backing the man, although I really thought we were going to see a similar style of football when he was with Ajax.

cyberman

What? I like ETH, but I think our performances have been terrible so far.
I’m just asking. We’ve tried to attack our way out of our defensive troubles that has us (until this weekend) having the highest XG in the league while conceding game after game.
How you think it’s a chore is beyond me. I fecking wish we had more games like tonight for a few weeks to be honest

Telsim

We are so boring, it's unreal. And what's with the injuries? This is no longer just bad luck.

Baxquux

A few breaks via the wings and the occasionally good ball out from centre notwithstanding, our passing/combinations were pretty awful. Even if at least a couple of these players aren't United standard technically, it's pretty damning that managers with teams with a fraction of our resources can get more fluidity out of their players than us. It just looks so stolid and low-intelligence - very little understanding or movements, aside from the odd-run up top which invariably doesn't get spotted or gets cut out easily. That, along with persisting with cloggers like McT as regular starters or first-reserves is why there are doubts over ETH, even if by some miracle we get new ownership and the recruitment structure changes to take him off 'main driver' duties in terms of recruitment....Injuries or not, we're bottom 3-4 in terms of actual passing (and off-the ball movement, CM showing for the ball from the goalkeeper or CB) even if possession stats might be fairly high.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
needed a worldie to beat burnley. moments fc 2.0.

Robbie Boy

I’m just asking. We’ve tried to attack our way out of our defensive troubles that has us (until this weekend) having the highest XG in the league while conceding game after game.
How you think it’s a chore is beyond me. I fecking wish we had more games like tonight for a few weeks to be honest
Yes, it's been a chore. Our performances haven't been good. There's obviously reasons for that, but there's absolutely no way I've enjoyed watching us so far this season, no. As I said, I like ETH, but our football really needs to improve in pretty much every area.

Scottynaldinho

Do City and Barca etc let opposition have 65% possession or completely forfiet their style of play when they go through injuries?

Did Brighton abandon thier style of play the other week although they had injuries to some key players?

This thinking that we'll have our style of play back is exactly the proof that we don't have any.

He can help us stabilize and achieve top 4 at best for a couple of seasons then we have to improve on this weak, meek, gormless and non-charismatic man.

Eddy_JukeZ

It's really hard to not get concerned.

We can't even build up well vs Burnley or pin them back.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
We are so boring, it's unreal. And what's with the injuries? This is no longer just bad luck.
our players don’t train, ten hag has them flogging houses for his parents.

Pirlo'sBeard

Concerning that Burnley play far better football and have an identity. He's managed us for long enough now to implement a style of play. I don't think we can use injuries as an excuse either. Most of our players are of a much higher ability than theirs. I just feel we're constantly relying on moments.

Hopefully he can start getting things right with Mount, Varane and Amrabat coming into the squad. I don't like his hesitancy with subs either. Leaves it far too late.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
If we can be out football by a club like burnley, it doesn't make good reading when we come up against other top clubs. Moments of brilliance only gets you so far like Ole found out.

I don't know why it is so hard for us to dominate a team like burnley. Not sure what ETH is doing in training.

3KDré

To put into context, player for player it would be like Man City having:

Ortega (Heaton), Ake(Shaw), Gvardiol (Martinez), Walker (AWB), Sergio Gomez (Reguilon), Rico Lewis (Malacia), Foden(Mount), Bernardo (Antony), Doku (Sancho), Nunes (Mainoo) and whoever Amad and Maguires equivalent would be. And before today, Stones (Varane) and Kovacic (Amrabat)

Obviously, this is not with respect to quality but pecking order (ie Ake, Gvardiol, Bernardo etc being starters). Does anyone really think Man City would look anywhere near as good with all these players out?

Piskin

He is very suspect on the line for sure, players are not fully fit either it seems. 3 points but I don't see even a top 4 finish for us this season. Serious pressure on Ten Hag but I have faith he has the strength to handle it.

Robbie Boy

These posts are great, not 3rd and fa cup or 3rd and a European cup, 3rd and a trophy :lol: It’s such a low rate trophy people can’t be bothered to call it for what it was
Well, it's better than Ole's "second place and EL Final" worldie of a season, that we all had to hear about for years. ETH had a pretty decent debut season, all things considered.

C'est Moi Cantona

People do realise we had all our first choice defence out, and £200 million + worth of attacking players unavailable.

redom

It's hard not to be disappointed with the standard of our play, of course there are a lot of extenuating circumstances but he's a lot more pragmatic and risk averse then I though he'd be, we've adopted a safety fist approach and don't take care of the ball at all which is tough to watch in this day and age when you even have the likes of Burnley switching to composed possession football. I hope this is all temporary until we can build some momentum but it's tough to just switch your style midway through a season.

cyberman

Yes, it's been a chore. Our performances haven't been good. There's obviously reasons for that, but there's absolutely no way I've enjoyed watching us so far this season, no. As I said, I like ETH, but our football really needs to improve in pretty much every area.
But that’s what I’m asking, where’s the chore? We’re fecking box office at the minute. We will take the game to top teams, miss wide open chances, get fecked over on important VAR decisions then watch 2 more players hobble off that makes the next game that much harder.
Every game bar Wolves could honestly have finished 4-3 either way.