• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Jordi Cruyff 99

The fans:

Moyes isn't good enough.
van Gaal is boring and past it
Mourinho is boring and past it, let's stick up for Pogba over Mourinho
Solskjaer isn't good enough, the players need a better manager
After the first match of Rangnick: look how the team pressed, look how they can play when they have a manager who can coach them. Every other match: Rangnick is crap and not a manager.
Now it's ten Hag has gone from a genius to crap.

Meanwhile the fans eulogise overrated dross like Pogba, Fernandes (or 'Bruno'), and Rashford.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
No I agree, it’s a big problem. But now half of the squad is ETH signings. Next manager will need 2 years to bin them off and build the squad in his image, so we’d better hope the next manager is better at recruitment. Because we know it’ll be the same old story where we put 100% faith in the manager’s transfer targets, we don’t have the infrastructure to do it any other way.
There definitely needs to be sweeping changes for recruitment and footballing hierarchy before the next coaching change. Otherwise it is pointless.

It’s also pointless to meander forward and continue to invest heavily on the wrong guy though.

astracrazy

Then don't treat them like a saviour? Other clubs go through managers like condoms in a brothel, and we're fixated on the idea of the "one".
Other clubs have a decent structure upstairs so they can....everytime they change a manager its progress. With us its back to square one because the long term philosophy isn't there

Marcus

Started the game with the wrong first 11. Should have played with Hannibal (Pellistri) and Garnacho (Rashford) .

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I'm officially at the point where I want us to drop to the very bottom of the table and don't care anymore who the manager is. I keep waiting for sponsors to start looking at it the same way because losing money is perhaps the only message the top of this club will understand.

Suv666

He’ll be gone before Jan can’t see him surviving the season. Its been horrendous

norm87cro

Hodgson schooled him. Just like every duel was theirs. Lindelof getting tossed like a rag doll near our box the embodiment of the game

Redfrog

It’s the first time I will blame ETH but he deserves all what has happened this season.

He is stubborn as feck. He has his favorites and play them no matter what. He is losing the team at this rate. Some of the players can play like sh*t all season and they are always starting.

The summer was catastrophic in terms of business. Hojlund and Rashford can’t play together. The same can be said about Mount and Bruno. We just have no midfield. But we know he will carry with Mount and Bruno no matter what.

He doesn’t react in game management.

There is no patterns of play. There is barely anything. We just can’t attack for two seasons now.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I'm not one to turn on the manager but he is clueless. Totally inept performance and his subs woeful. Serious questions if he is the right manager to take the club forward. Not only the club are languishing in mid table mediocrity, his player recruitment doesn't leave much hope for the future.

United need these fixtures to build up form and go for a proper run. It was complete shambles and I dispair watching this type of football.

rpitchfo

He’s getting sacked at this rate, you can debate the rights and wrongs of that approach but I find him incredibly average and he’s done nothing to want me to fight for him to stay.

The results lead to only one outcome.

Mickson

We play shit football, have no structure and we will never win anything of notice with players like Casemiro (this version), Bruno, Rashford etc. They can't control a football under pressure. And I'm disappointed that EtH doesn't seem to care enough about that. He is not the coach I thought he was.

Winrar

All this talk about taking time to implement your philosophy, but just this season he’s been outcoached now by Postecoglu, DeZerbi, and Woy.

Anybody else want to volunteer for our clown ride.

bleedred

It's unfair to judge him on this performance.

We really need new owners who are willing to give him an open chequebook, remove all the deadwood, get a full squad of players who play according to his vision and he is able to field his best 11 without injuries, can we expect him to match Palace at home.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I can't say I am 100 per cent with Ten Hag any more. I think his desire to keep ball and be indirect contributes to days like today. Where we keep the ball but don't actually look like we're going anywhere with it.

All that being said I can't blame him for a 10 year process of gradual decline. Should he be doing more to address our fall from grace? Yes. Is it all his fault, no. Even if I am not completely sold on his plan for fixing things, I am not going to blame him for the damage that's happened since 2013.

We were a glorified cup team long before Ten Hag. Changing that is going to take something that's far beyond me to suggest.

sammyhol

The manager has binned this season off before it even begun.

Shows a massive ego that he wants to play “his” way, rather than a winning way.

this team shape and style of play is awful, and it’s all down to him

Redfrog

Agree to disagree. Rashford's scoring last year was a one off that he is never likely to repeat. Beyond that, we don't have a proper striker, so obviously the goals won't be there (we have 7 in 7 fixtures, whereas Newcastle had 8 in one game alone). Pure negligence from EtH and it predictably shows in our results.
We paid 72 millions for a guy who scored 10 goals !

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Lets be honest, as soon as Palace scored, who actually thought we might win? I certainly didnt.

Appletonred

Alarm bells starting to ring now over the manager, questionable signings etc, we've been here before....

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Total failure. Has no idea how to construct a top team at this level. Time to go.

Yagami

Good post resistant
3 horrendous transfer windows in a row is going to cost him. 3 windows, hundreds of millions spent, not one press resistant player bar potentially Amrabat who was an emergency loan.

vibe

Considering the season looks done and dusted in terms of getting any meaningful achievement, I just don't see the point of keeping him around for the rest of the season, finishing outside of a CL spot and having to also write off next season as an "adaptation period" for our new manager.

Logic would demand a sack now, bring in a new manager and give him this season as a period to get a feel for a squad and bring in some of his own desired signings in the winter window, we're likely not getting top 4 nor getting relegated so doesn't matter if we finish 7th of 15th, just let whomever replaces ETH get a feel for the club the rest of this season so he can be prepared for the upcoming one.

But of course if we were a club that did the logical thing, we wouldn't be where we are.