Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

SirSean

How long was it Arteta was given, despite absolutely atrocious results?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Which top manager is available?

Has nagelsmann taken the germany job yet?

soapythecat

Don’t create any really good chances. Don’t cut through teams and players haven’t got a clue what to do other than just lump it into to box. He’s been awful since the League cup win.
The upcoming bumming by city will be his last game in charge.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
What will sacking him do? Who will we replace him with?

If we sack him, guess what, we still have the absolute dross set of players to play the games each week and who’ve barely shown up this season.

EtH isn’t showering himself in glory with weird subs but this runs deeper than him. The club is a festering mess and it’s only getting stinkier the longer the owners stay.

Zora

I’ve stuck up for ETH but he’s obviously not up to the job.

Been here long enough to establish a settled team with a play style, spent enough too.

I think this club is too big for him.

Will be gone by Xmas.

Andre Kagawa

Embarrassing. Sack and try salvage something from the season.

Only silver lining is Glazers might deem it a good point to sell the club, before the value plummets

Superunknown

The results and performances just aren't good enough. Nowhere near. 4 losses in the first 7 league games is abysmal. Bournemouth and Luton have lost 4 this season. That's the level we're on.

Right now, he needs to win the fans back around, because he's lost a huge portion of support. We haven't looked good since the League Cup final and the quality of football has decreased since then, as have the results. Today's game wasn't just a 'must-win', it was a 'should-win'. These are the sorts of games you are expected to win as the manager of Manchester United.

Bwuk

It all has a very defeated feel too it.

I don’t see him turning this around. I dont think he’s solely to blame, but a lot of his decision making hasn’t been great, and his transfer record has left the squad a mess.

Orange Tree

No point in sacking him before the ownership is sorted. This season is doomed because of Glazers.

ShinjiNinja26

We’ve seen this countless times before, nothing will change until the ownership does. It doesn’t matter who the manager is the outcome is always the same, new manager comes in, makes some signings the team responds and we have a decent season by getting CL football and winning the odd cup. Second season comes along and we all expect to kick on and progress further but instead go backwards, the football turns to shit and we stop getting results, things turn very toxic and the manager is eventually sacked. We then go right back to square one and the vicious cycle repeats itself all over again.

Devil81

I'm all for standing behind a manager but I'm starting to think he's fecked now anyway, he's spent a fortune building a side of players who aren't any better than the players he's replaced.

Honestly think he's spent millions on midtable players. We can't trust him with anymore money now surely. That alone says it all.

Red1986

Tactics crap
Signings crap
Game management crap

Everything Just crap.
It's getting painfull to watch us now and embarrassing ETH has all the gear and no idea he needs to go he has had time to produce and hasn't OGS wasn't this bad and still got sacked seriously glaziers need to sell up and stop that worry thats clearly having an effect on players and ETH needs to walk out today and not return

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
You play players like Rashford and Bruno you deserve all you get. If you have football intelligence you know those two harm the way the team is trying to play.

RedDevil250

Won't matter unless new owners come in, but he's not good enough. Time for new owners, new leadership, and a new manager and start clean. He's obsessed with a bunch of average players and many of his signings are horrific.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
His pretty decent record at home is in tatters this season. Worst of all the performances are terrible. I just dont see anyway back for him.

Castia

You can have a team of 11 pressers but if you have zero plan when you actually get the ball then what’s the point? We play some absolute shite football win or lose. A win is usually a 90 minute grind

I think he’s blow money on a load of his old players that look absolutely shite and that’s me trying to be kind

RoyH1

We need him taking a job in Saudi to help clear up some of the mess he's brought here.
And that's our neverending problem. Next manager will find some of ten Hag's players wanting and will want to bring his own in. Another 200 million in the bin

Walters_19_MuFc

Its a result business. If we keep losing, then of course he's going to be questioned, regardless of how we did last season. 4 losses from 7 games is worrying. Yes, we have a lot of injuries and things going on behind the scenes, but we have to be beating teams like Palace at home. We simply don't create enough chances. It's got to the point where, if we concede first during the game, I always struggle to see how we'll get back into it. Today was the same!

PoTMS

I think he's an absolute terrible coach who is out of hid depth but who would we replace him with to salvage our season?

Sgreddevil

Starting to lose trust in him. His last subs for the game totally made me give up on him. Senseless defensive subs. He should pour in attackers to snatch a point. And his insistent on using rashford who created nothing for games over other players who showed more.
However i dont know which good managers are currently available to take over from him. If it is going to be another average manager, I would rather wait out for a right one

Yakuza_devils

80M Antony, 70M Hojlund, 60M Mount, 70M Casemeiro, 60M Onana what's our DOF doing? Murtough need to go before we sack the manager again. Need a DOF with proper track record to revamp the football structure.

MoskvaRed

It’s quite a fall from grace since February. Ownership inertia might keep him in post but it’s starting to feel terminal (and on a much quicker timetable than LVG or Jose).

Nonameisknown

Supports
United
I am so so so so done with this guy. A very poor manager who has been hyped to the heavens because he is bald and might just turn out to be City's bald manager. Ever since Fergie left, we have hired some duds like Erik and Solksjaer who look like they are on the way up, but if you look carefully, really, really carefully, this club has been more successful with managers who have been there, done that. Erik is not one of them and never will. We were poor on the eye under Mourinho, but my God, what I would give for him to come back, be properly supported at a big club and win us trophies again. We need a manager who has been at the top and won stuff and I'll take Zidane in a heartbeat. The dressing room respect would be instant. This guy is out of his depth and If he was sold to us as a top manager, we have been well and truly scammed because I don't see anything this team puts out week in week out that suggests this guy knows what he is doing. Less said about his disastrous in-game management. Might i add that the Glazers need to Fxck off now along with Erik. Erik OUT!

Red Star One

Just go for De Zerbi or another manager who could get something out of the group of players we have, because there's no fecking money to be spent.
Yeah, thing is we're already past the point where we could easily poach Brighton manager and we better accept that if we want to improve. De Zerbi just turns us down, even if we offer him a ludicrous wage (he can also have that in Saudi Arabia) - he's not taking over a place with such a terrible structure and rife culture of nepotism in the highest management that makes the manager doomed to fail.

crossy1686

career ending
And that's our neverending problem. Next manager will find some of ten Hag's players wanting and will want to bring his own in. Another 200 million in the bin
I'd put a stop to it right away with the next manager. There's no fecking money, you take the job knowing that you have to get the best out of these players and the scouting network will identify young upcoming players to supplement the first team with. Just do your job and worry about the results.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’ve completely lost faith in him. He probably could have gone last year after that diabolical Liverpool result to be honest.

Our play is shit. Our recruitment under him has been dreadful. The players don’t look coached and we don’t score goals. I don’t see any positives at all.

Matriac

It's not great at the moment, but there's also no manager on the market now that I'd want to replace him with.
(Only one would be Ole really, but that's not gonna happen.)