Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

hobbers

If (when) ETH gets the sack Murtough has to go as well. The useless fraud.

Thing you fear with those two clowns more than any previous manager is how much more damage they could do with more transfer windows.

Captain Bruno, Antony, Mount, Casemiro ... potentially even Hojlund though still has benefit of the doubt. What does the next manager do with them? How many more duds will we sign with those 2 making the decisions?

fallengt

I'd defend him as much as I can but what the feck does coaching staff do with this team? They're so clueless in the final third, especially on righwing. Palace could've left 1 defender there and United wouldn't have created jack shit from it.

MonkeysMagic

I just cannot see how our team, with these bunch of players, can turn thus around.

As much as I like ETH and wanted him to succeed, I just cannot see what our players are trying to do...I dont think they do! There are no other managerial candidates out there so unless we have a total blowout, he will last till the end of season but we'll prob be out of all competitions by Jan! What a depressing realisation that we have nothing to look forward to.

Strangest Tribe

The club is simply not set up to succeed anymore and no matter how many managers you bring in it’s only going to end in tears until those fvcking pond life owners are out of our club…fvck that family for what they’ve done to our club

Zora

80M Antony, 70M Hojlund, 60M Mount, 70M Casemeiro, 60M Onana what's our DOF doing? Murtough need to go before we sack the manager again. Need a DOF with proper track record to revamp the football structure.
This is disgusting. Didn’t realise they were the fees involved.

Ten Hag needs to stop buying his mates from the dogsh*t Dutch league too. I would look ok for Ajax if you stick me out in the right wing against FC Wankathong.

vibe

seriously, who would you bring in at this stage?
At this point anyone. Don't get me wrong I 100% understand what you're getting at, the club's problems run much, much deeper than the manager, but it doesn't look like ETH is close to turning anything around.

We have to accept the reality that we are not a top club in the PL right now and not even a top manager looks like he could change that. So why not get someone less experienced with more to prove?

Will it bring us back to the glory days? Probably not. But will keeping ETH?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
The more I think about it, the more i'm convinced he won't survive and will be sacked.

Look at the 3 wins, lucky against wolves, dismal against forrest. Insipid against burnely.

How has it gone this bad??

Skills

Snitch
If (when) ETH gets the sack Murtough has to go as well. The useless fraud.

Thing you fear with those two clowns more than any previous manager is how much more damage they could do with more transfer windows.

Captain Bruno, Antony, Mount, Casemiro ... potentially even Hojlund though still has benefit of the doubt. What does the next manager do with them? How many more duds will we sign with those 2 making the decisions?
It's alright. There isn't much left to spend now. We've emptied the coffers now.

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah, thing is we're already past the point where we could easily poach Brighton manager and we better accept that if we want to improve. De Zerbi just turns us down, even if we offer him a ludicrous wage (he can also have that in Saudi Arabia) - he's not taking over a place with such a terrible structure and rife culture of nepotism in the highest management that makes the manager doomed to fail.
Well we have to move for him before City and Madrid get their claws in him, which they're both currently trying to do. United's a great challenge and a huge club. We still have draw.

Ole'sgunnarwin

It's like going back in time two years to the dying days of Ole's reign. No sign whatsoever that he knows how to turn things around. Yes he's had bad luck with injuries, but it's zero excuse for getting beaten by Crystal Palace at home. Comfortably beaten at that. They won't have an easier away game this season.
We were better under Solskjaer. Statistically and to watch despite the horror show at the end of his time. This is no different.

GMoore23

Backed every step of the way.

Shit signings
Shit tactics
Shit squad management

Not good enough

Geistman

Obviously his performance as manager has been immensely disappointing but I believe we actually have to see it through to the bitter end this season with him. It will just be more of the same if a new manager is brought in.
Injuries and off field issues have to be dealt with by most clubs and the team that was out today should be beating Crystal Palace regardless of everything.
Why is the club making the same mistakes. Ten Hag should have at most a say in transfers but it should BE a DOF identifying the players, not these eredivisie players like Onana and Antony. Mount was a purchase which I think Ten Hag saw as a replacement for FDJ, that says it all really.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He’s gonna be under pressure now. Not that I want him to go, but he’s gotta turn it around fast. His insistence with Casemiro-Bruno-Mount looks like a failed experiment. Needs to rethink that fast

marktan

Good post I read on the sunderland forum:
United's main problem IMO is that they are bowing to every manager's transfer demands.

I read something the other the day that Guardiola has only ever re-signed one former player (Thaigo) and that Klopp has never done it. I didn't look into it in greater detail but a quick scan suggested it was accurate.

They have both worked with excellent players that I'm sure they would love to re-sign but will have been told no as their clubs have a proper recruitment structure in place and aren't dictated to by managers, regardless of their standing/status.

I mean in two years ten Haag has spent about half a billion quid and pissed a lot of that up the wall on former players who haven't worked out.

Any properly ran elite club give managers very little say in transfers. ten Hag almost has full control. It's ridiculous.

Shinjch

It felt like this explosion against him has been coming. However, I still wouldn't have him as a chief concern.

Revan

Assumptionman
He is a genius, a miracle worker, the best manager we have had in post-SAF era, no one would have done better with this team.

Caf told me that.

Red Star One

Well we have to move for him before City and Madrid get their claws in him, which they're both currently trying to do. United's a great challenge and a huge club. We still have draw.
We sure have draw, massive fanbase and a legendary status in the history of the game, but all I am saying is that a smart manager doesn't come here before we get rid of this fecking structure. As painful as it is to say this, at the moment I think you'd have to be an idiot to go to United rather than wait out for City or Madrid if you were de Zerbi (and if he continues to impress in the next months)

Romez

He will be sacked eventually and probably deservedly so but we need to sort out the structure of the club when he does go, otherwise we're doomed to repeat the last few years.

Because of our garbage structure (No DoF) we're in a position where we're scared to sack managers because of how much time and money we've spent on them.

Managers should be a cog in a bigger picture not THE whole club. We need to get out of this delusional thinking that we'll land another SAF.

We need a proper DoF to take control, an actual football mind not fecking Murtough.

When you actually have structure in the club you can bring managers in and out knowing they can use the players already at the club. Instead we'll bring in a new manager cluelessly present them with a blank cheque and ask them who they want to sign while getting rid of the previous managers signings. Continuing to waste money AND time.

SAFMUTD

I'm not close to being ten hag out but things are really bad atm. Forget the results just the overall performances are dreadful.

Today was a reminisce of LVG, most boring game in years. Toothless in attack sterile possession. The signings look shit specially Mount. It's not clicking we're in for the classic second season sink.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I’ve completely lost faith in him. He probably could have gone last year after that diabolical Liverpool result to be honest.

Our play is shit. Our recruitment under him has been dreadful. The players don’t look coached and we don’t score goals. I don’t see any positives at all.
Home form papered over a lot of the cracks. Now thats gone he is being badly exposed.

Skills

Snitch
Good post I read on the sunderland forum:
I mean some of us have been saying this for a while. But remember it's all about "backing the manager", "needs players he can trust" and all that shit our fans were harping on about all of last season.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It seems increasingly likely last season was a fluke and result of freak Rashford and Casemiro form (for part of the year). I don't see where this team is heading, and opposition has figured us out. Basically just block vertical passing lanes, press Casemiro and you should be good.

TsuWave

What makes De Zerbi qualified for the job?
De Zerbi's team at least plays decent football - even after losing some core players. What makes Ten Hag qualified? Talking about principles and plans we never see implemented?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I mean some of us have been saying this for a while. But remember it's all about "backing the manager", "needs players he can trust" and all that shit our fans were harping on about all of last season.
Everyone could see it coming from a mile what a huge risk this was. But as soon as you questioned his demands, it was all about being a Glazer shill, not backing the manager, yadda yadda