Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Irwin99

Even if this particular match is turned around it does feel inevitable at this point that it's over.

EtH isn't blameless but it's the same old story with manager after manager.

Someone

Something
His best bet at the moment is to put on the field some young players who aren't mentally shot yet. It doesn't matter what we think of him if the players are done, it'll be just a matter of time.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Highly doubt he gets sacked during the international break… for the main reason being theirs no one who can come and replace him. Think the game against city might seal his fate. A whooping of them and that’s it
Shades of the Solskjaer fiasco and complete lack of future planning on the part of the club.

We also have less money now, so they'll be reluctant to pay him off for the remaining 1.5 years.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't want him to go, I still think he could be the man.

But I have to admit, he's wasted money on rubbish players, his stubborn and he has his favourites. Damage is done, it's a shame.
He has the potential to fix things, moreso than any other of our managers have but he’s proven he’ll just keep playing his favourites, no matter how shite they play.

soapythecat

He’s awful. We look clueless about scoring. Concede on first attempt. Does nothing to react. He’s fecked this and he can’t complain about injuries as he has a pretty much full strength forward line. This season is on him and the back room staff. I feel sorry for him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His system is horrible. I don't even care about the mistakes here and there. The system he has us playing is dogshit. It's narrow, it leaves us horribly exposed, we don't press well and leave an easy out for opposition, on the ball we aren't holding width at all or attacking with pace down the flanks.

Get a good system and the mistakes would stop. He wants to overcomplicate things and looks totally lost under the pressure.

miliebrowndivorceattorney

Onana makes crucial mistake. next game: he is starting. He makes another crucial mistake. Next game: starting again. Onana makes another crucial mistake. Next game: he is starting.

For a supposed clever manager, Ten Hag is behaving like he is abusing substances in an alarming rate? What does Onana have on him to keep starting and losing games?

AltiUn

He’s awful. We look clueless about scoring. Concede on first attempt. Does nothing to react. He’s fecked this and he can’t complain about injuries as he has a pretty much full strength forward line. This season is on him and the back room staff. I feel sorry for him.
He obviously hasn’t considering Antony and Højlund have both missed games this season, with Antony still not in the starting 11. They’ve not even started 1 game together yet.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He’s just like Solskjær. Another manager that isn’t ruthless. I’ve been saying all week he needs to drop rashford and Onana. Give the Turkish keeper a chance. Reckon he saves that shot. DDG would have saved that shot

Cathy Ferguson

Our worst manager since the 70ties or even ever? Terrible signings and no clear playing style. He is never gonna make it here.

AltiUn

His system is horrible. I don't even care about the mistakes here and there. The system he has us playing is dogshit. It's narrow, it leaves us horribly exposed, we don't press well and leave an easy out for opposition, on the ball we aren't holding width at all or attacking with pace down the flanks.

Get a good system and the mistakes would stop. He wants to overcomplicate things and looks totally lost under the pressure.
We do press, we’re just horrendous at it.

philippexyz

Players have given up on him, from what I've seen. He'll likely be sacked soon. Lost the locker room...

AndySmith1990

He obviously hasn’t considering Antony and Højlund have both missed games this season, with Antony still not in the starting 11. They’ve not even started 1 game together yet.
Yeah. Antony, the guy who has feck all end product will make all the difference

gaffs

We all wanted to see a reaction.

But we are getting the exact same dross. No patterns of play, no structure, no system, no togetherness. And his 50mil keeper makes another absolute howler.

I watched Luton V Spurs before this and Luton look 10 times more organized.

This tells me whatever he is telling them, is either...

a) not working
b) not getting through
c) players are unable to do it
d) players don't want to do it

You cannot lose to Galatasaray, Brentford and Crystal Palace at Old Trafford, on the spin. It is unacceptable.

Feels like we got the new manager bounce from him last year after a awful spell under Ralf, but he cant take this team any further, and that is despite signing half of Ajax!

There has to be a huge turnaround here in the second half, or else he is a dead man walking.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Highly doubt he gets sacked during the international break… for the main reason being theirs no one who can come and replace him. Think the game against city might seal his fate. A whooping of them and that’s it
This is the time to do it with 2 fulls weeks to try and get a grip on the situation.

He is doing a terrible job and shouldn’t have two more weeks with the players.

This is a tailspin that needs to be halted today.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We do press, we’re just horrendous at it.
Oh I know we press, said we don't press well. Even when we were full of confidence, we press but leave the opposing fullback in acres of space as our defence doesn't press the wide areas. It's not a very easy pass to make, so his system is basically saying "if you can make that pass then fair enough". Problem is most teams in the prem can make that pass whereas in the Dutch league they perhaps couldn't.

sect2k

Stop with the excuses, yes he's been dealt a bad hand, but no one is forcing him to pick the same underperforming team, match after match.

AltiUn

Oh I know we press, said we don't press well. Even when we were full of confidence, we press but leave the opposing fullback in acres of space as our defence doesn't press the wide areas. It's not a very easy pass to make, so his system is basically saying "if you can make that pass then fair enough". Problem is most teams in the prem can make that pass whereas in the Dutch league they perhaps couldn't.
Yeah, it’s so incredibly easy to play out if we may as well not even bother.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
This is based on nothing but I have a feeling he lost dressing room because of Wout.

ETH played him eventhough he was beyond shit at times and on the expense of other players (shuffling Rashford and Bruno around) just to accomodate him into starting eleven. All that talk about not playing favorites was exactly that- just talk no real actions.

This season he played same underpeforming players over and over again, rest of the team can clearly see that no matter what some are undroppable, that can't be good for overall team morale.

ETH has lost the plot sadly, shame really, was so excited when we first got him.

laughtersassassin

It's a shit situation but let's call a spade a spade.

With results like this there is no argument that he deserves to retain his job.

Will he gets sacked after this game? Probably not. Does he deserve to be? Yes.

Will a new manager do much better? Probably a slight bit.

Sadly though it's a simple fact in football that you can't do this shit and keep your job.

Yes we have lots of other issues too but the buck stops with the manager and it is what it is.

hobbers

A new manager will do better if only because ETH's favourites will get culled.

Casemiro, Bruno, Onana, Rashford etc.

CloneMC16

Dead man walking at this point. I'm sad about it, but two of the players he signed have cost us that goal.

I don't want him to get sacked, but how long do you keep going with this.

BarryWinks

Don't believe all 11 players (including 6 he brought in) decided to just 'give up' on him. More likely, the way he's set them up is at odds with the quality of players he has, or gets easily sussed out by the opponent for being so basic.

We are hardly creating anything here, not pressing, even our set pieces are crap. There are way too many issues to boil it down to 'players downing tools'.

Ten Hag himself isn't very good. Earlier some of you get those blinkers off the better.

Reactions: Mr Pigeon

HotOne

Rated him last season but his decisions, signings and team selections this season are baffling. He needs to go ASAP.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
I think he's a bit too stubborn with his ideas. Not only he always plays the same players no matter how good they perform, but he also tends to wait to make subs, as if he's sure his plan will end up working. Games like this where nothing is working, you need to make subs before HT or at the latest, at HT. Even though we ended up losing, Deschamps still saved that WC final by making those 2 subs before HT. I'd be speechless if he fields the same XI in the 2nd half.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
His recruitment has been somehow even worse than Van Gaal, Mourinho and Ole. I don't think you can even say Casemiro was a good signing. He gave us 4 months of service. The rest he's been shite or suspended.
It has. The squad is a mess barely fit for a top 6 challenge.

jamesjimmybyrondean

He deserves to be sacked at this point. His recruitment has been so poor that it’s most certain there’s going to be another talk of rebuild if a new manager comes in. It’s just so fecking tiring

gaffs

It's a shit situation but let's call a spade a spade.

With results like this there is no argument that he deserves to retain his job.

Will he gets sacked after this game? Probably not. Does he deserve to be? Yes.

Will a new manager do much better? Probably a slight bit.

Sadly though it's a simple fact in football that you can't do this shit and keep your job.

Yes we have lots of other issues too but the buck stops with the manager and it is what it is.
May not be a better manager, but the combination of these players and this manager is not working.

Oranges038

A few players that shouldn't come out for the second half.

Really some of these gowls to show some intensity and desire. Rashford has zero fight in him, gets outmuscled at every turn, Bruno just throws his hands in the air. Mount in fairness to him, just looks lost.

The quality of the passing and movement when in possession is shocking. Too many balls flicked and scooped in the air. Doesn't allow for an incisive passing game, that's why it ends up being slung onto Pinnock's head.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Don't believe all 11 players (including 6 he brought in) decided to just 'give up' on him. More likely, the way he's set them up is at odds with the quality of players he has, or gets easily sussed out by the opponent for being so basic.

We are hardly creating anything here, not pressing, even our set pieces are crap. There are way too many issues to boil it down to 'players downing tools'.

Ten Hag himself isn't very good. Earlier some of you get those blinkers off the better.
I'm one of the blinkered folk and yet I'm struggling to disagree with you. This is dire.

ExoduS

Is it even possible to have series of bad results in a “big” club and not lose a locker room ?

laughtersassassin

We are truly into the delaying the inevitable stage if he isn't sacked after this game. Assuming we don't win.

FrantikChicken

I’m coming to the same conclusion. Our attacking attempts are extremely simplistic and predictable, and he doesn’t seem to have any ideas or variations, at all.

It’s like opposition managers have figured him out and he’s got nothing else

Amsterdam Devil

Having no game plan will be the end of him. Klopp struggled in the begin at Liverpool, but it was always clear what his game plan was and what he tried to do with the team. There’s no game plan now, being the best transitional team maybe only works against the better teams where you counter and use the space they leave open when they attack. Against all the other teams you have to play better to break their defensive structure down, you can’t really on just counter breaks.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Having no game plan will be the end of him. Klopp struggled in the begin at Liverpool, but it was always clear what his game plan was and what he tried to do with the team. There’s no game plan now, being the best transitional team maybe only works against the better teams where you counter and use the space they leave open when they attack. Against all the other teams you have to play better to break their defensive structure down, you can’t really on just counter breaks.
Don't forget that he has squandered successive transfer budgets on rubbish players. That will be his downfall.