Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 428 48.1%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 461 51.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I read the excerpts from his interview (s)? It's very good. I think he fits us really well. Just hoping he can get the results he needs rather quickly so we avoid the toxicity.

In any case, if we see progress on the pitch and the suits see good work behind the scenes from Erik, then we need to stay supporting him and be patient.

Skills

Snitch
It also can't do any harm to your negotiating position if your manager isn't crying like a little bitch in all his press conferences. Shame about our fanbase though

mikeyt

Like him a lot and delighted we have him and think the way the Murtough and co have trusted him with transfers has been good to see.

I do wonder though how long people will continue the positivity if we don't get FDJ (or another CM or DM) and go into the season with McFred getting dominated by Brighton and Brentford in the middle of the park in our first couple of games.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Like him a lot and delighted we have him and think the way the Murtough and co have trusted him with transfers has been good to see.

I do wonder though how long people will continue the positivity if we don't get FDJ (or another CM or DM) and go into the season with McFred getting dominated by Brighton and Brentford in the middle of the park in our first couple of games.
We need to trust the manager. We know he's an excellent coach, so let's allow him to do his job.
We wait and see how things are and what he does with the current players he has, and those he's just acquired.

fezzerUTD

It is pretty clear that he is the best coach we could have got and appointing him was the only brilliant decision we've made in the last nine years. Even if he's not quite Pep/Klopp level I'm quite confident that he's in the tier just below those two alongside Tuchel and Conte, with the potential to get better as he adapts to the league.
I really don’t know how you can categorise these managers like this. I feel like they are all on the same level at different points in their tenures.

If Tuchel has the resources of Pep and to a certain extent more recently Klopp he would most definitely be challenging, same with Conte, but it’s obvious they never will get the resources Pep has.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
Wow. What a breath of a fresh air.

Saying British players are overpriced and actually lack quality (lol @ Ole)
Saying that his plan is to win every game and sees things in long term and short term
Handling all the questions brilliantly (Ronaldo-saga, FDJ, Maguire)
Is confident of himself and explains things so smoothly

This guy will kick some ass.

Remember the geese

I really don’t know how you can categorise these managers like this. I feel like they are all on the same level at different points in their tenures.

If Tuchel has the resources of Pep and to a certain extent more recently Klopp he would most definitely be challenging, same with Conte, but it’s obvious they never will get the resources Pep has.
Tuchel and Conte are not as good as Pep and Klopp.

Trex

He spoke about analyzing this current united team.
Fair to say he concluded we needed a left footed center half, clearly he didn't rate Telles and AWB, he also clearly wanted more technical quality in deeper midfield so on the long run am not sure McFred may survive if we want to be proactive in our way of playing.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Really good interview. No nonsense and clearly up for it. Will be fascinating watching how this season plays out and can’t wait to watch Martinez.

Greck

Any other manager ever been asked why he does not buy English players?
Also asked quite a few questions about Maguire's relevance. Like what was up with that. Should give the homegrown thing a rest for now. Simply doing it for the sake or it is how you waste money and end up sacked. If he ends up losing his pace the 150m pursuing that homegrown strategy in the summer of 20 will officially be a waste. Already AWB looks like he won't see much favour.

Trex

Also asked quite a few questions about Maguire's relevance. Like what was up with that. Should give the homegrown thing a rest for now. Simply doing it for the sake or it is how you waste money and end up sacked. If he ends up losing his pace the 150m pursuing that strategy in the summer of 20 will officially be a waste. Already AWB looks like he won't see much favour.
Exactly, its not like we're lacking British players Rashford, Sancho, Maguire, Mctominay all currently would be starters.

Suv666

Na Pep and Klopp are a different breed. Head and shoulders above the rest.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Na Pep and Klopp are a different breed. Head and shoulders above the rest.
I do agree. But if you swapped the four, Klopp and Prp would not win the league and finish second with those Spurs and.Chelsea squads. Tuchel and Conte would piss the top two.

They’d no doubt be less dominant, but no way does the ‘Manager League Table’ stay the same and see the clubs reordered.

Abraxas

I think the smartest thing he did in these interviews was to avoid setting top 4 as the limit of our ambitions (even if it realistically probably is) and avoided the trap of being pushed into stating that the time he needs to setup the team means the responsibility to win is somehow optional at the start of the season. Mistakes that managers that are overawed are inclined to make.

Crashoutcassius

He spoke about analyzing this current united team.
Fair to say he concluded we needed a left footed center half, clearly he didn't rate Telles and AWB, he also clearly wanted more technical quality in deeper midfield so on the long run am not sure McFred may survive if we want to be proactive in our way of playing.
Is this just what you think and you've decided he has concluded

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I do agree. But if you swapped the four, Klopp and Prp would not win the league and finish second with those Spurs and.Chelsea squads. Tuchel and Conte would piss the top two.

They’d no doubt be less dominant, but no way does the ‘Manager League Table’ stay the same and see the clubs reordered.
I think klopp or guardiola would have a chance of a top 2 finish with the Chelsea team. I don’t see conte winning the league with this Liverpool or city though as I don’t think there set up to play 3 at the back and cautious football, the players wouldn’t like it.

Trex

Is this just what you think and you've decided he has concluded
He signed a left footed center back and a left back, we know from reports that AWB is literally on trial, and he wants De Jong for deep lying midfield, do you have a counter argument.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
I liked his comments on FDJ and Eriksen especially talking about the players we have in the current set up.

Looking at Iqbal and Savage I think we have two high high level talents that should be given at least a slice of a chance ahead of the likes McTominey etc. They look genuinely class and could form an exciting partnership.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
we will have our ups and downs this season but i’m 100% backing him.

He says all the right things. I particularly like that he mentions he’s happy to train a player into a role. I can see him turning Iqbal into his own little FDJ

Malone_Post

A bit concerning just how much he’s doubling down on Maguire being captain & first choice. He really is laying it on think with the praise. I’m also not sure this desperation to keep Ronaldo at all costs is the way to go with the style of football, and team culture, that he wants to implement.

The rest though, an absolute breath of fresh air. I love his passion and the clear vision he has. He speaks really well and it’s the first time since SAF that we have a genuine modern day, forward thinking manager.

Trex

A bit concerning just how much he’s doubling down on Maguire being captain & first choice. He really is laying it on think with the praise. I’m also not sure this desperation to keep Ronaldo at all costs is the way to go with the style of football, and team culture, that he wants to implement.

The rest though, an absolute breath of fresh air. I love his passion and the clear vision he has. He speaks really well and it’s the first time since SAF that we have a genuine modern day, forward thinking manager.
He didn't insist Maguire is first choice though, on captaincy there's no obvious pick so I don't see why he should rock the boat.
About C Ronaldo its smart to be diplomatic, because if Ronaldo ends up staying its going to be awkward and possibly toxic if he says anything else, its not like we have turned down any offers for him.
You don't want to be giving the press any soundbite to go on.