Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 557 53.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 479 46.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

hobbers

Yes, Eriksen, johnny Evans and malacia.

The rest that can leave or be sold:

Martial
Rashford
Mctominay
Maguire
Lindelof
Varane
Casemiro
Awb
Luke shaw
Sancho

amrabat can also go back to previous club or wherever the feck he wants.
And if we get these 12 new players do you think Erik will finally be able to convincingly beat the worst Premier League bottom side in decades, at Old Trafford when they have nothing to play for?

Its all gone Shane Long

Sorry but letting 2 goals in against this lot is sackable…Villa and everyone else have destroyed them these past few months yet we can’t…coaching is bad, belief is even worse. I think he knows his time is up and hopefully a lot of players follow him out the door.

ForeverRed1

But he is an option we aren't using, Eriksen is rarely used properly, he can't play in this nonsensical setup that Ten Hag employs but then they're all struggling with it.

Your original point I replied to was you saying you want almost of of the players out first for some reason. Most of them are his players by this stage, so if you want most of them out fair enough. But the guy who's wasted money bringing them to the club should follow them in that case.
Rashford, sancho, shaw, varane, lindelof, maguire, awb, martial, mctom should all be sold. ETH hasn’t agreed or spent the money on players. He gives a list of players he would like to work with and they go and see who they can get, negotiate fees/contracts etc. He didn’t waste the money. United wasted the money.

stevoc

Sorry but letting 2 goals in against this lot is sackable…Villa and everyone else have destroyed them these past few months yet we can’t…coaching is bad, belief is even worse. I think he knows his time is up and hopefully a lot of players follow him out the door.
Erik didn't let them in, in fact he's not been at fault for any of the goals we've conceded this season.

Tiber

Might yet manage to nick a point off the worst team in the league. What a manager

Its all gone Shane Long

Erik didn't let them in, in fact he's not been at fault for any of the goals we've conceded this season.
Erik is in charge of the coaching the motivation and everything in between. I don’t care if you think he didn’t let them in, open your eyes and see this team under his guidance is going absolutely nowhere

stevoc

Rashford, sancho, shaw, varane, lindelof, maguire, awb, martial, mctom should all be sold. ETH hasn’t agreed or spent the money on players. He gives a list of players he would like to work with and they go and see who they can get, negotiate fees/contracts etc. He didn’t waste the money. United waste the money.
No he wasted the money by asking them to buy a load of shite like Antony.

And you'll be bitterly disappointed if you expect us to sell so many players this summer mate.

leontas

Correct. Given he also hasn‘t scored any goals this season, I’m not even sure we need him. I say we try going without a manager for a bit. They can’t defend or score goals, so what’s their point anyway

Suv666

God damn how far we have fallen a couple of years ago a run like this would have gotten you the sack.
This season must be the most goals we have conceded in decades. Even Moyes was better than this honestly.

hobbers

Rashford, sancho, shaw, varane, lindelof, maguire, awb, martial, mctom should all be sold.
You forgot Casemiro Mount and Antony.

Fun fact - we won’t even sell 2 of this lot.
Sancho will be loaned again, varane and martial released on frees. Casemiro might get sold if we’re very lucky. No one else will leave.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
It's remarkable how so many games this season have been this 50/50 type of battle, regardless of the quality of the opposition. Quite a hard feat to manage that. I mean yeah he really does have to go, but I'd still take this over the complete capitulation of Ole's team.

Lee565

This season feels the same as the ole/ragnick season where the last few weeks feel like a chore to follow, may as well start a threat congratulating man City on their fa cup win.

stevoc

Correct. Given he also hasn‘t scored any goals this season, I’m not even sure we need him. I say we try going without a manager for a bit. They can’t defend or score goals, so what’s their point anyway
Doubt we'd notice a difference

stevoc

This season feels the same as the ole/ragnick season where the last few weeks feel like a chore to follow, may as well start a threat congratulating man City on their fa cup win.
I've felt that way since December, doubt I'm alone.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
By the way, Glasner has Crystal Palace playing liquid stuff a month into his tenure but simpletons in here will tell you Ten Hag needs another 200m and 0 first choice injuries to be able to play good football
They'll be favourites to beat us next week. Says it all.

ForeverRed1

No he wasted the money by asking them to buy a load of shite like Antony.

And you'll be bitterly disappointed if you expect us to sell so many players this summer mate.
show me a manager who doesn’t ask for players that don’t work out? You think pep hasn’t recycled player after player since he started at city? What United negotiate and pay for a player isn’t on ETH? He actually asked for Antony much earlier in the season where he would have cost less. . United left it until the end of the season to the point Ajax couldn’t have replaced him and we were desperate so we ended up paying over the odds. Similar to Casemiro who wasn’t actually a ETH signing but a last minute panic buy because of Uniteds complete lack of strategy.

Name a club half as big as United that has recruitment as poor as we do over the last 10 years? I’ll wait…

but it’s on the manager. Of course it is, let’s just take the easy option again.

Shark

@NotShark
Is there anything whatsoever to lose by pulling the plug now. We've absolutely no chance in this FA Cup final either way. I'd actually be more confident going into it manager less, than endure this shite.

ForeverRed1

You forgot Casemiro Mount and Antony.

Fun fact - we won’t even sell 2 of this lot.
Sancho will be loaned again, varane and martial released on frees. Casemiro might get sold if we’re very lucky. No one else will leave.
Honestly I’d keep Mount and I’d keep Antony and give them another season, more experience, more settled and hopefully better luck with injuries and drama off the pitch. If they don’t improve next season then it’s a fair shout to move them on.

Rauður Djöfull

By the way, Glasner has Crystal Palace playing liquid stuff a month into his tenure but simpletons in here will tell you Ten Hag needs another 200m and 0 first choice injuries to be able to play good football
Feels like that happens quite often at other clubs but Utd managers always need years and whole new squad, think ETH has to go but also some of these players are rubbish (at least mentally) and should also carry some responsibility

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
The funny thing about that is that Glasner doesn't really have a reputation for that. Hard working and effective football? Yes. "Liquid stuff"? Not exactly what anyone who saw his Wolfsburg or Frankfurt would have expected.

Lee565

The most frustrating thing about all this mess is ten hag has been backed like no other manager post fergie in every way, he has got his own way on everything from giving ronaldo the boot, pulling de gea contract, sending sancho away and getting a huge amount to spend in two consecutive windows.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Positive GD! Bet all the haters are feeling real stupid now!
Or something like that

stevoc

show me a manager who doesn’t ask for players that don’t work out? You think pep hasn’t recycled player after player since he started at city? What United negotiate and pay for a player isn’t on ETH? He actually asked for Antony much earlier in the season where he would have cost less. . United left it until the end of the season to the point Ajax couldn’t have replaced him and we were desperate so we ended up paying over the odds. Similar to Casemiro who wasn’t actually a ETH signing but a last minute panic buy because of Uniteds complete lack of strategy.

Name a club half as big as United that has recruitment as poor as we do over the last 10 years? I’ll wait…

but it’s on the manager. Of course it is, let’s just take the easy option again.
Every manager has players who don't work out. But few seem as proficient as Twn Hag in that regard.

People have been saying its the players for 10 despite the fact we've changed the squad almost twice over by this stage.

A lot of the players doo need to go but that doesn't change the fact this season is largely down to the manager. They aren't mutually exclusive problems.