Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

stevoc

Fall for what? What exactly are you scared of hearing apart from the truth?

The clubs a shambles, as pointed out by every manager we have had since Fergie. Every single one hasn't had a good thing to say since leaving, surprisingly even Ole.

It's a bit of a trend.
Do people who get sacked often have good things to say about the companies that sack them?

Blood Mage

After warming up massively to the McKenna idea, the dull inspired short shelf life appointment of Tuchel would be very disappointing once again.
Sorry but I disagree, Tuchel is the most sensible appointment we can make from the managers available. CL qualification is essential and McKenna is a big risk.

Judas

Open to offers
Sorry but I disagree, Tuchel is the most sensible appointment we can make from the managers available. CL qualification is essential and McKenna is a big risk.
Logically I agree, and Tuchel was my pick before the last couple of days. He is without much doubt the most sensible appointment. It just doesn't excitement me. He'll do good here though, for a bit at least.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Correct. I'm actually more surprised people were so behind McKenna, a man who's never managed in the prem vs a manager who's won leagues and the CL.

Judas

Open to offers
Correct. I'm actually more surprised people were so behind McKenna, a man who's never managed in the prem vs a manager who's won leagues and the CL.
Because the unknown and mystery is a lot more exciting than managers we know exactly what to expect.

I don't agree with the people who don't want Tuchel purely because he's a "Chelsea reject" which is typically juvenile.

Sakura

Yeah if we blindly follow the club line we must be traitors :lol:
What the actual feck sort of a narrative is that. The club has been a shit show and that's a mutually exclusive statement to how bad Ten Hag has been in one season.
Yeah but we bin managers and demand they get sacked all the time.

When do we begin to bin the club instead?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Because the unknown and mystery is a lot more exciting than managers we know exactly what to expect.

I don't agree with the people who don't want Tuchel purely because he's a "Chelsea reject" which is typically juvenile.
McKenna is so unbelievably under qualified though. I get it with De Zerbi, but the jump would be absolutely ridiculous with McKenna.

Anyway, I hope Tuchel is our next Chelsea reject and can get a tune out of our current Chelsea reject.

TrebleChamp99

Incorrectly predicted ten Hag’s departure
I have not heard much about the situation, but I understand that Thomas Tuchel is a leading candidate and Kieran McKenna certainly seems to fit the profile of what they are looking for. However, there is not much information available at the moment.

432JuanMata

You know what I blame the players more than him but you don’t have a leg to stand on when you waste 80m on RW, 60m on CDM, 60m on CM, 70m on Striker and 45 on a keeper and look worse.

His signing of Mount was insane he spent 60m on a player with 1 year left on his contract who I presumed would be used to give Bruno a rest but instead played him #8 and first game of the season he were found out (like anyone with a brain could of told you) .

We are so hit and miss due to the fact are best players are 21 and younger which is to be expected,the senior players let him down but his signings where awful

Red-17

Anyone who still gives the injury excuses should be made to rewatch the Brentford game

We started this team

Dalot
Varane
Lindelof
AWB
Mainoo
Mctominay
Rashford
Bruno
Garnacho
Hojlund

Maguire,Lisandro,Antony,Casemiro and mount came on as subs

By all accounts that is over 80% of my team fit and that is one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a United team. Brentford finished the league 16th and they absolutely battered us . They had 31 shots on goal and xg of 3.29. That game basically finished any hope for me that this guy can ever be good enough for us
This is the key for me, it would be one thing if there were a solid number of good performances and a few great performances to fall back on when we were healthy this season, but there genuinely has not been a single comprehensively dominant performance all season long, and hardly any where you could actually say we were genuinely good and by far the better team. Sorry but that is not just down to injuries.

The Hilton

Didn't manage to keep the Slotty news quiet though, did they? I'm expecting barely anyone knew the Klopp news, it's not a fair comparison.
It's a perfectly fair comparison. Klopp leaving would have immediately triggered a search and approaches for new managers, yet they were able to announce Klopp was leaving. We have let it slip at the worst possible time and undermined the team before a cup final. It's so amateur.

frostbite

Tan Hag didn't choose the prices for his signings, he was wrong in a lot of his choices, but it's the money men that decide to go as high as they did.
Nope. He is responsible for the prices, too. He wanted these specific players he managed before, and pressed the club to get them. He wanted "unstoppable" Antony no matter what, the club refused because our scouts said he is not good enough, ETH still wanted him, the owners sided with ETH and supported him. Sure, the club should have just sacked him right there, it was obvious just from this incident that ETH is not very capable, but then you'd say that they hired and fired him in just a few months and never supported him.

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
This is the key for me, it would be one thing if there were a solid number of good performances and a few great performances to fall back on when we were healthy this season, but there genuinely has not been a single comprehensively dominant performance all season long, and hardly any where you could actually say we were genuinely good and by far the better team. Sorry but that is not just down to injuries.
You don’t seem to understand football.

The Hilton

I don't think the treatment from the new owners that much terrible. Even with the bad results the owners largely supportive. They showed patience by ignoring media and supporters' high criticism.
And yet, if this report is accurate, Ten Hag will find out he's been sacked via the media rather than via his bosses. That's classless and unprofessional, the club should aspire to be much better than that.

frostbite

It's a perfectly fair comparison. Klopp leaving would have immediately triggered a search and approaches for new managers, yet they were able to announce Klopp was leaving. We have let it slip at the worst possible time and undermined the team before a cup final. It's so amateur.
Why is this the "worst possible time"?

ETH must do his best because nobody will be keen to hire him, like Ole. The players will be keen to do their best because their next manager will be watching (whoever that might be). Both the manager and the players have more incentives to do well in the final.

Judas

Open to offers
Nope. He is responsible for the prices, too. He wanted these specific players he managed before, and pressed the club to get them. He wanted "unstoppable" Antony no matter what, the club refused because our scouts said he is not good enough, ETH still wanted him, the owners sided with ETH and supported him. Sure, the club should have just sacked him right there, it was obvious just from this incident that ETH is not very capable, but then you'd say that they hired and fired him in just a few months and never supported him.
Why would I say that? What are you blabbering about? I've wanted him gone for ages. It's just not black and white. I know for some of you on here it is, you either love Ten Hag or you hate him, in the real world there's a bit more to it than that.

You don't know any of what you've just stated as fact. You have no idea if he pressured anyone. Ten Hag failed, but the club has been overspending on players long before he showed up.

frostbite

Why would I say that? What are you blabbering about? I've wanted him gone for ages. It's just not black and white. I know for some of you on here it is, you either love Ten Hag or you hate him, in the real world there's a bit more to it than that.

You don't know any of what you've just stated as fact. You have no idea if he pressured anyone. Ten Hag failed, but the club has been overspending on players long before he showed up.
If we hired him in June, and fired him in August, without supporting him... you wouldn't complain? I would. Most of us would. Because we'd have no proof that he is really bad in every aspect of football management.

But in retrospect, they should have fired him just for wanting Antony at any cost.

Judas

Open to offers
If we hired him in June, and fired him in August, without supporting him... you wouldn't complain? I would. Most of us would. Because we'd have no proof that he is really bad in every aspect of football management.

But in retrospect, they should have fired him just for wanting Antony at any cost.
Bloody hell you're just rambling :lol: that's the point you were making in the previous post?! Why? Sorry it just made no sense at all.

frostbite

Bloody hell you're just rambling :lol: that's the point you were making in the previous post?! Why? Sorry it just made no sense at all.
You said that ETH is not responsible for the prices. An example is Antony's price.

My point is that you are wrong, ETH is responsible for Antony's price.

My second point is that ETH should have been fired early just for wanting Antony at any price. Because it a clear indication he isn't good at judging the ability of his own players.

hobbers

My second point is that ETH should have been fired early just for wanting Antony at any price. Because it a clear indication he isn't good at judging the ability of his own players.
Forget the price.

Wanting Antony at all, having managed Antony and Kudus together for 2 seasons (?), and paying any amount for Antony while completely ignoring the opportunity to sign Kudus, is criminally stupid. Shows that the guy must play favourites and can be blinkered about their shortcomings.

frostbite

Forget the price.

Wanting Antony at all, having managed Antony and Kudus together for 2 seasons (?), and paying any amount for Antony while completely ignoring the opportunity to sign Kudus, is criminally stupid. Shows that the guy must play favourites and can be blinkered about their shortcomings.
I agree.

Ace

I don’t think anyone , ten Hag included, thought he would still be in charge beyond the summer.

I’ve said this before, but he was the right hire at the time— but has failed miserably this season. His transfers have been astonishing. He’s spent so much money and our squad is far worse than it was when he took over.

He’ll get a job, his coaching career isn’t finished, but his time at United is.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
Plausible.
This. If one of my employee is under review for their horrendous performance and they started taking shots at me they are goner. This is even worse cause he's doing the shots in public for everyone to see and read. Can't imagine INEOS is pleased with his media antics. If anything his comments can be taken as undermining the upper management. Contrary to popular belief I think ETH has a few pals in the media that he uses to defend himself personally all the time (example Withwell)

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
This. If one of my employee is under review for their horrendous performance and they started taking shots at me they are goner. This is even worse cause he's doing the shots in public for everyone to see and read. Can't imagine INEOS is pleased with his media antics. If anything his comments can be taken as undermining the upper management. Contrary to popular belief I think ETH has a few pals in the media that he uses to defend himself personally all the time (example Withwell)
Not surprising. I remember Melissa Reddy on Sky a month or so ago saying that her sources were telling her that ETH is "talking himself out of a job".

red_de_pologne

Excluding trolls, over 300 still wanted to keep him :eek:
Majority of fans do, this forum is on a level of Facebook groups nowadays. A poll of 1500 people? Actual, relevant polls, you know with 10k+ votes, indicate 70% of fans understand what’s needed for this club to change, and it’s not sacking a manager every 18 months.

Pickle85

Fall for Ten Hag being a victim, or feeling sorry for him. The bloke didn't do his job, he failed. I have no sympathy for him.
Having sympathy for a man that's been sacked very publicly doesn't make someone a bad fan. You can think he deserves the sack but also feel sorry for him - sympathy isn't a sign of weakness you know.

Judas

Open to offers
Agreed, I like him. He's conducted himself in a really dignified manner throughout. Definitely time for him to go though.
Eh mostly, I think the last few weeks as he's gone into self preservation mode he's blamed a bit too much of the stuff around him, without looking at his own choices, but that's probably quite natural in the situation he now find himself.

I'd loved him to have been a success here.

hobbers

Majority of fans do, this forum is on a level of Facebook groups nowadays. A poll of 1500 people? Actual, relevant polls, you know with 10k+ votes, indicate 70% of fans understand what’s needed for this club to change, and it’s not sacking a manager every 18 months.
Find me one of these relevant polls of 10k United fans where 70 perc want to keep ETH