Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
So were you unaware of any of his other Overmars quotes, and did you think he was not one of the driving factors within the club to bring Greenwood back?

Also supporting Overmars and Greenwood obviously doesn’t mean he supports sexual harassment. It just suggests he has dodgy priorities.
Prior to today, yes, I was unaware.

And no I didn’t think he was a driving factor of Greenwood returning (and I don’t know if he was or wasn’t without being presented some evidence).

Supporting and saying it was “disgrace” for me are close enough.

Line crossed for me Im done. Win or lose the final im done. If he stays on next season im done.

I don’t want someone sympathetic to those views in charge.

sepulturite

Then think of the games we were lucky to win. It goes both ways.

We've been dreadful and deservedly finished 8th with a negative goal difference. It is what it is. No ifs or buts
And I'm not disputing that, what I'm saying is if we played like we did last season to a certain degree we would easily got it, or if ETH had been sacked at a time when he should have, we would have got it as well.

Race for top 4 is the same every season, teams falling over each other every week and it ends up being alot closer than everyone thought.

redcucumber

And no I didn’t think he was a driving factor of Greenwood returning (and I don’t know if he was or wasn’t without being presented some evidence).

Line crossed for me Im done. Win or lose the final im done. If he stays on next season im done.

I'm not trying to bait you but you ignored my comment about Fergie giving a character reference in court for Giggs and I'd love to know how you feel about it, given your hard line approach in other instances of abuse and subsequent 'sports washing'.

Ace of Spades

Why would he say that if they are sacking him
He is trying to save his own reputation. He later says he has no clue about the future, and just wants to focus on this game 1st and then go on a vacation, which was not mentioned in the tweet.

RedStarUnited

Are people forgetting it's also dependent on the other team in 4th also losing a lot of games in relatively quick succession?!
We still dropped 8 points we probably shouldn’t have.

Chelsea A - We are winning on 90th minute - 3 points loss
Fulham H - They score on 97th min to win - 1 point loss
Brentford A - we are Winning on 90th min - 2 points loss
Burnley H - they score on 87th min - 2 points loss

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
You do know about Fergie giving a character reference for Giggs in court when he was on trial for the domestic assault?
I'm not trying to bait you but you ignored my comment about Fergie giving a character reference in court for Giggs and I'd love to know how you feel about it, given your hard line approach in other instances of abuse and subsequent 'sports washing'.
I do not believe we should publicly or privately support abusers, “alleged” rapists or sexual harrassers. I believe it’s morally corrupt to try and excuse these behaviours and by doing so we create a society where we normalise violence against women.

I’m intrigued what you think too?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Deserves sacking before the game for leaving Amad out, playing Rashford and not even having Casemiro on the bench.

Disgusting after these players made the finish of the season at least somewhat respectable while his favourite Rashie was out partying during the season.

Nole

Best news I've heard this month. Vibes of LVG's sacking. At least Louis Van Gaal brought us some happy exciting times with his good record against Liverpool/Man City. With Erik Ten Hag, you go into these games just hoping we won't get thrashed. I've never seen such an uncharismatic and stiff manager who never ever once introspect his shortcoming.

Ace of Spades

Pathetic from the fraud. Amad should have been in the team, anyone complaining about players when he keeps picking his favourites need to accept that he is the reason for his own sacking.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
doesn't make Sense, Rashford hasn't been a threat all year
For todays game in a cup final you’d hope he’ll put on a performance but it’s correct to say Rashford is a greater threat in behind on the counter.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This selection alone shows why this guy should be sacked.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Why would he say that if they are sacking him
Well, if that quote is a) accurate and b) recent it's...kinda odd.

In the sense that someone 100% secure in his job wouldn't bother to make that comment.

If he knows he's staying, and that they're backing him for next season, the wording is...odd.

Also, if INEOS have already decided to stick with ETH, regardless, well - we would know. There's zero upside to keeping that decision under wraps.

ETA If it's accurate and recent it obviously undermines the idea that he was informed weeks ago (after Palace).

OverratedOpinion

More direct running in behind.

Makes sense we aren’t going to be in control today it will have to be counters.
To be able to spring counters effectively with any sort of regularity you need to be able to find space and time in an incredibly tight midfield against City.

Our inability to counter City is not about failing to make runs, it is our inability to keep the ball in their half for long enough to allow us to get at them.

I'm not Amad's biggest fan but he is probably the best in our squad at finding time and retaining possession in tight spaces. Would have been very bloody useful.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
This hardly deserves a response. 3rd place in the league and Carabao Cup title is “not very good”?

Especially for a manager in his first season.

:wenger:
It was good, not "very good". And the positivity was predicated around the idea that we would build from that cup win / league finish and it would give us the momentum to improve this season.

Which obviously didn't happen.

The Sad Clown

Just in the door for the game. Would anyone be happy to summarise what the pundits have been saying in the build up?

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
I do not believe we should publicly or privately support abusers, “alleged” rapists or sexual harrassers. I believe it’s morally corrupt to try and excuse these behaviours and by doing so we create a society where we normalise violence against women.

I’m intrigued what you think too?
@redcucumber I'm not trying to bait you but you ignored my comment and question?

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
It was good, not "very good". And the positivity was predicated around the idea that we would build from that cup win / league finish and it would give us the momentum to improve this season.

Which obviously didn't happen.
No other team had more injuries than United. No idea why, would love to understand it. But it definitely had a MASSIVE impact with all the rotations it has created.

I feel like the same was up for Klopp in the beginning of his Liverpool management. Don’t remember fully though, it’s a long time ago.

hobbers

Fair enough, I wasn't taking a swipe at you by the way, I've read a lot of reaction to those Overmars quotes but it's nothing he hasn't said before. Surprised more people hadn't read them.

With the Promes and Overmars backing, then Greenwood and Antony, it's been increasingly clear he's a shit judge of character or just doesnt care about these issues.

Rista

I think it's not a coincidence the three most injury hit teams are finishing 1point of each other, despite having good enough squads to beat a lot of opposition's they dropped points against.
It's not just the results, it's the performances which is what many of us have been saying. Newcastle scored 28(!) more goals than us. By most metrics we do not deserve to be 8th.