Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 430 48.3%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 461 51.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

largelyworried

I’m hoping this is like Fergie after we lost to Oxford. He came in and tried to be nicey nice in his first few days, but after the Oxford result, as he put it, “they saw a very different Alex Ferguson”.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Strange though, wouldn't the opposition naturally run far more than their counter-part if they're chasing the ball for most of the game? Just seems like one of those things that's for the media more than for actual team morale or development.

largelyworried

Strange though, wouldn't the opposition naturally run far more than their counter-part if they're chasing the ball for most of the game? Just seems like one of those things that's for the media more than for actual team morale or development.
That can be the case, even in a dominant victory, but yesterday wasn't about them chasing the ball. They simply worked harder with and without the ball. The actual distance is just a poignant example.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I think we’ll see record speed tool downing this week. But maybe this is the only way to get through to them, they obviously don’t feel shame any more so they need to physically hurt instead. The issue with this is they’re going to come out and say we got battered by Liverpool because we were all knackered from running during the week.
That’s if the Liverpool game goes ahead… I’ve been seeing all sorts today. People are planning protests, if it gets out of hand then the game will be called of and some fans are even going as far as invading the pitch to get the club fined massively. Don’t know if it will go ahead or not but if it does then it will do us a favour from getting battered by them.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Hope it’s just false reporting or otherwise it’s just incredibly dumb and serves absolutely no purpose. If these are his training methods he will be gone before Christmas.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Hope it’s just false reporting or otherwise it’s just incredibly dumb and serves absolutely no purpose. If these are his training methods he will be gone before Christmas.
There needs to be consequences for what we saw yesterday.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
There needs to be consequences for what we saw yesterday.
Yeah, this isn’t high school though. That stuff might work when you are 15, it is just ridiculous at a professional level.

trix

How on earth can a team that had the season they just had and after all the talk this summer about fitness and intensity run 13.8 km less than Brentford? 95 km in total is shokking.

awkwarddutchguy

Erik Ten Hag is in a difficult position feel for him next game against liverpool which will be an loss and then the panic will come and the fans will be screaming for Poch

Lost bear

It'll at least be interesting to see how the season progresses with him. How many players get cut or dropped after these drastic failures. There's no way we just persist with the same shit given last season, he'll have to sift through them pretty dramatically and assertively to send a message IMO. Would be interesting to see next games lineup, but it's against Liverpool so that's a hard one anyway.
Yes, personally I'd rather see ETH try with a team made up largely of kids. The only thing I'd worry about is the effect on their confidence, but if he is as good a coach as he's believed to be, maybe there are ways around that. We can't just carry on with the same crap we had last season...can we?

90 + 5min

I hope that its is true about extra training. Players need to realise that they shouldn’t use football as a hobby. It is their job. Let see now if players throw manager under bus, as they have done to previous managers.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I'm fine with the 13.8km run if it's a one-off. On a repeated basis though, it wouldn't be good for fitness, injuries, etc. As much as we love the idea of punishing the players, sports science is a real thing.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Normally I’d roll my eyes at the reports from today, but honestly I don’t give a feck. Yesterday was the nail in the coffin for anyone on that pitch for me. I don’t care, if they get hurt or want to leave great. feck off. Things obviously have to change in the front office but for the majority of our big names it’s time to purge them all and hit the reset button. If ETH wants to bring in the entire Ajax team I don’t care, sounds good, just get someone in that will actually have some pride and edge in their performances.

LordSpud

Yeah, this isn’t high school though. That stuff might work when you are 15, it is just ridiculous at a professional level.

Ole wanted to be their friend, Rangnick wanted to be a mentor, the players threw them both under the bus. They dont react to anything. They need to be punished. That being said, Ten Hag has set himself on the path to being thrown under the bus too now.

Castia

Should do this every single game. If a team outruns us we’re making up the difference in the next training session.

jackal&hyde

He needs to accept that the squad is not good for playing progressive football at this level and play a more defensive counter style or else he will lose his job like Ole and RR. Buy more players in the winter and next summer and slowly transition to his preferred play.

Castia

Nah this is spot on for me. If these ‘professionals’ are serious they wouldn’t be the least running side in the league.

If they won’t even run, which is a basic action in sport then I’d bet my house on them following absolutely nothing the coaches are trying to put in place. Feck the lot of them.

The_Midfielder

I think the board needs to support him whatever happens
If Bruno, ronaldo, rashford want to leave, leak to the press.. Let's support Ten Haag instead of them..
We have 15 days of the window open.. Sell them all and buy hungry players..
Malacia type