Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 430 48.3%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 461 51.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

croadyman

He needs to accept that the squad is not good for playing progressive football at this level and play a more defensive counter style or else he will lose his job like Ole and RR. Buy more players in the winter and next summer and slowly transition to his preferred play.
We need to sign players NOW not January

croadyman

I think the board needs to support him whatever happens
If Bruno, ronaldo, rashford want to leave, leak to the press.. Let's support Ten Haag instead of them..
We have 15 days of the window open.. Sell them all and buy hungry players..
Malacia type
Yeah can all go quite frankly

Castia

He needs to accept that the squad is not good for playing progressive football at this level and play a more defensive counter style or else he will lose his job like Ole and RR. Buy more players in the winter and next summer and slowly transition to his preferred play.
Had 3 months to do that this summer he gave him a list of at least 6 players on it for certain. He’s been let down massively.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
We need to sign the right players.

If those players are not available now because we took too long, we wait and start planning for the next window.

Making panic signings will just keep us in this mess for even longer, as they inevitably become deadwood and we struggle to sell them.

croadyman

Hope it’s just false reporting or otherwise it’s just incredibly dumb and serves absolutely no purpose. If these are his training methods he will be gone before Christmas.
Why they are a lazy bunch

The_Midfielder

I agree with this. Where was the fury before now? He has been backed, it's just that we he spent the money poorly (Martinez) and not at all (FDJ) they are 100% on ETH. As for the Ronaldo circus, he seemed desperate to keep him for some reason. He had his chance to let him leave when he asked.
It's on the board to get the players he want and they're failing big time.
Also do you think 2 games is enough to treat a new player like a poor acquisition?
[/QUOTE]
Do we really think the Ronaldo thing is on him ?

croadyman

We need to sign the right players.

If those players are not available now because we took too long, we wait and start planning for the next window.

Making panic signings will just keep us in this mess for even longer, as they inevitably become deadwood and we struggle to sell them.
Nah just need players because we are utterly desperate, leave right ones for the next window

jackal&hyde

I agree but one or two will not be enough. IMO he needs to accept that a major overhaul is needed to play his game in the EPL or else lose the players completely, fan support and then lose his job. I don't want that to happen so I'd rather play our tried and tested counter "win by player quality" tactic then lose a very talented manager.

dutchred

It's time to try the kids,
Laird --- Dalot
Varanne ---- Maguire
Malacia ----- Shaw
Iqbal ----- Fred
Garner --- MacTominay
Garnacho ---- Rashford
vd Beek ---- Ronaldo ( as a false 9 as we have no fit forward till Martial is back)

In the meantime find a CM (Frenkie) and another experienced midfielder
Find a right back ( or even try MacTominay there)
If Varanne continue to be injured find a new CH
Find a forward to cover Martial, Sancho and Garnacho

jackal&hyde

Had 3 months to do that this summer he gave him a list of at least 6 players on it for certain. He’s been let down massively.
I agree. I expected a massive summer so I'm blown away at how bad we've been in the market.

rooney2009

I’m not sure this running stats make any sense as we had 70% possession so they had to chase us
it seems to me that ETH is learning on the job and has already made a few mistakes like playing Eriksen as a striker or DM makes no sense
Also He needs to give Martinez time to settle and not rush him in
I remember Evra and Vidic struggling when they 1st joined united

croadyman

Laird --- Dalot
Varanne ---- Maguire
Malacia ----- Shaw
Iqbal ----- Fred
Garner --- MacTominay
Garnacho ---- Rashford
vd Beek ---- Ronaldo ( as a false 9 as we have no fit forward till Martial is back)

McTominay shouldn't be near first team

sniff99

Nah this is spot on for me. If these ‘professionals’ are serious they wouldn’t be the least running side in the league.

If they won’t even run, which is a basic action in sport then I’d bet my house on them following absolutely nothing the coaches are trying to put in place. Feck the lot of them.
Completely agree

BeltUp

Supports
United
You don't sign a manager who plays a particular system and ask them to be pragmatic with their style of play. Might as well have signed Big Sam if that was the case.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
If he loses vs Liverpool he should walk

Not good enough
What is this obsession with EtH walking?

Not only does it seriously damage EtH’s reputation (effectively running away when things get tough) but it just plunges us further snd further away from the top 2

What elite manager is going to come to Man Utd if the most exciting young manager decides to walk 3 games into the season. No one will.

Some of you lot live in FM land.

Red-17

You don't sign a manager who plays a particular system and ask them to be pragmatic with their style of play. Might as well have signed Big Sam if that was the case.
Yeah exactly, we have been playing pragmatic football for the last decade bar when Van Gaal attempted to implement a system (as boring as it was, it was still a clear plan). You cannot be an elite team by playing reactive football anymore barring a few exceptions. There will and have been huge growing pains, and probably more brutal ones because of our lack of quality and depth, but we absolutely need to stick with the plan.

If the likes of Graham Potter and Eddie Howe were able to get teams like Brighton and Bournemouth to play progressive football with the quality of their squads at the time, then we absolutely can do the same with what we have.

jackal&hyde

Easy for us to say when our job is not on the line. If he doesn't adapt he will be sacked and that will be bad for us. Took SAF a few years you know before he could play his desired football. I hope ETH is smart enough to do the same and be pragmatic given the reality of the situation.

Stinkypete

This isn't the SAS ffs..
No they get paid a hell of a lot more money for none of the risk and less of the fitness work.

They were outran, outplayed and outpressed by Brentford. Making them make up the deficit is not going to break them. They are supposedly top athletes.

This is straight out of the Bayern playback, press ups for conceding goals in training, running laps as punishment. They need consequences.

Red-17

Easy for us to say when our job is not on the line. If he doesn't adapt he will be sacked and that will be bad for us. Took SAF a few years you know before he could play his desired football. I hope ETH is smart enough to do the same and be pragmatic given the reality of the situation.
The absolute earliest he would be sacked is February or March and that is if we are in a relegation fight. Otherwise, there is now way that is happening. Literally every one of our post SAF managers has gotten more time than they realistically should have/deserved. Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho, and Ole were all dead men walking for months and the club was slow to sack them. There is no way Ten Hag is getting sacked especially with the lack of transfer backing he has received so far.

city-puma

The absolute earliest he would be sacked is February or March and that is if we are in a relegation fight. Otherwise, there is now way that is happening. Literally every one of our post SAF managers has gotten more time than they realistically should have/deserved. Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho, and Ole were all dead men walking for months and the club was slow to sack them. There is no way Ten Hag is getting sacked especially with the lack of transfer backing he has received so far.
The key is to really back him. If there is any player challenging his authority, the board and the owner must back him no matter what. Otherwise, we will be in relegation battle. It’s not a joke.
this is the essential condition ETH must have. Then, it’s about his leadership and man management to navigate us through the difficult situation like what we are in now.

Joseunited

100%

El-Manos

Not only does it seriously damage EtH’s reputation (effectively running away when things get tough) but it just plunges us further snd further away from the top 2

What elite manager is going to come to Man Utd if the most exciting young manager decides to walk 3 games into the season. No one will.

Excellent post. No manager can sort this shite out if they are not backed in the transfer market. No manager will want to join us; rightfully so.

::sonny::

Laird --- Dalot
Varanne ---- Maguire
Malacia ----- Shaw
Iqbal ----- Fred
Garner --- MacTominay
Garnacho ---- Rashford

Savage

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Ole wanted to be their friend, Rangnick wanted to be a mentor, the players threw them both under the bus. They dont react to anything. They need to be punished. That being said, Ten Hag has set himself on the path to being thrown under the bus too now.
Nah this is spot on for me. If these ‘professionals’ are serious they wouldn’t be the least running side in the league.

If they won’t even run, which is a basic action in sport then I’d bet my house on them following absolutely nothing the coaches are trying to put in place. Feck the lot of them.
Why they are a lazy bunch
Asking them to run 14km in the heat a day after the game is not likely to make them run more in the next game.

If he wants to hold them responsible for playing poorly a good start would be not playing the players who underperform, or ideally replace them. I bet that won’t be on the menu when the time comes and we will see Shaw, Maguire etc. as first names on the team sheet against Liverpool.

This reminds me of when Poland hired a 65-year old Smuda with 1980s methods prior to Euro 2012 and he ended up running the whole team into the ground because he felt it would make them tougher.

Conor

We have a spine of over entitled moan bags, that clearly don't give it their all/negatively impact the team when on the pitch. We also have enough players through the new signings and some youth players to swap them out. I genuinely don't care if they aren't as good at this point, they have a different attitude and aren't part of the groupthink of failure that is our existing squad.

Martinez for Maguire, Malacia for Shaw, Eriksen for Fernandes, Garnacho for Rashford. Just do it and stick with it.

jackal&hyde

Right now, of course not. But if we finish 10th or so, the ice will be very thin. And I know how this club and the media, like to put all the pressure on the manager.

I don't think he'll get sacked too soon, I just hope he'll be smart enough to adapt and buy himself time. The club sure is making it as difficult as they can with the abysmal performance in the transfer market.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Does it damage his reputation? Not sure how. It would be him being assertive and choosing to walk after broken promises that were made when he signed and not wanting to be sabotaged by the owners, which is what has happened this summer.

Stinkypete

It's 13 kilometers :lol: Most relatively young, relatively fit people should be able to run 13 k without too many problems, let alone professional footballers.
Optimistic. 8.5 miles constant in 30 degrees is pretty intense to be fair. Don't get me wrong these professional athletes on 100s of thousands per week shouldn't be huffing and puffing but they will feel it after a full weeks training plus a game the day before.