Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 559 53.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 481 46.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

mav_9me

Amazing how this team looks better with pretty much the same players. Ladies and gentlemen that’s what coaching does to a team .
Not really. Big difference with Martinez/Malacia and Eriksen. I'd argue its not with the same players at all.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Am I missing something? I thought we player really well away from home?

Tarrou

he's done incredibly well since Brentford

it's pragmatic football which is needed right now, but there are also signs of his influence on our passing, pressing, and organisation..

and he's done this with Rashford up front who can't hold up the ball to save his life, and Elanga who is a willing runner but not much else at this point

Tiki-Taka

We were struggling to get 5 passes in a row in that second half. I don't know what positions you're talking about all honestly. This team isn't just that comfortable with the ball, I don't even see them trying to be comfortable with it. We actually look more comfortable once we let go of the ball and play on the counter.
You do not know football, not even a little bit. Our build up from the back was great, and that was before Casemiro came on - who looked a class above btw - we just need some quality up top. Atm we’d have a better job holding it up front with a wall replacing Rashford.

MUnchies

We pretty much played only well for some few minutes after the goal.

Then comes second half and we decided to park the bus.

Patience this..patience that.. show me something to actually get behind and support. Deciding to play ugly football to grind results again like the previous managers isn't the right way to start your damn project as a manager. He should have been a little bit more brave and build his own style even if it didn't start well.
Don't fecking support the team like your support will make any difference, funny :lol: :lol: Car crash of a post, if you can not see changes then I really don't have hope for mankind.

BEST No7

Patience this..patience that.. show me something to actually get behind and support. Deciding to play ugly football to grind results again like the previous managers isn't the right way to start your damn project as a manager. He should have been a little bit more brave and build his own style even if it didn't start well.
Absolutely clueless did you see us last season!? The confidence was rock bottom, what he's doing is exactly what needs to be done. Winning breeds confidence, ugly or not. The fancy football will come in time. If you can't see that then I question your knowledge on how things in the real world actually work. Absolutely crazy opinion ffs!

Eddy_JukeZ

We have to control the game better and show more urgency and go for the throat when we're at the top of the game.

Dionysius

Supports
Ajax
He is building on defensive organization, becoming hard to beat, and building a group of players who fight for each other.. The Martinez Dalot moment when the latter blocked the cross.. Thats what he's after...

And from there on get some confidence, get result.. Thats the basis to start building on the attractive playing style like we played with Ajax.. He did the same at Ajax..

This is exactly what he is doing!

el3mel

Don't fecking support the team like your support will make any difference, funny :lol: :lol: Car crash of a post, if you can not see changes then I really don't have hope for mankind.
No I support the team. I don't blindly support managers though. When there's something I don't like happen I'll point it, and I don't honestly care what anyone else feel about my posts either. Not like I enjoy a lot of what's posted here for people to ask people to find my posts good, as if I fecking care. Same shit was happening in the early Ole days as well anyway and I faced the same kind of posts.

HookedOnAPhelan

Done a phenomenal job so far. He's completely turned around the mentality and team spirit of this group. And we will only get better.

In Rainbows

I feel like the instructions are still a bit conservative because of those opening matches. I think he just wants to build up their confidence by getting results.

But it's clear we aren't pressing like we did in preseason, playing out from the back like in preseason, nor are we as quick in our passing. Eventually that will have to change.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Problem isn't the football itself. It's poor but to be expected with this squad.

The problem is the players he's brought in to address our issues. Especially in possession.

mu4c_20le

Think some of them would sing a different tune if Ralf got that result and performance. Then they'll blame the players for downing tools in the second half.

joedirt87

Casemiro coming on helped. Let's see if the cup games give him some more confidence to bring on more players in league games.

Abraxas

We're peak Italy!

Let's be honest, it's not fantastic. The play through midfield, the decision making of the front 3 is not good at all. Borderline terribly actually.

But he has clearly got his players on board when you see the way they're working as a team, and the defenders take pride in the clean sheet. Previously a clean sheet has seemed completely optional to this bunch.

If you defend well you can build around that and he's got that going.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I feel like the instructions are still a bit conservative because of those opening matches. I think he just wants to build up their confidence by getting results.

But it's clear we aren't pressing like we did in preseason, playing out from the back like in preseason, nor are we as quick in our passing. Eventually that will have to change.
This is more important than any signing

Member 125398

Did you think Fergie was a good manager?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

We are more cautious now. Not a gen Gen press but only when required. Quick passes are being played (check the first half) . Playing out from the back is also done but again, only risk averse ones.

I can understand the plan. Slowly and gradually !

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Wobbly start of course but since then it’s 9 points from fixtures we got 1 point from last year. The signs of improvement are definitely there. If we beat Arsenal, it has been a decent start, all things considered.

MUnchies

No I support the team. I don't blindly support managers though. When there's something I don't like happen I'll point it, and I don't honestly care what anyone else feel about my posts either. Not like I enjoy a lot of what's posted here for people to ask people to find my posts good, as if I fecking care. Same shit was happening in the early Ole days as well anyway and I faced the same kind of posts.
But it's been 5 GAMES, ONLY 5 GMAES and all in the premier league after losing our first two games. This is the time to grind wins while figuring how to play together and get use to ETH ideas. We haven't even played easy cup games yet to integrate the youth, try new things etc.

You need to chill.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

We are a midfielder short for that.

Red Royal

Don't understand why so much negativity... he has managed to bench Maguire, Ronaldo.... brought well and got us 3 wins in a row. A lot more promising than last year.

pascell

Looking back on that video of him in the Antony unveiling, you can see why he's so excited. He knows Antony will have that magic to play that killer ball or commit that last defender, which is what our attack needs.

We're building a solid defence and with Antony, it should be similar going forwards, whilst we've added steel and finesse into our midfield with Casemiro and Eriksen.

We know there's going to be teething problems still ahead because the fitness levels aren't there but we'll get there.

avgp_1

It takes time mate. Arsenal under Arteta were playing a back 5 a year into the job, now look at them. The first couple of games have made him re-assess a bit and he is making us tough to be beaten in transitions. Give the man some time

Green Yellow Red

We are guilty of not killing the game off by scoring the second goal. Rashford rubbish at striker. How long before Ten Hag realises that? Ronaldo must play striker ahead of Rashford. And all those who said Brendan Rogers should manage us ;). We’re gonna spring some surprises on City and Arsenal trust me.

Infestissumam

I don't understand how you can watch those past three games and not see the improvement. Remember the Brentford game? We look so much more structured and composed right now, the team seems to have a fighting spirit and there's spells of really decent football in there. Is it perfect? Heck no, far from it. They have a long, long ways to go and there's a lot to improve on, but after the tire fire that was our 21/22 season, the squad turnover and the torrid start to the season, it'll take a bit of time. But we're getting there. Trust this man.