Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 541 53.2%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 476 46.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remember the geese

Last season we meet Chelsea (A), Tottenham (A), Liverpool (H) and City (H) during our 11 first games.
This season we meet Liverpool (H), Arsenal (H), City (A), Tottenham (H), Chelsea (A) during our 11 first games.

So we have meet only 1 more of the bigger teams this season.
Chelsea away was our 13th league game last season. Even ignoring this, your point is that we lost to Brighton and Brentford in our first two games this season. We already know this though.

AFC NimbleThumb

Maybe our play has improved. But we still only have 3 more points after 11 games, than we had last year at the same time.
Not sure what your point is. We have more points & our play has improved, & all this within 11 games.

Sounds like progress to me.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Just me or are the chants for EtH extra vocal tonight?

AshRK

One could see the style is coming and his ideas are slowly being executed. Good stuff

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I'm a believer. That was the most dominant match I think I've seen us play since Fergie. Complete and utter control, while giving a debut, reintroducing some injured players, and of course enabling a tribute to a former (soon?) striker.

Ludens the Red

If I was being picky I think he should have instructed the full backs to push forward and wider more and we could have maybe had more attacking opportunities and won by a higher margin.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect

What a difference real fecking coaching makes. Keeping in mind those last 4 games were Everton, Spurs, Newcastle and Chelsea as well.

If we only had someone to finish consistently we'd be dangerous.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Can the morons that defended ralf now accept that he was totally out of his depth and a god awful manager? The difference Ten Hag has made is night and day. Nice to have called another one correctly.

MDFC Manager

What a difference real fecking coaching makes. Keeping in mind those last 4 games were Everton, Spurs, Newcastle and Chelsea as well.

Wonder what the 'defensive line height' stat looks like these days. Some on here were using it as a stick to beat him with.

Chairman Steve

Bollocks to all that three years crap during the Solskjaer era.

Three months is all it takes with a good manager.

RedCurry

If I was being picky I think he should have instructed the full backs to push forward and wider more and we could have maybe had more attacking opportunities and won by a higher margin.
From whatever I’ve seen, our fullbacks have specific instructions to join the midfield when we are in possession, with forwards providing the width. Definitely gives us more control in possession.

baskinginthesun

From whatever I’ve seen, our fullbacks have specific instructions to join the midfield when we are in possession, with forwards providing the width. Definitely gives us more control in possession.
Yeah. They're being pushed higher up as well. Shaw and Dalot are often in and around the 18 yard line looking for a pass or dragging a midfielder around.

Stinkypete

And the thing that seems to be missed here and on Reddit is that the fullbacks still go wide. Just that instead of running up the wing, I want to say they cut outside from inside. Watch Malacia in the 7th minute vs Sheriff creating a cracking chance by running round and out also Shaw for Rashfords goal.

Reactions: Cheimoon

tariqo

Supports
barcelona
Trust him & he building something great but it’s sad to see him under attack buy fanboys & morons like souness keane evra just to force him playing Cristiano after what he did !!!

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I'm calling it, we are winning the lot with him in charge :)

kunal18

I'm a believer. That was the most dominant match I think I've seen us play since Fergie. Complete and utter control, while giving a debut, reintroducing some injured players, and of course enabling a tribute to a former (soon?) striker.
Sheriff are a bit shit. Our previous two league games were a better indicator of the direction we are heading into.

Will Singh

Haven’t felt this much excitement and enjoyment from watching us play in a long time. In only a few months he’s done this, imagine with some more time and new players what we can achieve…

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
A bit of important context to that is that the club released 5 first team players on a free at the end of June.
You seem to be under the impression there are people who think Ole is a better manager than Ten Hag or something. I think you can relax :lol:

I do think it's important that we don't have Woodward any more though, and the board allowed the football side of the business to go and get the players the (top class) manager wanted. Ten Hag may have had enough character to get Woodward not to behave like a drunk on company expenses anyway, but it seems to have been a lot easier without him there.

CloneMC16

The improvements are very obvious. 1/2 more transfer windows and this team will properly cook.

RedOrange

You seem to be under the impression there are people who think Ole is a better manager than Ten Hag or something. I think you can relax :lol:

I do think it's important that we don't have Woodward any more though, and the board allowed the football side of the business to go and get the players the (top class) manager wanted. Ten Hag may have had enough character to get Woodward not to behave like a drunk on company expenses anyway, but it seems to have been a lot easier without him there.
No, it's clear that most people agree that ETH is a good manager. I do see the net spend from this summer brought up as a mark against him though, which IMO isn't really fair.

The Purley King

ETH Doing all the right things.
Man management (at least what we see publicly) is great.
squad seems together = good times ahead

the_cliff

I like how he's improved our bench options. I feel confident that against the weaker teams in the league we can bring on Fred and Mctominay in the team and still have an as dominant performance. We've suddenly gone from having the worst midfield in the league to one of the best overall with many options. DVB will also add to that.