Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

In Rainbows

Bollocks to all that three years crap during the Solskjaer era.

Three months is all it takes with a good manager.
What's impressive is that this wasn't even the plan from the start. It's clear he wanted United to play his style from the jump, but realized that the players lacked confidence to pull it off (despite pulling it off in preseason). He then changed plans, slowly introducing bits of what he really wants (de Gea hoofing it into now going back to passing) until everything has come together.

Tarrou

Maybe our play has improved. But we still only have 3 more points after 11 games, than we had last year at the same time.
3 points is not bad at all. That is 10 points over the course of the season.

Considering the start it's a really good total.

It means we don't need to play catch up to get top four. If we maintain or improve this current level we should get it.

IhabX7

I liked that he tried to play Ronaldo and Rashford close to each other. I think that might be a good partnership to explore against weaker sides.

Gazza

Can't be bothered replying directly to the Ole acolytes but to suggest EtH has spent some gargantuan sum compared to Solskjaer is, of course, risible.

By the end of his first summer in charge, Solskjaer had spent £145 million. The problem was not how much he spent, but who he spent it on.

Daniel James £15million
Harry Maguire £80million
Aaron Wan-Bissaka £50million

He added Bruno Fernandes (£47million) in the winter window so that's £192million he had invested in the team during his first season. Not such a huge difference, it's basically another AWB or half a Maguire's difference.

glasgow 21

Can't be bothered replying directly to the Ole acolytes but to suggest EtH has spent some gargantuan sum compared to Solskjaer is, of course, risible.

By the end of his first summer in charge, Solskjaer had spent £145 million. The problem was not how much he spent, but who he spent it on.

Daniel James £15million
Harry Maguire £80million

He added Bruno Fernandes (£47million) in the winter window so that's £192million he had invested in the team during his first season. Not such a huge difference, it's basically another AWB or half a Maguire's difference.
Dreary me, I feel for you. Anyone who doesn't think there is a clear system being installed here by ETH and we all need to support him 100% needs to really go and follow another sport.

dpansheth

I like how he's improved our bench options. I feel confident that against the weaker teams in the league we can bring on Fred and Mctominay in the team and still have an as dominant performance. We've suddenly gone from having the worst midfield in the league to one of the best overall with many options. DVB will also add to that.
If the boss can improve him, or AWB or Maguire & make them play to his standards, we will save ourselves a lot of money + will put in a pole position next to Liverpool next year. City can wait; after next year we will get them.

the_cliff

Daniel James £15million
Harry Maguire £80million

Add DVB, Diallo and Pellistri the next summer and that's another 90-100 mill.

In the first 2 seasons Ole spent a grand total of around 300 mill and the only signing that is being used out of the first 300 mill spent by Ole is Bruno. His last transfer window was Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo which was better but even then Varane is the only player that you can say is a regular and is playing at a high standard. If Martial was fit Sancho on current form wouldn't be starting. To put it in perspective we'd have as many players from the LVG era in our starting 11 than Ole's players, this despite the fact that Ole spent almost double the amount of LVG and he left the club in 2016.

Last edited:

BlueHaze

He seems to have that character that has been able to have the players put up a real fighting spirit and comradery. Feels like they are all on the same page for once and all know exactly what must be done. Also he's the first manager post SAF who benches whomever he wants to whenever he wants to so finally a manager with a pair of bollox.

Gazza

In the first 2 seasons Ole spent a grand total of around 300 mill and the only signing that is being used out of the first 300 mill spent by Ole is Bruno. His last transfer window was Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo which was better but even then Varane is the only player that you can say is a regular and is playing at a high standard. If Martial was fit Sancho on current form wouldn't be starting. To put it in perspective we'd have as many players from the LVG era in our starting 11 than Ole's players, this despite the fact that Ole spent almost double the amount of LVG.
Strewth, I forgot about those three signings... the evidence definitely shows that funds was not an issue for Solskjaer and that if he'd been given more to spend he probably would have wasted it. Putting it in perspective there with the LVG comment is actually shocking, even though I knew already that we'd made some dreadful signings under Ole.

mu4c_20le

In the first 2 seasons Ole spent a grand total of around 300 mill and the only signing that is being used out of the first 300 mill spent by Ole is Bruno.
Cavani for free already destroys any attacker LVG ever signed

Chief123

Haven’t felt this much excitement and enjoyment from watching us play in a long time. In only a few months he’s done this, imagine with some more time and new players what we can achieve…
Completely agree.

I can’t remember the last time I used to be this excited about going into games. What’s more is the fact I know we’ll most likely dominate the game and possession. There’s an element of confidence in the team again even if we are short of strikers. I have that feeling that someone will produce something.

It wasn’t long ago I’d be dreading the likes of West Ham coming to old trafford and tearing us a new one.

DepaysCowboyHat

I love everything he's doing.
Transfers were bang on,
Sets the team very well up and the substitutions always spot on and he says the right things during interviews.
Please support him even during the lowpoints....and dont ask him about Italy.

MUnchies

During ETH post match conference, he kept saying he liked Garnacho's tempo dribbles. Going at defenders with speed and quick dribbling in tight spaces, I believe that is what he wants from Sancho but he is so casual in his play and slows everything down. Hopefully Sancho takes note.

Sir Erik ten Hag

We've improved a lot since the City performance.
I understand this impression. But trust me, we as a team have been gradually improving since the start of the season. We are working as a TEAM day by day.

I and the team will continue to work hard to raise the standards. All the fans deserve that for your support through thick and thin.

croadyman

Great to hear he said something along the lines of 3-0 but it should have been 5-0.Exactly the kind of thing Guardiola comes out after a City win and it shows he wants more from this team.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I juat love how we don't allow the opposition string endless passes before a defensive action.
We are also far better on the ball, creating angles all over the pitch.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
This is the problem. People point at someone making a mistake as proof they don't know what they are talking about. Someone who makes a mistake and admits to it is 10x the person someone who stubbornly sticks to their guns despite reality showing them how wrong they are.

When Carragher starts doubling down on Martinez we can talk about him. Until then he is one of the few that is honest and willing to admit when he is wrong. The ex-United players refuse to admit that Ronaldo is the biggest mistake the club has made in years.
Did he come out and attack Gerrard for his management of Villa, like he kept criticising Neville for not attacking Ole? Has he questioned the 100mill signing of Darwin yet or admitted he was wrong on Martinez?

The guys an absolute agenda driven tool.

croadyman

Trust him & he building something great but it’s sad to see him under attack buy fanboys & morons like souness keane evra just to force him playing Cristiano after what he did !!!
Yeah they are sticking their nose in too much

croadyman

Haven’t felt this much excitement and enjoyment from watching us play in a long time. In only a few months he’s done this, imagine with some more time and new players what we can achieve…
Yeah along with a striker to bury chances,being honest I am greedy and want both a forward who can link things along with one to bully defenders.

Strelok

We've suddenly gone from having the worst midfield in the league to one of the best overall with many options. DVB will also add to that.
Yeah this alone seems surreal as much as it can be :lol:

Btw imo in term of money spent the true question should not be how much but rather how effective. Klopp and Pep also spent a shitload of money. But no one would compare Ole to Klopp or Pep I think. It's early days but imo Ten Hag should be compared with Klopp and Pep not Ole.

Ludens the Red

From whatever I’ve seen, our fullbacks have specific instructions to join the midfield when we are in possession, with forwards providing the width. Definitely gives us more control in possession.
Yeah for sure, they’ve been inverted but it was pointless against a side who had zero interest in having the ball.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Cant wait until the pressing stops after several years and then he will be called Ten Jog.

ManRed

Excellent so far. Except the first 2 losses I cant really blame the manager. He has been bold, pragmatic and improved the fringe players (Scott, Dalot, Shaw). If he gets the next summer window spot on again we will be challenging for the title next year.

Real Name

Right move with starting Ronaldo who got punished, they talked, ETH made his point and started him last night so he can prove he's still up for it. That he didnt prove it is another matter.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
One thing I used to admire about Pep's sides is how their passing always looked crisp. A common weight and tempo to each pass irrespective of the player. The team passes and moves on the same wavelength, instead of certain players moving quicker and others dithering in the ball.

EtH has brought that to United, and it makes us beautiful to watch at times.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I understand this impression. But trust me, we as a team have been gradually improving since the start of the season. We are working as a TEAM day by day.

I and the team will continue to work hard to raise the standards. All the fans deserve that for your support through thick and thin.
Ewww.