Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 648 44.6%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 806 55.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Marcus

would love to RvP come to United as a coach and work with the reserve players while completing his badge....which is a mere formality for him to get his UEFA Pro License
Maybe he is here to kick his son-in-law's butt to shape up or ship out?

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
so what is with the RVP visit? Is he taking badges?
That might be it, if Transfermarkt data is to be believed. van Persie is a UEFA A License holder, and must be training for his UEFA Pro License. Some time spent with ten Hag and co. over the Eredivisie winter break will do him good; then back to work as technical assistant (specializing with forwards) at Feyenoord — as well as an instructor with the Varkenoord (i.e., their youth team).
Van Persie has assisted Feyenoord training sessions on an occasional basis for the past two seasons, mainly focusing on the strikers. This arrangement will now be formalised under incoming head coach Arne Slot, who joins the club ahead of the 2021-2022 campaign.
Robin van Persie officially joins Feyenoord staff.

croadyman

Be interesting to see if the Gakpo stuff goes a bit quiet after RVP has been with Erik as didn't I read something about him not being too keen.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Be interesting to see if the Gakpo stuff goes a bit quiet after RVP has been with Erik as didn't I read something about him not being too keen.
Seems to me like United is now being linked with every Dutch player that made a decent impression somewhere. That probably won't stop until the window has closed and will then restart in the summer - until Ten Hag has been with United long enough for the Dutch connection to stop mattering.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seems to me like United is now being linked with every Dutch player that made a decent impression somewhere. That probably won't stop until the window has closed and will then restart in the summer - until Ten Hag has been with United long enough for the Dutch connection to stop mattering.
We did officially nearly sign Gakpo though, so this talk isn't speculation. It was confirmed by PSV and Gakpo himself.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Not that I'm complaining but why do they always come to us when they are working for coaching badges?

when you’re giving a case study to prove you understand the topics and themes of your course, they usually choose an institution or organisation that is underperforming or inadequate, allowing the candidate greater opportunity to display their knowledge on how they’d turn things around.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
We did officially nearly sign Gakpo though, so this talk isn't speculation. It was confirmed by PSV and Gakpo himself.
Yeah, I know. But now there's also Dumfries, and Memphis, and Frimpong, and Timber, and De Jong (those two not as much currently I suppose), and probably some I'm forgetting.

There also some real links there, so I guess it might also be that Ten Hag really is looking at Dutch players more.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah, I know. But now there's also Dumfries, and Memphis, and Frimpong, and Timber, and De Jong (those two not as much currently I suppose), and probably some I'm forgetting.

There also some real links there, so I guess it might also be that Ten Hag really is looking at Dutch players more.
Well yeah that's true, won't be long until Weghorst is linked.

darioterios

Feel for Erik, when will financial constraints cease to hinder and he can demand absolute quality like baldy on the other side?
My sentiment the other day looked not that well received but he seems to share the view.

Greck

Not that I'm complaining but why do they always come to us when they are working for coaching badges?
I'd be worried if Ole/woodward were still around. They'd have them assistant manager then head of our entire youth operations before April. With ETH no more live action roleplay, if an ex-player joins the staff there will be something useful beyond vague DNA nonsense.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Nothing new there. He met a broken team full of players that did not trust eachother and constantly left each other hanging on the pitch.

NoPace

Think we saw very clearly how he wants to play going forward and that he's made some decisions during the World Cup:

1. McTominay went forward a fair amount when we had an advantage out wide, and if it was Casemiro there we would have had another goal off of more sober passing. Ten Hag has had time now with Casemiro and seen that he's still got the ability to move forward vertically to defence effect like he did with and without the ball for Madrid, he'll be a Makelele style sitter soon, but probably not for a bit longer (let's say 18-30 months which means in 1.5-2.5 seasons)

2. We're probably buying Gapko and you can think of it as Rashford/Martial/Gapko as forwards, 2 of whom will play, then Antony or Garnacho will provide width (though they play on different sides). So basically our 5 attackers (with Sancho to come back at some point) will rotate and my guess is we won't see much of Gapko as a 9 with Antony on the right since we need wingers who are hungry to get in the box and score goals for balance with Gapko looking to stay out of tussles with center backs and we look to switch play extremely quickly and attack behind and either side of fullbacks and let Eriksen, Bruno and Casemiro join attacks down the middle.

3. Lindelof will be kept over Maguire because he's not a headache, he's calmer on the ball, Ten Hag trusts him more on the ball at LCB (and we probably will sign an RCB since Lisandro is young and durable and Varane is neither) and he doesn't mind being 4th choice CB. We'll sign a proper CB who can pass the ball this summer, though outside chance we move Maguire now if a great offer comes in and we get the extra 10M we'd need to spend to sign a quality RCB away in January. He can always go in the summer of 2024 with a new LCB coming in. If anyone has a firm take on who the next Piero Hincapie is, that would be the type of guy.

4. Frimpong is gonna get signed so we have an extremely attacking RB option that gives us width on the right when Antony isn't on the pitch, so when Rashford is out right but playing more as a striker and Gapko or Martial a tad left of center as the nominal 9. Also for the last 20-30 minutes of games, one of Antony (RW) or Frimpong (RB) will be able to come on when we are chasing a game.

Cloud7

Because we're a soft touch and people can just come here, have a bit of banter with the lads and then leave with a coaching badge.

20 years ago, Roy Keane would have tortured you in the Carrington dungeon before he let you have a badge
We are Pewter City levels these days, feckin rolling over for any one letting them pet our bellies and walk away with a badge.
:lol: :lol: :lol: