Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 212 36.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 364 63.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

TheReligion

Abusive
I know they're only quotes, but how a manager deals with the media and how he chooses to frame a discussion are both important. It feels like his answers are always perfectly pitched, avoiding traps and refusing to set any for himself, it's hard to believe that communication in the press was one of his purported weaknesses when he came here.

In short, I love this man.
Very much agreed

Baxquux

Yeah, Mou would be incredibly snippy - maybe even aim some backhanded comment about Ronaldo's workout regime (aesthetics rather than mobility), describe him as some kind of horse, aim a dig at his education/provinciality (as he's done before): 'Manager Ole' would be incredibly lachrymose. with notes of hollow cheerfulness. ETH, for all the pre-commencement comments from the media/posters about his own awkwardness - doubly so with now having to conduct interviews largely in his second language - is pitching things almost perfectly...

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah, Mou would be incredibly snippy - maybe even aim some backhanded comment about Ronaldo's workout regime (aesthetics rather than mobility), describe him as some kind of horse, aim a dig at his education/provinciality (as he's done before): 'Manager Ole' would be incredibly lachrymose. with notes of hollow cheerfulness. ETH, for all the pre-commencement comments from the media/posters about his own awkwardness - doubly so with now having to conduct interviews largely in his second language - is pitching things almost perfectly...
Ralf would have roasted him no doubt, shouldering no blame and giving no fecks...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What ten Hag is saying below is exactly why we've squandered so much money post Fergie. And my posts over the years have alluded to the same, where I've mentioned (numerous times) that the decision makers at the top of the chain weren't on the same page when it came to making football/recruitment decisions.

The managers post Fergie, would sign players without the input of the heads of scouting, which has been reported on by Journalists like Daniel Taylor.

That's why it's important to have a DoF, who selects the head coach of his choosing, and puts in place his own team of head scouts/data science head, which will align the whole process where everyone is on the same page. It's a simple process that was complicated by Woodward and the managers he hired post LVG.

The DoF role is a simple role, and hence why you see the biggest and most successful clubs hire from within, due to the process being simple.

Tarrou

this quote is interesting isn't it? definitely makes it seem as though he was looking for a club but couldn't find a taker

"He came in and said 'I will tell you in seven days if I want to stay'. He came back and said he did. Until that moment [the interview] I never heard anything [else]."

AshRK

He will be grilled further regarding Ronaldo. I hope he is smart and just don't answer any questions regarding him.

HookedOnAPhelan

Oh God, I hadn't thought of that!

(from https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip today:

"Atletico Madrid admire former Spain manager Luis Enrique as a potential successor to Diego Simeone - but could face competition from Manchester United for his services.")

What's that all about?
Clickbait?

Do you really think we're considering sacking Ten Hag and going for Enrique now? Use your head dude.

TheReligion

Abusive

"Atletico Madrid admire former Spain manager Luis Enrique as a potential successor to Diego Simeone - but could face competition from Manchester United for his services.")

What's that all about?
No idea.

I think it’s wishful thinking that United are going to sack Ten Hag though

crossy1686

career ending

What's that all about?
United spoke to Enrique after sacking Ole, that's what that's about.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Not that I'm complaining but why do they always come to us when they are working for coaching badges?
Because we're a soft touch and people can just come here, have a bit of banter with the lads and then leave with a coaching badge.

20 years ago, Roy Keane would have tortured you in the Carrington dungeon before he let you have a badge

bosskeano

would love to RvP come to United as a coach and work with the reserve players while completing his badge....which is a mere formality for him to get his UEFA Pro License