Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 619 45.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 733 54.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Conor

I wanted Ole gone after about 2 months into his tenure. Might be a novel idea to you but it’s actually possible to think both Ole and Ralf are shite.
I just assumed you had an agenda due to how rabid you are when talking about Rangnick, maybe have a cup of tea and relax or something.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Let’s be realistic instead of setting him up to fail with unrealistic experience expectations.
his first job is get rid of a lot of players and somehow fashion a “team” together to follow instructions and the systems coached. Our first expectation should be to see proper progress, not just in terms of results but in terms of what we see on the pitch, effort, working for the collective purpose.
THEN if we’re seeing that we can turn our hopes to progress in competitions. I’m certainly not going to deem him a failure or expect too much from first season which is ground zero for me. There’s nothing left of the club fergie built. It’s a huge job
Indeed.

We might need to limit expectations for next season if reports of us shipping out upwards of 10 players turn out correct, as replacing them all will take a couple of years minimum. We'll most likely bring in 3 this summer (4 at a push) and fill the gaps with academy players.

If that's the case, I'd be content with a top 6/7 finish as long as we see visible progression on the pitch through the players. They need to prove they're fully on board with ETH's vision and style of play, cut out the leaks, and perhaps more importantly, show us they actually have a soul because recent evidence suggests they don't.

Tavern in the town

I just assumed you had an agenda due to how rabid you are when talking about Rangnick, maybe have a cup of tea and relax or something.
I said he was shite in Russia. I got told I was lying. I provided evidence he was shite in Russia. I don’t really see how anyone can see that as rabid.

GoldanoGraham

I think we could be pleasantly surprised with ETH next season.

The reality is we are so poor and as low as we can go, this is in essence the team that came 2nd last season, even a few additions and a fresh start for some will be enough to improve our fortunes drastically. You cannot become so shite so quickly….

With the natural attrition that is taking place, a few new faces, a new structure and style of play we will improve massively.

From ETH point of view - he couldn’t be coming at a better time as what has he got to follow?

Hopefully he can secure the Dutch league today with a win and a PSV loss. Then all eyes on the big task ahead….

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
I think we could be pleasantly surprised with ETH next season.

The reality is we are so poor and as low as we can go, this is in essence the team that came 2nd last season, even a few additions and a fresh start for some will be enough to improve our fortunes drastically. You cannot become so shite so quickly….

With the natural attrition that is taking place, a few new faces, a new structure and style of play we will improve massively.

From ETH point of view - he couldn’t be coming at a better time as what has he got to follow?

Hopefully he can secure the Dutch league today with a win and a PSV loss. Then all eyes on the big task ahead….
I think PSV win today title will go down to the last two games.

Elcabron

Disagree. Of course Ole would have wanted Ronaldo, mad to suggest otherwise.

Mata was close to a decade ago and even then Moyes would clearly have signed off on his signing.

I see very little evidence that every player we have signed wasn’t signed off by the manager at the time, there is very very little evidence to suggest otherwise.
Overall I agree with you. Ronaldo is probably the only one Ii can think of to be fair. I do genuinely believe however that Ole was happy with what he had striking wise and Ronaldo was forced on him, sure he wasn't going to say no when he heard Fergie had asked Ronaldo back but that lack of backbone was one of the problems with Ole.

Anyway, that's only one player out of the all the post Fergie signings

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
At least with Woodward gone the ones who interviewed him will have left him in no doubt how big a task he has. From what everybody has said I think he will have been watching our games and will know who he can work with and who is a complete lost cause. I am excited to see what he can do going forward and will give him time to do it.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Really? I think it’s the only thing they’ll accept
While the iron is hot they see it as the only possible way. But Squad rebuild requires several transfer windows and it also be a slow process and thirst for success is bigger and bigger.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
At least with Woodward gone the ones who interviewed him will have left him in no doubt how big a task he has. From what everybody has said I think he will have been watching our games and will know who he can work with and who is a complete lost cause. I am excited to see what he can do going forward and will give him time to do it.
I expect he will be in the crowd or have his oar in for the Palace game.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He can be so stubborn, Haller has been useless, take the guy off. Taylor has been one of our best players.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
How Sebastien Haller managed to score 11 goals in the CL this year is one of the bigger football mysteries of all time. He is whatever comes below bang average. I suppose a testament of Ajax' excellent teamplay.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
He makes it seems like joining United is stepping into World War III. Well guess what? we are probably the most generous & rich club in the world, handing out contracts and spending money like Santa during Xmas. Not holding anyone that were given those money accountable and never pressured anyone to become better. We just vibin. That is the modern ManUnited. Cant see your grandkids if you join United? I doubt it. Mike Phelan sees whoever he wants anytime he wants, Fletcher hangs out with the boys during training despite being a director because he wants to and has to (in his mind anyway), Lingard leaks info everywhere and talks shit about the club and yet the club will always respect him - he can take days off whenever he wants. Same goes for Rashford and Pogba.

Whats so scary about it?
Except Rutten's family probably lives in the Netherlands. Can't really pop over for an evening from Manchester the same way he could from Eindhoven. :) And to me, it sounds more like Rutten thinks being at Man United would be too big and busy and hectic, and that he'd rather do something calmer now. So sounds like he made the best choice for both himself and United.

Also, for context: Rutten isn't that old but really in the twilight of his career in football; he hasn't coached since 2019 and is now a kind of DoF at NEC. At PSV, he will be more like mentor to Van Nistelrooij, who's getting his first job as the big boss. I don't know what Ten Hag would have had him to do at United, but it's probably no big loss for the club.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
If he's struggling with Ajax there's not much hope for him in the PL.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Ten Hag appears to be playing scrabble in the dug out
Rivals and pundits will be all
Over this if he does it here.

just know people are BAYING for his first bad result.

“Ajax bottle job in frame to start at disasterous United”

KwendaHuko

He has to win the league.

If he doesn't, the bottle job, media scrutiny, fans mistrust and toxic United environment will take him down.

He needs to come as a League Champion.

NYAS

If he's struggling with Ajax there's not much hope for him in the PL.
:lol: Yeah, really struggled at Ajax the past 4 years.

Your attention-seeking doomsday posts have been a stain on the forum for a few weeks now.

No idea why I put up with it. Ignored.