Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 648 44.6%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 806 55.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

maxtrash

very nice statement from ETH. I do think he got some help phrasing the words since it looks like it's written by a native speaker.

I am also very surprised by the sheer enjoyability of the matches. Is it just winning? I think not, Mourinho has proved that. Yet, even with relatively low possession and bad periods during the match it's still a very likable team. Maybe it's just that the team spirit is contagious.

romufc

Ahhh good Old Piers Morgan. Isn't he the one celebrating every goal Ronaldo scores in Saudi... I repeat.. in Saudi.

AshRK

People who are saying "it's just a league cup" need to understand it is not just the league cup. It is the work done as a whole in the past 6 months that has to be looked into
Just in May 2022 these pundits and many of us fans predicted us to be struggling for next 2 to 3 years but here we are in 3rd spot with a trophy with beating one of the best clubs this season in Barcelona.

ETH has done a remarkable job and there is nothing flukey about it.

Tony247

Next year goal should be match after match dominate first half, score about 2-3 goals and puncture whatever hope, confidence, ego the opposition had. Then drop a gear in second half and play cat and mouse.

I think a very good CF, a DLP and a world class RWB will work wonders in summer transfer.

poleglass red

good to see that hug with Fergie, always respect the history of the club, but now create your own. Winning this cup is hopefully a step to another successful period in our club.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
A new era under ETH has begun! The squad is hungry for more! I love how ETH has brought the club spirit and fight back and he’s reunited the players with the fans. The bond is only gonna get stronger. What a man he is.. and a superb manager!

next_number_seven

Next year goal should be match after match dominate first half, score about 2-3 goals and puncture whatever hope, confidence, ego the opposition had. Then drop a gear in second half and play cat and mouse.

I think a very good CF, a DLP and a world class RWB will work wonders in summer transfer.
What's a DLP?

mu4c_20le

Yes Casemiro is important and he brought missing assurance in defensive third. Credit of bringing him surely goes to ETH. But that just one part of story. Players have improved leaps and bounds under ETH. Playing style is now consistently progressive.

I mean a die hard united fan just have to listen to its heartbeats during the match to know what ETH has done in just few months.
He's probably a more important signing than Martinez imo. There just isn't many world class DMs out there, let alone be available, no matter how much money you have. I think in the last decade or so, only Kante comes close, and he's still not as good as Case.

next_number_seven

If we can keep Varane, Lisandro and Casemiro fit for 3 more seasons, it'll give us a great foundation for success.

Very difficult to get past them, then you need to beat De Gea. Our clean sheets this year have been vital because we'll always score.

I remember Van Der Sar broke some record for clean sheets but really it was down to Rio, Vidic and Carrick

Shimo

If we can keep Varane, Lisandro and Casemiro fit for 3 more seasons, it'll give us a great foundation for success.

Very difficult to get past them, then you need to beat De Gea. Our clean sheets this year have been vital because we'll always score.

I remember Van Der Sar broke some record for clean sheets but really it was down to Rio, Vidic and Carrick
Evans was played quite a few of those games for that record - can't remember which of the 2 CBs was out at the time.

poleglass red

was Rio not injured for most or all of that run, I could be wrong, but think Evans played in his absence

always_hoping

Only took him 40 games to win a domestic trophy with United.

Can someone remind me how many games it took Pep with Man City and Klopp with Liverpool took to win a 1st trophy?
To answer my own question yesterday.

Pep first trophy won the league cup 2017/18 season after 96 games in charge.

His first season with Man City 2016/17

Premier league - 3rd with 78 points
FA Cup - Semi final exit to Arsenal
League cup - Round 4 exit to Man United
Europe - Round 16 Champions league exit to Monaco

Klopp i didn't bother to add up as he was appointed in October 2015 and the first trophy didn't come until 2019

DSG

We’re all over the moon right now with ETH and rightly so. Let’s celebrate, but also temper expectations a bit. Before we anoint him a genius, let’s win some major trophies. Someone saying he’s a better manager than Klopp… come on. Klopp’s trophy case is much larger with a lot more bling.

Delighted with Ten Hag so far. Eager to see what we do for the rest of the season and how we spend money in the summer.

DSG

To answer my own question yesterday.

Pep first trophy won the league cup 2017/18 season after 96 games in charge.

His first season with Man City 2016/17

Premier league - 3rd with 78 points
FA Cup - Semi final exit to Arsenal
League cup - Round 4 exit to Man United
Europe - Round 16 Champions league exit to Monaco

Klopp i didn't bother to add up as he was appointed in October 2015 and the first trophy didn't come until 2019
Don’t do this. Pep won a major trophy within 40 matches as well at Barca and at Bayern.

we need to be even keeled mate.

RuudTom83

Seen it too many times today, fans and pundits reminding United its only the League Cup.

A large percentage of players go their entire careers without winning anything...the players/staff/club should go nuts for 24 hours, they deserve it!

The entire world is far to miserable these days. If I was EtH I'd be pointing out its his second trophy as United manager, along with the Bangkok Centenary Cup ;)

Loon

:lol:
Only took him 40 games to win a domestic trophy with United.

Can someone remind me how many games it took Pep with Man City and Klopp with Liverpool took to win a 1st trophy?
Let's see if he can surpass Pep's record before we start this. Hell, let's see if he can surpass Mourinho's record.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Seen it too many times today, fans and pundits reminding United its only the League Cup.

A large percentage of players go their entire careers without winning anything...the players/staff/club should go nuts for 24 hours, they deserve it!

The entire world is far to miserable these days. If I was EtH I'd be pointing out its his second trophy as United manager, along with the Bangkok Centenary Cup ;)
Harry Kane or Son would surely appreciate a League Cup win.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
This Piers Morgan fella gets too much attention. Piers Morgan this, Piers Morgan that, all I bloody see nowadays is Piers bleeding Morgan. If I hear the words Piers Morgan once more I’ll spontaneously combust. Piers Morgan.

Rolaholic

Goldbridge already ended that dickhead Piers so not sure why it's being brought up again

stw2022

Literally thousands of people RT'ing, sharing and replying to that dick ironically calling for him to be 'ignored'.

Not sure that's what ignoring is.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Literally thousands of people RT'ing, sharing and replying to that dick ironically calling for him to be 'ignored'.

Not sure that's what ignoring is.
The best thing anybody could do is unfollow him.

I used to follow him to laugh at him, but I realised that only strokes his ego more.

Chop his following by several million and he'd soon get a reality check.