g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
From what I can gleam from the article.

- Closer to the tunnel.
- Is in the half of the pitch where the subs warm up.
- Closer to the stretty.
- Matches the halves of the pitch the home and away teams warm up in.

There may be more to it than those as well but they are stated in the article.
Correct me if am wrong but is that even an advantage ? Just trying to understand how would these things help us. Genuine question.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Correct me if am wrong but is that even an advantage ? Just trying to understand how would these things help us. Genuine question.
ETH has calculated that it takes 134 steps from the changing room to the dugout, this is reduced to 118 now. Players now save 0.24 energy per second

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
What do you want him to say? Yeah there you go Ronaldo free transfer pal?
Yeah, we get his astronimcal wages off the books and he can go wherever he wants. I mean nobody is going to pay a fee for him it seems So what does it matter?

Sviken

Yeah, we get his astronimcal wages off the books and he can go wherever he wants. I mean nobody is going to pay a fee for him it seems So what does it matter?
And then we need to replace him with someone else... which will cost us both transfer money and wages. What reason do we have to do that? Either a club pays up for Ronaldo or no deal. Are we the biggest shcmucks in the business or what?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
This is the level of detail that gets me rather moist.

LVG came in and revamped the training pitches to match OT and had trees planted to block wind etc, little meticulous details that make a small difference that builds to bigger things.

The fact that EtH is this finite about the small things bodes well for me.

OpenIntrovert

Keep the Ronaldo stuff in the multiple Ronaldo threads dedicated to bashing him. Lets focus on ETH here.

OpenIntrovert

Attention to detail.. something we’ve badly missed since Fergie retired
Fergie wasnt that meticulous. He used to leave coaching and training under coaches like brian kidd, mcclaren, smith and queiroz. His forte was man management and tactics.

Red For Ever

From what I can gleam from the article.

- Closer to the tunnel.
- Is in the half of the pitch where the subs warm up.
- Closer to the stretty.
- Matches the halves of the pitch the home and away teams warm up in.

There may be more to it than those as well but they are stated in the article.

If that's the case, can't help wondering why it was not done before

OpenIntrovert

If that's the case, can't help wondering why it was not done before
Depends on how the manager sees the impact. ETH is probably looking at efficiency in the full matchday procedure where he wants the subs to have more time in their warm up process. There is also a psychological advantage by getting the subs to be near the home crowd.

As for the other managers, they felt that the preparation work in training and motivating the players for the game would be sufficient. The warm up process would not have differed much in their point of view.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Attention to detail.. something we’ve badly missed since Fergie retired
Don’t get me wrong his attention to detail is probably one of the best… but don’t you think sometimes you can overthink it? Like how does swapping dug outs effect the way we perform or improve us?

Cypriot

I thought they were on the new side anyway? I remember the railing starting on the end guys right as you face the pitch from the south stand. I could have that wrong though.
Not 100% sure to be honest mate, I just remember always seeing them directly behind Fergie when watching Match of the Day.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Don’t get me wrong his attention to detail is probably one of the best… but don’t you think sometimes you can overthink it? Like how does swapping dug outs effect the way we perform or improve us?
Yes I do. It’s about control, something ETH predecessors lacked over the squad.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
This was apparently decided before we appointed ETH. He just signed off on it.

OrcaFat

Fergie wasnt that meticulous. He used to leave coaching and training under coaches like brian kidd, mcclaren, smith and queiroz. His forte was man management and tactics.
Not even tactics. More like overall strategy.

Buzzbee

imo the vast majority of managers would never try and do something like swap dugouts before their first season. They'd be worried about giving the "right look" as a new manager, no big changes etc. ETH's come in and made logical decisions and is getting s**t done, which bodes well for me

Olecurls99

Sensitive? He was shite, the only sensitive ones are those still suggesting he wasn’t.

I’m just elated we finally put a stop the most ridiculous experiment in football where a side thought a bloke managing in Norway and not pulling up trees there would be able to challenge Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp.
So we moved on to a bloke not pulling up trees in Holland. Hurray

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
One thing has puzzled me for years about modern football and its this: why do the managers/assistants medical people etc. seem to sit on what look to me like car seats? Does anyone know?

I once did a tour of the stadium and had a good look, they really are seats normally found in cars!

On the tour it was explained that most clubs do play little games to gain an advantage with the whole home/away facilities. Smaller more cramped for the visitors, no heating, cold showers - that sort of thing.

Oh, I think I have realised myself my answer to my previous question: they are car seats, heated ones, to keep the muscles warm for the subs would be advantageous.
No idea but my brain has decided it's because they're sponsored by Audi. Not sure that's the real reason :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ole fans. Jose fans. Ronaldo fans. A triple alliance who will set aside their differences to celebrate ETH’s first defeat :(
Don't you worry. Martial FC, Racing Club Maguire and Rashford Athletic will celebrate his first win like nobody's business.

Amarsdd

Ole fans. Jose fans. Ronaldo fans. A triple alliance who will set aside their differences to celebrate ETH’s first defeat :(
Usually those who like to group fans like that will be the ones to first start celebrating ETH's defeats, calling the others ETH fans ..

Zippycup

Sensitive? He was shite, the only sensitive ones are those still suggesting he wasn’t.

I’m just elated we finally put a stop the most ridiculous experiment in football where a side thought a bloke managing in Norway and not pulling up trees there would be able to challenge Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp.
Yet his winning % is only slightly lower that SAF and Mourinho.

I don't belive Ole was the right man for the job but let's not rewrite history.
The problem has never been the manager. It's always been those above him.