Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

L1nk

I think what we are seeing is ETH adapting to the players he currently has and adapting well to other managers and their game plan. I wouldn't say he's pragmatic in the sense of that's his go to style of play. Clearly he loves possesion as his go to. But I think he's quickly found out that when push comes to shove and it's not preseason, we don't have the players to really play that way yet, we need a new keeper, a new midfielder and such for that. However it's also showing that whilst possession is his game he is not afraid to make big calls and switch it up if he thinks it will win us the match, which is great.

NewYorkRed

Never doubted the manager.
The two losses were entirely the fault of the Glazers penny pinching and having to play their walking advert Ronaldo.
Hate to stop your hate parade but Ronaldo barely played the first game mate. And Ronaldo didn't gift the opening two goals to Brentford either. That was (my beloved) DDG.

GapMinder

He must be happy as feck with the result! And the effort and mentality! But the type of football? 29% possession. A bit curious how he sees us move on from here.
In the post match interview he said that the attitude to give it all shouldn't be just there when the opponent has possession, but also when they themselves have possession. I'm quite sure he said the same at half time to the team. That's why they played better at the start of the second half compared to the final pay of the first half. And that's why they scored the second goal. The team has experienced now what the difference is to play with zeal or not. Now they need to learn to apply that to every aspect of their game for a full match.

That we didn't see that against Liverpool is no reason we're not going to see it changing. That would be like arguing that we wouldn't see a good attitude against Liverpool because we didn't see it in the two starting matches.

But I agree. It needs serious work. Glad to see that Ten Hag fully agrees as well.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Hate to stop your hate parade but Ronaldo barely played the first game mate. And Ronaldo didn't gift the opening two goals to Brentford either. That was (my beloved) DDG.
Yes exactly.
This ridiculous blame culture against Ronaldo is just plain wrong.
Who was it who was our top scorer last season.
If EtH really didn't want Ronaldo in his squad, you can be very sure that he would have let him go.

But he hasn't and he will utilise Ronaldo as and when his tactics dictate.
We are hardly awash with goal scorers.

Idxomer

Except no one except City really goes out and just dominates the ball against Liverpool. And we sure as feck aren't going to be able to do it with that XI we put out. This is where you need different personnel
Yeah, it's never gonna happen with De Gea and that midfield.

Suv666

Reckon there might be some truth to the rumour going around that the squad disliked Maguire as a captain and players being annoyed by Ronaldo. Not a coincidence that the everyone turned up for the game when both were dropped.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
As well as the ‘long ball De Gea’ I mentioned above we probably also sat a bit deep because we don’t yet have the belief to take the game to the opposition and keep on top of them for 90 minutes. Hopefully that will come with time.
That, and it also takes time to coach existing automatism and other reflexes out of players. I can't remember the details, but it supposedly takes a good number of months before people have really 'unlearned' their old ones and have fully internalized the new ones. (Which is e.g. part of the reason why it took a while before the full awfulness of Moyes's approach was clear during his United spell.)
First half hour was how his Ajax side played against top teams in UCL too. Calling it "Oleball" is :lol:

Ball possession is always an overrated stat. The important bit is how the team wins the ball and how they transition.
yeah I’m struggling to understand why people think he “gave up his philosophy”
Plus Ten Hag isn't a possession coach. People seem to equate him with Guardiola too much, but Ten Hag generally tends to be a lot more direct in his approach - provided the circumstances (his players, the opposition's approach and quality) allow for it.
Typical TalkSport.

"I think Hitler is a better left winger than Rashford. If you disagree please call into the show so I can shout at you, only £5 per minute."
Wasn't Hitler more of a right-winger? badum-tish

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Reckon there might be some truth to the rumour going around that the squad disliked Maguire as a captain and players being annoyed by Ronaldo. Not a coincidence that the everyone turned up for the game when both were dropped.
See. This is a sign of weak mentality spread in our squad. Players dislike each other were common even under the iron hand SAF. But mentally strong players won't let this affecting their on-field performance. And definitely not for the WHOLE season.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
In the second game? Sure. So was ferking everyone else. Whats your point? You’re just saying crap because you don’t like the man. And thats fine.
nah.
I have nothing against Ronaldo. He is just a business.
It is the Glazers who got the business instead of players the manager needed.
So try and understand instead of posting nonsense.

LordSpud

Amazing if true. Judging by the complete u-turn in efforts and workrate last night I would say there is a good chance it is indeed true!

Greck

Way to much talk about some radio nobody. I think most people are here precisely to avoid that level of sports talk. ETH already threatening the "united are shite" cashcow that has made them a lot of money in the last couple years. God forbid they might actually have to say something nice for once

NewYorkRed

nah.
I have nothing against Ronaldo. He is just a business.
It is the Glazers who got the business instead of players the manager needed.
So try and understand instead of posting nonsense.
I am anti-glazers too. And I actually am fine with Ronaldo being dropped, especially in the big games when we need legs.

But you are the one posting nonsense. Go read the initial post I replied to- was absolute bullsh*t.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So media knew that ETH had joined with the team for the run but waited a week to mention that