Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 589 54.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 486 45.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

NoPace

And plan B is exactly what City don't have!
They do have a couple of Plan Bs, moving Rico Lewis into midfield is the main one, but Pep was probably worried about Rashford/Garnacho against anyone but Walker.

The obvious plan B is to just be willing to take off Haaland and play Alvarez as the sort of 9 the City midfield prefers, but Pep seems unwilling to do that. Should come to a head in the Champions League at some point.

De_BoerAjax

Supports
Ajax
Talksport is the worst of all. fecking Jermaine pennant had a rant for no reason and wanted city to beat united again by 5-6 goals because he said he couldn’t stand everyone talking about united like they are back again. He said “I can’t wait for city to smash united again to bring them back to the ground”. That’s how much bitter everyone is right now.

On a side note, one of the comments on the video was
It's weird that talkSport employs so many real life criminals as pundits. It's even stranger that they choose to hire the dumbest criminals as pundits. I'm discounting Souness who is just so dumb that it is criminal”

:lol::lol:
:lol::lol: Absolutely brilliant.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Talksport is the worst of all. fecking Jermaine pennant had a rant for no reason and wanted city to beat united again by 5-6 goals because he said he couldn’t stand everyone talking about united like they are back again. He said “I can’t wait for city to smash united again to bring them back to the ground”. That’s how much bitter everyone is right now.

On a side note, one of the comments on the video was
It's weird that talkSport employs so many real life criminals as pundits. It's even stranger that they choose to hire the dumbest criminals as pundits. I'm discounting Souness who is just so dumb that it is criminal”

:lol::lol:
:lol: :lol: He just can’t stand the fact we’re doing so well and his crappy former team liverpool are mid table. I love the bitterness. You know we’re doing well when people keep wanting us to get beat, they know we’re a threat now and there scared and I love it :lol:

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
And yet, some are not really realising what he‘s building. And worse, has achieved this season. If anyone told you we will be one point behind City, find some serious form and play good football, we would not have believed it. At the beginning of the season, most said they‘re happy to make top 4 and play some good football here and there. But we‘re already so much better than that

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Being a Red residing in Amsterdam I already was convinced when he was appointed manager of his qualities and that he’d be an outstanding succes given time, our best manager since Fergie. However, he’s actually done better than I thought. I made the same mistake everyone does, whether an Ajax fan or Go-Ahead fan or whatever, by actually underestimating him. I obviously didn’t know he had Casemiro lined up when he started the job, but still, he’s exceeding even my wildest expectations and it’s exactly what he’s done at his previous clubs he managed.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
I really enjoyed United being a meme club since SAF left. However when this guy walked through the door I clung onto him and wanted him to succeed. He was different to the other managers he had an aura around him with arrogance and self confidence but in a way which makes you respect him.

I'm happy to see him doing really well now because it's deserved.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
His ability to get the best out of almost every player, and manage the time of those that in the past have struggled with injuries, has been bloody brilliant. When people point to other teams having injuries being why we're in the position we are now I often think "how many of those injuries are the manager's fault?"

LordSpud

Not sure we are quite ready for the League yet but imagine he somehow gets us to the League and FA cup and in one season has amassed half of the trophy haul that Klopp has achieved in 7 years with the "greatest team in history"

Flexdegea

Oh I've been aboard since his appointment. He's the one I wanted, so I fully expected the club to feck it up!

Yeah I'm still shocked they acted competent at the time and got the most progressive coach with a bit of X factor who was on the upward curve and has not bad spots so far in management, instead of what we thought and going for Poch etc.

was fearful we would have got Poch. Just knew it be same oul situation 2/3 years having to get another manager.

It has went so much better than we could have guessed looking at the squad and after them first 2 league defeats. He has done a hell of a job with all the crap he has had to deal with in-between games.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Beaten City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs and we’re not even halfway through the season yet. Our record in the big games has improved massively.

captaincantona

One very noticeable improvement is our playing out from the back
Huge improvement. We are pragmatic. Play when we can and clear when we need to. Big credit tour midfield for finally giving the back line options and major credit yesterday to Malacia in particular. Not one bit phased and so confident in his own ability to retain possession under serious pressure at times. The kid has adapted in no time and a performance like that in the derby is something to be proud of

cyberman

Beaten City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs and we’re not even halfway through the season yet. Our record in the big games has improved massively.
It mightn’t seem true but we had a great record in big games not against City and Liverpool last season

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Surely we have the worst socioal media team in world football. Criminal with the click bait shit. Even worse than putting out our starting lineup numerical.
Yeah, it's awful. Everything just links to the website. It's like they have no concept that easily clickable/shareable media is what people want on Twitter. Nobody wants to click an embedded video and have it open to a separate website. Especially when the website doesn't even open on the original video. If you're going to do clickbait headlines then keep it all contained within the one Tweet. A 5 second gif of EtH celebrating is all that was needed here.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Being a Red residing in Amsterdam I already was convinced when he was appointed manager of his qualities and that he’d be an outstanding succes given time, our best manager since Fergie. However, he’s actually done better than I thought. I made the same mistake everyone does, whether an Ajax fan or Go-Ahead fan or whatever, by actually underestimating him. I obviously didn’t know he had Casemiro lined up when he started the job, but still, he’s exceeding even my wildest expectations and it’s exactly what he’s done at his previous clubs he managed.
I am just so glad we didn't go with the pundits/players favourite Poch. There seemed to a big push from these sorts like Gary Neville to get Poch but credit to the fans who overwhelmingly and loudly pushed for ETH.

Roane

One very noticeable improvement is our playing out from the back
It's glorious isn't it?

At times my heart is in my mouth because of the tight spaces we get the ball out from. It's reminiscent of the Barca front men during the tikki takka phase

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
They do have a couple of Plan Bs, moving Rico Lewis into midfield is the main one, but Pep was probably worried about Rashford/Garnacho against anyone but Walker.

The obvious plan B is to just be willing to take off Haaland and play Alvarez as the sort of 9 the City midfield prefers, but Pep seems unwilling to do that. Should come to a head in the Champions League at some point.
I'd have thought an obvious plan B would be to actually pass the ball to Haaland, he made a lot of good runs yesterday but City chose to pass the ball around, MOTD shold 5-6 exampes where a good pass would have put him in

Roane

I'd have thought an obvious plan B would be to actually pass the ball to Haaland, he made a lot of good runs yesterday but City chose to pass the ball around, MOTD shold 5-6 exampes where a good pass would have put him in
Let me begin by saying Haaland is class.

However I never understood City buying him. Pep just doesn't play like that.

I've said in conversations and on here that Haaland will be city downfall. He is a target man yet city don't play that way.

I compare it to RVN with us and Shearer for Newcastle. Plenty of personal plaudits but maybe not for the team?

The only reason I can see him being useful is the elusive CL.

Greck

Absolutely amazing to be doing all this with both Sancho and Antony out or out of form. Before even dipping into the transfer market there is already so much room for improvement internally. League is in trouble. RIP to the competition if we actually get good owners.

Shiva87

ETH has me dreaming of a title fight in January! The last time I had this feeling, it was on the back of everyone else having poor seasons and somehow United finding themselves on top. It disintegrated quickly from there. Don’t think Ole ever recovered and it looked like we were lucky in a number of the games that we won.

Our record since the WC ended has truly been sensational. I didn’t think this team had it in them to win so many on the bounce, but they have.

I am sure we will have some frustrating results now that everyone is looking at the points gap with Arsenal - but we are 5 points clear in 4th with a game in hand. That is truly remarkable with the squad that performed the way it did last season.

Apart from Casemiro, every player who started yesterday was here last season! It’s not his signings, but his mentality and decision making which is moving us along. Long may it continue.

Here is hoping!

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Simply remarkable turn of events. Imagine some wanted to keep a 38 year old CR7 over this guy. Most of those are probably on some obscure Saudi Arabian message board now. Casemiro has also been a key addition. As others, I doubt it can translate to a title run this season, but the future is bright and he has fully stamped his authority on his squad and removed any distractions. Sunny days ahead.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Wonder what could have happened if he had been backed with proper players instead of Butland and Weghorst. Whatever be the outcome at the end of the season, this man is the first football manager, worthy of managing us, we have had since SAF.

Red-17

Wonder what could have happened if he had been backed with proper players instead of Butland and Weghorst. Whatever be the outcome at the end of the season, this man is the first football manager, worthy of managing us, we have had since SAF.
You mean like Martinez, Casemiro, Eriksen, and Antony? I reckon we could challenge for the top 2-3 in the league with those players.