Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Messi did high press quite a lot in that prime Barca. Imo he gradually stopped doing that only after Pep left. Probably because once Pep left none was bigger than him at the club or no one would dare to tell him to do what he didn't like to. Or to drop him if he didn't listen.

Neymar also did high press, chase back and the donkey works quite a lot at Barca. Back then only Messi was exempted from the dirty jobs. And imo that's probably one of the reasons why Neymar left for PSG.

Imo the recent image of Messi and Neymar makes it's hard for people to believe both could actually run and press. I happened to watch Barca quite a lot back then because La Liga was free in my country around that period.
Yeh. It's kinda hard to imagine that. But you did watch that early Barca a lot. So I stand corrected.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That is correct. With Messi on the team you are pressing with 10 1/2 men.
The fact you includes the keeper pressed more than Messi himself is another proof why Barcelona's tiki taka pressing is reliant more in the middle not high pressing.

Last edited:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Give this guy another 2 MF and 1 ST. He will work miracle next season.

Out Sabizter - In FDJ
Out Weghorst - In Kane
Out McT - In Bellingham
We need one more exchange for that to happen -

Out Glazers - In rich owner

Sir Erik ten Hag

Messi did high press quite a lot in that prime Barca. Imo he gradually stopped doing that only after Pep left. Probably because once Pep left none was bigger than him at the club or no one would dare to tell him to do what he didn't like to. Or to drop him if he didn't listen.

Neymar also did high press, chase back and the donkey works quite a lot at Barca. Back then only Messi was exempted from the dirty jobs. And imo that's probably one of the reasons why Neymar left for PSG.

Imo the recent image of Messi and Neymar makes it's hard for people to believe both could actually run and press. I happened to watch Barca quite a lot back then because La Liga was free in my country around that period.
So Tiki Taka went downhill when all the players did not have an equal team spirit anymore and Messi was beginning to think he was too big for that. Not a coincidence.

Strelok

So Tiki Taka went downhill when all the players did not have an equal team spirit anymore and Messi was beginning to think he was too big for that. Not a coincidence.
Imo there were many factors in that like the decline of Xavi, Puyol etc. If my memory serves me right Messi still did press in important matches after Pep left for a while. But imo it's true that their team spirit was never the same. Maybe their players had won too much. Hard to tell really.

Anyway I stopped watching them after 2015 or 2016 I think because La Liga was no longer free in my country. So I don't really know what happened there afterward.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Good thread about what I think is one of the teams major problem. In summary, we have too many players that are problematic in the build up phase against a pressing team.

NLunited

The fact you includes the keeper pressed more than Messi himself is another proof why Barcelona's tiki taka pressing is reliant more in the middle not high pressing.
Oh for gawd sakes, 9 1/2 men obviously. Just give it up, you are just plain wrong. Barça played one of the highest lines in football.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why keep Rashford on at 2-0? He really can't help himself running players into the ground.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
My first thought as soon as we got the 2nd was hoping Bruno and rashford would be taken off.

Long Time Red

Credit where credit is due, that was an excellent performance.

As good as anything we've seen this season.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
How many players have we lost this season because he doesn't care about saving his best players?

I am sure someone got second yellow card for the same reason, when everyone knew he was takle away from suspension, but can't remember who it was.

Anyway, good game, hopefully he sees that out of form Sancho is ten times player than Weghorst. We might as well play without a striker than play him, not a single chance in the first half happens with Weghorst on the pitch.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Team didn't finish the job in the 1st half, that probably caused few uncalled events in the 2nd.

Other than that, team is slowly returning to it's winning self. Good to see.

Swedish_Plumber

God some are never happy. Injuries happen. Great performance and a manager who knows what he’s doing.

Better be backed in the summer.

Utuhu

I love how quick he reviews his match tactics the next game after any disappointing outing.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Why keep Rashford on at 2-0? He really can't help himself running players into the ground.
Given our dire goal difference , and the fact that Everton were 1 goal from getting back into the game, it is no surprise Rashford was kept on

Irwin99

Home form will see us to top 4, i really don't think there's anything to worry about.

Kag

90 mins late on Sunday, 90 mins on Wednesday night and was heading for 90 mins early on Saturday. Just take him off when 2-0 happened. Poor risk management, if he's out for some weeks we're in trouble in the run-in.
Captain Hindsight rhetoric. Rashford could have done that at any point in any game. It happens.

Some of you weirdos would play players once a month.

Stadjer

90 mins late on Sunday, 90 mins on Wednesday night and was heading for 90 mins early on Saturday. Just take him off when 2-0 happened. Poor risk management, if he's out for some weeks we're in trouble in the run-in.
Something a professional footballer can handle just fine. Im sure the medical team gave the all clear and there were no issues with Rashford his fitness before the game. Injuries just happen.

Abhinav

Imagine complaining about things like not taking Rashford off after that performance. Geniuses here would have our players be paid to sit in the stands in blankets instead of erm.. doing what they are paid to do, playing football matches.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Two good games without Casemiro, we've probably survived the worst and are in good position for top 4. Good job Erik.

I have to admit him moving Bruno a bit deeper has been very good "patch" for the team in Casemiro and Eriksen absence.

Stadjer

Captain Hindsight rhetoric. Rashford could have done that at any point in any game. It happens.

Some of you weirdos would play players once a month.
those weirdos would have taken off Bruno and Rashford after the first goal and lost the game 1-2 in the end

sepulturite

Here come all the bonkers doom mongers laying in to EtH for keeping rashford on. Some of ye really are relentless with your negativity.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I'm not impressed. If he told McTominay to score, played Martial from the beginning and told Martinez to keep targeting Coleman with crosses we would have scored twice in 10 mins so he could take Rashford off.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Rashford is not on him today as he got 2 weeks rest during the international break.

I also feel (without checking, can’t be bothered) that he is getting better with rotation/learning that some rotation is needed in the Premier League especially if we are still in several competitions.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Here come all the bonkers doom mongers laying in to EtH for keeping rashford on. Some of ye really are relentless with your negativity.
This dumb line of thinking is straight out of the 'Boris has done his best' playbook.

I have vehemently defended the guy but he's taken risks a couple of times this season and he's been bitten on the arse - first the Casemiro yellow and now this. He could have got away with it but he didn't, so fair's fair.

Playing 3 games in 6 days after a crazy season is one of the most obvious places to rest someone.

Rustyspider13

It took the Newcastle game for him to figure out the proper way to use Sabitzer-McT-Bruno midfield. But then he figured it out quite impressively. He has yet another challenge now wit Rashford's injury but I have faith that he'll find a way again.