Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 460 49.5%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 470 50.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

NLunited

With a proper striker, we can do better by 10 more points but that's it. To go from 85 to 90+ , we would need some luck, consistency, depth and investment .
City had 89. League is getting stronger, 85 points may do it next season.

Andy_Cole

Very happy for him and buzzing he’s our manager. I was critical of our horror 2 months. Probably PTSD of us downing tools and being on a downward trend with prior managers after a slump. I think he’s the real deal baby.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
City had 89. League is getting stronger, 85 points may do it next season.
The only season City didn't win the title in the last few years, Liverpool had to win 26 games and draw 1 game in 27 games. :D. Nothing is getting easier. Or rather even if the league becomes harder it gets harder for everyone not city alone.

Pep when it comes to consistency in the league is a master to it. Whoever finishes above city wins it, either you hope for absolute perfect season, Liverpool style in 2020 or City have an off season like Pep first year at city.

ETH has to conjure something to achieve 90 points. How, we don't know but that's the basic level to win the league with Pep around.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
A+ manager to achieve what he has with this squad, the Ronaldo drama & the protracted club sale.

Even if we get hammered by City, ETH still the best man for the job imo

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Overall after last season and the torrid start, it’s ended decently. We need to improve our away form next season. It’s shambolic

Abhinav

Full quote

Its concerning that EtH has pointed this out multiple times the past few press conferences. It feels he has not been given or is not satisfied with the assurances of investment in the summer.
Hope we can sort out the ownership issue soon. Would hate if we sabotage a highly talented manager’s career at United by not backing him.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Great first season. Did what was expected. Top 4 and a trophy. Now time to build on it. Some quality signings to make us compete in the prem and in Europe.

RedStarUnited

Its concerning that EtH has pointed this out multiple times the past few press conferences. It feels he has not been given or is not satisfied with the assurances of investment in the summer.
Hope we can sort out the ownership issue soon. Would hate if we sabotage a highly talented manager’s career at United by not backing him.
Who is he realistically going to get assurances from? The Glazers either dont care or too busy tryna sell the club.

We are in a terrible position to push on from. We can only hope our perspective buyers are moving the right pieces in the background to make transfers happen quick. Potential Presidents of Barca and Madrid are usualy working on transfers before they are confirmed, lets hope The Sheikh or Sir Jim are doing the same. I doubt it though.

The United

I think he experimented something with the line-up today for the final. I would like Cas and Fred to start matching the city's intensity. Hopefully, he and the players will have one of those games.

Manncunian

Great first season. Did what was expected. Top 4 and a trophy. Now time to build on it. Some quality signings to make us compete in the prem and in Europe.
I don’t know any fan personally who expected third or higher, and one trophy along with the potential of another in the FA Cup Final.

People have short term memories. Last season was a disaster of epic proportions and expectations were not that high for this season at the start.

Abhinav

Who is he realistically going to get assurances from? The Glazers either dont care or too busy tryna sell the club.

We are in a terrible position to push on from. We can only hope our perspective buyers are moving the right pieces in the background to make transfers happen quick. Potential Presidents of Barca and Madrid are usualy working on transfers before they are confirmed, lets hope The Sheikh or Sir Jim are doing the same. I doubt it though.
Richard Arnold for one. I am hoping our CEO has a plan in place to secure the funding and can get the Glazers to sign off on it, irrespective of the status of the ownership.
That is ofcourse wishful given what we have seen with the Glazers.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I'm concerned that If we don't back him sufficient over the next couple of transfer windows he might walk :(

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
So proud of the team and ETH. I remember reading the predictions by pundits on bbc, only 3 out of 23 had us in top 4 (https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62354857.amp)

This has been some achievement. Hope he gets to bring his players next season and we see and improvement from this season
3 out of 23 predictions putting us in the top 4 at the start of the season is the only argument you need against anyone saying this has been anything less than a very good season. Yes, we all know TV pundits know little compared to the average person on this forum but still, it shows what level we've come from.

AshRK

The fact that we have finished 3rd with 75 points after playing the most games with crap number 9s and with some unfortunate injuries and suspensions, have to admit ETH has done a remarkable job

pascell

Strangw commwnt about our need to buy players. As if he needs to put pressure on the board
How is it strange? He's an ambitious manager and knows a good 40% of our squad is shit.

We also have a tendency to underspend under the Glazers when we qualify for the CL, good on Erik for turning up the heat on them.

I do fear that if the sale of the club hasn't gone through and we don't spend enough to help him out, he'll have his head turned by Real next summer when they replace Ancelotti.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Remember 10 games ago people were disingenuously comlaring points total to last season?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Strangw commwnt about our need to buy players. As if he needs to put pressure on the board
Not strange at all. Last thing he wants is a repeat of last summer, where early defeats force the board's hand at the end of the window.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He did his job very good. Top 4 and one (maybe two) trophy. Also solid performances in most if season which give us optimism for next season.

Only question mark which i have regarding him are some of his in-game and pre-game decisions. Two were very costly for us; subs in Sevilla game at home and tactical decisions in Liverpool away game. BUT managers (same as players) can have a bad day i guess.

Anyway, i hope that we will buy few proven quality players this summer and finally (at least) challenge for title. With Erik future is bright.

Eddy_JukeZ

Good 1st season. Handled the Ronaldo situation brilliantly. Some of the football we played at times was very good. Outplayed Barcelona in both legs which was nice. Lots of poor away performances that must be rectified next season. I hope we show more control/possession nous in our games next season, but some promising signs.

A win vs City would be so sweet.

And we need to nail maybe every single summer signing to take another leap towards a title challenge.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
He needs the money in the summer to bring in the players he needs. Hopefully we have;

1) The funding.
2) The right targets.

He's the coach. It isn't his job to be the director of football or chief scout. Back the feck out of this guy because he could become something special.

I'm genuinely buzzing right now. He isn't a flash in the pan, a one hit wonder. He is the kind of manager we need to develop and cultivate a winning mentality back into this club. I just hope we don't feck him over.

Tarrou

I think this is the first time since SAF I'm completely sure about our manager going into the summer

Ole did some good things doing but we always knew he was never gonna be elite

never really felt Jose or LVG were going anywhere meaningful, and with Moyes well, enough said...

Exciting times!!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Glazers have no reason to invest any money right now. And if the club selling process extends beyond transfer window then we're fecked unless if theyre being pressured to do so.

city-puma

The fact that we have finished 3rd with 75 points after playing the most games with crap number 9s and with some unfortunate injuries and suspensions, have to admit ETH has done a remarkable job
Agree. The most important part is that we recovered sufficiently at the critical period (end of season) after huge performance drops since Barca games.
We also saw how we would want to play in so many games. Just need to get in several reinforcements matching our play style.

Irwin99

He's said that a few times in the past week, maybe he is putting pressure on the board.

I don't think we're at the "it's my best career achievement finishing third with this team" stage yet but he'd be entitled to be pretty pissed off if he doesn't get the right backing. Let's hope he does.

city-puma

He's said that a few times in the past week, maybe he is putting pressure on the board.

I don't think we're at the "it's my best career achievement finishing third with this team" stage yet but he'd be entitled to be pretty pissed off if he doesn't get the right backing. Let's hope he does.
I can imagine he feels frustrated when seeing many clubs adding players with quality and numbers. Our squad depth was not good from the beginning and was depleted by the game schedule. I hope after FA cup final, Glazers announce their departure!

AshRK

I fear he may walk out if not backed.

TsuWave

The guy has just recently said he's comfortable and feels good at the club, and that United's the club for him. His comments are likely to put pressure, but there's no indication that he'll walk out if not backed.

Has a manager ever done that? At United? Come on

Lost bear

A genuinely disturbing thought, that. And I think you might be right- he strikes me as the type of man who would not respond well to betrayal. And effectively, failure to back him after his achievements in this first season would be a betrayal. I hope they’re listening.