Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 303 41.1%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 434 58.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Jev

The people who still firmly believe: What are the qualities you're seeing in him that gives you confidence based on his time here?

PoTMS

Awful coach. He's wasted £400m and arguably taken us backwards. I don't see anything good or redeeming about him as a manager.

Dr. T

The saddest thing is that, as soon as the penalty was given, tools were downed. Again. Where is the belief or fight in this team that they can keep going? 2 goals in 30 mins isn't mount everest even against the best teams. But this team just sort of dies whenever there's a second half setback.

It's so disappointing. I mean Bayern are fighting so much harder than us, there's 10 mins plus stoppage time left and apart from their fast runners slicing through our non-existent midfield since they went ahead, they're not exactly Brazil 1970.

There is zero belief or zero plan.

Robbie Boy

The people who still firmly believe: What are the qualities you're seeing in him that gives you confidence based on his time here?
Doubt there's many that 'firmly believe' considering we're in a run of 4 defeats in 6.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Time and again last season we had teams just blitzing through the middle of our midfield. This season has been no difference.

I was a big fan of Mount joining in the summer but I really thought we were going to first and foremost bring someone in who could stop that shit from happening.

I still maintain that Ten Hag is a top manager. But he should be as far away from our transfer dealings as possible. The fact that he is should be a damning indictment of our club Directors.

Shark

@NotShark
His home record last season, finishing 3rd and winning a trophy. This season so far as been a total disaster and there's no excuse but let's not act like there are no positive qualities last season.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I don't "firmly believe" but I don't think he should be sacked while the Glazers are still here, because it'll just lead to another "rebuild" where a new manager comes in, is given carte blanche to sign whoever he wants, and wastes a ton of money buying deadwood without improving the team.

Would much rather prefer to wait until the new owners come in and change the structure before making a decision on the manager.

baskinginthesun

Not sure if these performances are due to the lack of a first team squad or It's Ten Hag? It si quite annoying starting a game, watching the first 20 mins and thinking we look good but for the next 70 mins getting utterly outplayed.

Woodenlung

At the first sign of a struggle our fans are ready to throw in the towel and demand a managerial change.

The Glazers absolutely love you.

Dan_F

I still think he’s the man for the job but his substitutions or lack of are becoming a real problem.
What do you want him to do? Bayern are bringing on Muller, Coman etc. we have a bunch of kids and McTominay.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
If he can’t see what the issues are and every fecking supporter can then he’s absolutely hopeless

Jev

His home record last season, finishing 3rd and winning a trophy. This season so far as been a total disaster and there's no excuse but let's not act like there are no positive qualities last season.
But did you think our football last season was promising bar two months from October until the World Cup?

gaffs

Time and again last season we had teams just blitzing through the middle of our midfield. This season has been no difference.

I was a big fan of Mount joining in the summer but I really thought we were going to first and foremost bring someone in who could stop that shit from happening.

I still maintain that Ten Hag is a top manager. But he should be as far away from our transfer dealings as possible. The fact that he is should be a damning indictment of our club Directors.
We dont know what Ten Hag was given in terms of transfer authority.

We dont know if he is signing his own players because he is not being offered anything better, or because he is insisting on bringing in his guys. Or because he has been given carte blanch to pick his targets.

redcucumber

In an ideal world yeh, but all reports pointed towards us having a limited budget. As our only big money midfield signing it didn't make much sense on paper.

Skills

Snitch
At the first sign of a struggle our fans are ready to throw in the towel and demand a managerial change.

The Glazers absolutely love you.
Im sure the Glazers love paying £10s of millions in compensation for sacking a manager, and also writing off the 100s of millions into his whims.

Thom Merrilin

I wouldn't say I firmly believe but I'm still supporting him for now.

Last season, the quality of our play was vastly improved, night and day from Ole's last season and Ragnick. We also won a cup.

This summer, identified key areas we desperately needed improving in gk, striker, and midfield. I personally don't blame or praise EtH for individual transfers but rather the profile of player targeted which I think was correct.

This season, we've been crippled with injuries but even so we've seen glimpses of progression from last season. We've been starting games very well before individual errors inevitably cost us.

All that said if results continue to be this bad I can see the Glazers giving him the boot.

Edit: I also like his authoritarian approach to dealing with Ronaldo, Garnacho, Rashford, and Sancho.

hobbers

Rashford and Casemiro will be the latest ones to get a manager the sack.

Actually this will be Rashford's third managerial casualty.

DownRiver

It’s infuriating watching the team.

- Technical ability is dire
- Mentality is awful
- Lack of courage

Shark

@NotShark
But did you think our football last season was promising bar two months from October until the World Cup?
No, but the season as a whole was promising if he got the summer window right. It's been an utter disaster though. Rather that's fully down to the manager as always is massively debatable. The owners and board continue to be absolutely shambolic in the running of the club..

ShinjiNinja26

What do you want him to do? Bayern are bringing on Muller, Coman etc. we have a bunch of kids and McTominay.
McTominay? Hannibal? both are better options than Eriksen for the simple fact they can actually run. He was finished out there and was getting jogged past with ease. This isn’t exclusive to this game either, he waits too long to change things far too often and has to improve in that area imo.

binary bot
I reckon we get De Zerbi in. Let him spend 200m on Solly March and Mitoma on deadline day. Hold out for 15m for McTominay after West Ham bid 8m. Send Maguire on a fully wage covered loan to Forest. Reinvigorate Martial and Sancho for three games and reward them with new long term contracts. Sign Luka Modric on a 4 year contract. Get Ashley Young back on a free for depth. After 10 months or so, realise De Zerbi is shit. Fail to spot a pattern and look forward to him getting sacked.

I'm not even sure if Ten Hag is any good, but I'm completely apathetic whether he is or not. I've zero enthusiasm for any changes at the club until there's a change of ownership or the Glazers basically hand all running over to someone competent.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Fear for his job. Can't keep conceding multiple times a match and survive.

BrayRed

This thread is funny at times. Lads actually believe he'll get sacked. Give your heads a wobble.

We're down to the bare bones at the moment. The manager isn't the problem