g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

garelo

Ole trusted scouts. Didn't work
I'd say our scouts are substandard, didnt we just sack the head of global scout who was employed by LvG? its bizzare that we kept Marcel Bout for far too long considering how many flops we signed during LvG era. If ETH were serious, then he needs to revamp the scouting system first i know we have too many of them, many simmered it down will be a good start, its all about quality instead of quantity anyway. I remember SAF first few years his main task was not to kick the drunken boys out of club but to modernized our scouting system.

norm87cro

People are watching the games and seeing problems that are there but also problems that aren’t there.

EtH gets pressed on what is going wrong but it’s not really that complicated. We have a new system and new players and have had three major off-field issues and about five important injuries.

The players that we’ve been able to field aren’t getting it right (yet). But if you listen to EtH and just think about it logically, it’s not a surprise to him and it shouldn’t be a surprise to us. So he doesn’t know why players aren’t getting it right (he says he can’t conclude if the players don’t recognise when they need to run or lack the willingness to run) but, like he says, that is part of the process to find this out and fix it. As he says, Progress is not a linear upward curve. There had to be downs along the way but you can’t bin your plans when you hit these bumps.

We need results, yes, but we’ve got to get them whilst continuing to drill the system and all its rules. If he abandons that he will confuse the players and probably lose anyway. The old way leads to top 4 finishes most years with the odd 5th or 6th. We can do that indefinitely with a low or mid block and a couple of productive forwards. If we ever want to challenge the top we have to change. It’s not easy but it has to be done. It would be naive to think otherwise, if I may say.
There is nothing confusing about beating Burnley. They just have to do it and ETH needs to understand that otherwise he will have time to implement f... all.
Everything else you said has a certain degree of merit as did mine.

Last edited:

fezzerUTD

Do you? With Antony out it would be good to have Sancho available, no?
Whats that got to do with anything? You think we are just going to let players off the hook because someone else is injured? That’s not how it should and does work, that is why we are in such a terrible state. Little sh!ts running the club with their little minion twitter subscribers idolising every move they make. They think they can do what they please and get away with it. It needs to stop.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Can't see him turning this round, especially not in time. The losing streak will end but nothing seems like this team is capable of challenging anytime soon, he'll be rightly sacked for it.

Doesn't look like the players are fighting for him either.

Thom Merrilin

Maybe because like with most players who join United, they don’t realise what an amateur hour show the club is until they have joined, at which stage they’ve signed all sorts of non disclosures where they have to act Like whoever’s fault it is for failure, it’s certainly not the setup of the club.
We've seen almost every manager since Fergie have a go at the club while still in charge. It's such a victim mentality to walk away from the best job of your 20 year career so far because everything isn't how you'd like it.

Thom Merrilin

Several reasons. Ownership instability the first one.

Not able to sell players who are not needed (Maguire and McTominay, Van de Beek, Martial), and consequently not getting upgrades in.

The biggest reason for me, would be seeing players not carry out instructions during games, repeatedly.

Then there are the players that kick up a fuss: Jadon Sancho who was supported and helped through a difficult time by Ten Hag last season. He is the one that we know about.

That‘s not a normal amount of difficulties to deal with. Let‘s not talk about injuries (Hag calls them excuses).

The whole team seems fragile. We made great progress last year in improving fight and spirit, and we are back where we started last year. We are supposed to solve our inconsistencies from last season, like the bad away form, and get more resilient.

All in all Ten Hag is trying to lead by example, and I hope the miserable fecks catch on, otherwise it will go to shit.
Yeah of course Ten Hag is trying to lead by example, that's what good managers do at every level of life. How would walking away from an unfinished job be leading by example? It'd be doing the same thing our players have done for over a decade.

fallengt

Manager trusts scouts , doesn’t work out, it’s managers fault.
If you ignore their price tag, which one doesn't work out?
They're far from terrible compare to big signings of previous manager. Sancho, Maguire, Sanchez, to name a few... whom are not worth it at any price tag

Fans demanded quick success, also club's known for making terrible signings on it own then what is the next logical option ? That's right, he would rather trust his scouting network than trusting the club.
Secondly, with current Manchester United transfer strategy, it requires every signing to meet 80% expectation for it to works, it's unrealistic expectation at any club. The situation is fecked up no matter who you side with but trying to put all the blame on manager is dishonest and is the exact reason why United is where it currently is.
If ETH were serious, then he needs to revamp the scouting system first i know we have too many of them, many simmered it down will be a good start, its all about quality instead of quantity anyway
That would assume he'd get 3 years minimum regardless of result. Aka Arteta
We're into 2nd second, see how this place has become

Last edited:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'd get rid of every single player in the squad before I got rid of ten Hag. This guy is going to end up making a lot of people look like nob heads.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Our strategy is hoping the next manager will be a Ferguson or Busby regen who will single-handedly manage every aspect of the club and deliver long-term success.

We have won the league under three(?) managers in our history.

We desperately need a structure like the other top clubs before we will be successful again. Unfortunately that requires (a) money and (b) owners who know and care about what they are doing.

NLunited

Whats that got to do with anything? You think we are just going to let players off the hook because someone else is injured? That’s not how it should and does work, that is why we are in such a terrible state. Little sh!ts running the club with their little minion twitter subscribers idolising every move they make. They think they can do what they please and get away with it. It needs to stop.
Exactly. That‘s why I mentioned Sancho as an example of Ten Hag being strict. Even though Antony is out.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I still have every faith in this manager. He just needs to keep the squad happy and motivated and our best football will come. None of this drama in front of the media. The less distractions the better. He also has to learn to make subs before the 60th minute mark if it’s required. Every time Garnacho comes on he looks like he’ll cause the opposition trouble, but if he’s not brought on earlier enough then he has less time to have an impact.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
People still thinking spoofer Rangnick should be afforded a key role is quite upsetting.

Same people who wanted Moysie to have more time?

OrcaFat

There is nothing confusing about beating Burnley. They just have to do it and ETH needs to understand that otherwise he will have time to implement f... all.
Everything else you said has a certain degree of merit as did mine.
Yeah, I just don’t think we should change. And, unless you have a lot more confidence than me, I’m sure you agree that getting beat away to Burnley is not an impossibility no matter what our plan is.

FriedClams

how am I supposed to keep faith, when he witnesses what mctominay did v Bayern, then starts him the next game?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Who knew that lack of rotation during last season wouldn't come back to bite us in the arse

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Do you? With Antony out it would be good to have Sancho available, no?
Good to have a player that does not work hard, press and track back? That does not beat his man, hardly scores or creates?

caid

People still thinking spoofer Rangnick should be afforded a key role is quite upsetting.

Same people who wanted Moysie to have more time?
He's gone and im fine with that. The reaction to him was wretched and is a massive black mark against anyone who was present at the time though. There's exceptions - Matic for instance seemed to remain professional throughout that season. I just wouldn't have a seconds time for most of them. You cant down tools for 2 managers in the same season and be doing the same for their replacement a year in, its not a manager problem at that point.
Rangnick said what was obvious and what everyone could see, he didn't pussyfoot around the media and bend over backwards to defend people like Solskjaer. The behaviour of a lot of the squad was pretty shit for both. They really didn't earn Solskjaer's loyalty and trust and they deserved most of Rangnick's criticism. It was and is a player problem.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I back the guy but he's playing with fire.

Pellistri and Garnacho on the bench, Scottish Maguire playing after the debacle on Wednesday and Evans in defence is a getting into OGS levels of idiocy.

Even if we win, it doesn't make me confident for the future.

Jev

Giving Pellistri one start against one of the best teams in the world before benching for the guy that came on and walked around off the bench in that same game is certainly one way of man management.
He had to give him a game, it would look weird not to. Now he has the excuse he's always looking for not to play him.