Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Two chances for Holland, the goal and the free kick I guess. Not enough against the bottom placed team with an injury crisis of their own
We've had 6 shots. An xg of around 0.5. Pathetic for the opposition and where we think we should be.

Amira

3 games into the season our terrible performances were being pointed out. This is who we’ve been all season.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
3 games into the season our terrible performances were being pointed out. This is who we’ve been all season.
Last season Rashfords goals papered over a lot of the cracks. Without those moments of magic we are struggling.

Malone_Post

We’ve been awful since the start of pre-season (and beyond that) but anyone who pointed that out was shouted down as being a drama queen and dismissed because ‘pre-season doesn’t matter’

mu4c_20le

This forum is insufferable lately.

We created very good chances and defended well. Unlucky to concede a penalty.
kinell, are being managed by a kid from make a wish? We look second best to one of the worst sides in the league

Blood Mage

No idea what he's trying to do to be honest. Only Luton and Everton play worse football than us in the league.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
The only variable that hasn’t changed are the owners so until that happens I’m sceptical we’d see any difference in performance with a new manager.

DSG

Really hard to watch. Lindelof asked to do things he’s just not capable of doing… Lindelof is a squad level CB. Asking him to play a Zinchenko / Cancelo type role is way too much to ask.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
This forum is insufferable lately.

We created very good chances and defended well. Unlucky to concede a penalty.
This is against the side bottom of the league, and have been beaten in all but one game this season.

We have been absolutely dreadful against the worst team in the league. I don't think that's being overly critical.

Carl

Really hard to watch. Lindelof asked to do things he’s just not capable of doing… Lindelof is a squad level CB. Asking him to play a Zinchenko / Cancelo type role is way too much to ask.
Yet he's being asked to. Speaks volumes of the manager.

Ten Hag isn't the answer. I don't know who is, but it isn't him.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Injuries alone isn’t enough of an excuse for this. We are terrible against even shit teams. Last season we were poor but pragmatic and successful considering the circumstances. We’re supposed to be building on that success with better football but it feels like we’re going backwards. Both the football and the results are worse and show no sign of changing.

DSG

If we draw or lose, is he sacked? It’s a legitimate question. The Brentford win was basically luck, we looked like dogshit against palace and galatassaray…

el3mel

If we draw or lose, is he sacked? It’s a legitimate question. The Brentford win was basically luck, we looked like dogshit against palace and galatassaray…
No but City might put the final nail in the coffin.

Carl

Injuries alone isn’t enough of an excuse for this. We are terrible against even shit teams. Last season we were poor but pragmatic and successful considering the circumstances. We’re supposed to be building on that success with better football but it feels like we’re going backwards. Both the football and the results are worse and show no sign of changing.
He doesn't have injuries as an excuse. For most of his this season he's had 2 of his first choice front 3 and 2 of his first choice midfield.

Carl

No.

MiracleInMadrid

Is it a case of too complex and sophisticated tactics? And not the right kind of character in this clubs sporting setup?

At Ajax the entire club and all youth players are trained in a specific way and with a specific philosophy behind (regarding work ethics, team morale etc.), which probably fits ETH's approach way better. In addition, the competition in the Dutch league probably wasn't as tough relative to Ajax' strength as it is in the Prem.

At United, ETH has taken over a complete mess of a squad in a complete mess of a club. No or little strategic and well-thought way of handling everything regarding the sporting setup. On top of that, the competition in the league is huge and constantly getting tougher. Not the best enviroment for long term changes to a club with expectation to deliver results quickly.

The task simply seems to big for a guy like him alone. For him to succeed, would require a complete revamp of the sporting setup at the club with strong and authoritative figures on the level just above Ten Hag. Let him focus on training the first team, and let someone else handle a situation like Sancho. ETH seems to be the one taking the blame for everything at the moment. Who has his back within the club? If the Sancho saga didn't do it, something else would bring his authority over the players in trouble.

KD6-3.7

I just want a manager that has us playing entertaining football and whatever we are seeing from Ten Hag is definitely not that and others have said it on here and it’s not an exaggeration but we genuinely play some of the worst football in the league.

I thought Ten Hag was going to be a lot more tactically astute but he seems like the opposite.

Reactions: Fortitude

Jericholyte2

Not enough to the extent to radically change the way we play as an overall entity. We had our ENTIRE first choice back four for the end of last season as well as the very start of this one and it was hardly free flowing football.
Absolutely laughable post!

We had both Varane and Martinez injured towards the end of last season, which in Martinez’s case he’s never fully recovered from.

You don’t think that a fully fit Martinez and Varane wouldn’t improve the way we play in front of Onana?

You don’t think Shaw would off us more than Lindelof at LB?

You don’t think the solid base of Varane/Martinez behind Casemiro and Amrabat would give us more defensive solidity?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm already imagining the tell-all exposés that will come out after he gets the chop. How the players couldn't understand his training methods, and he refused to change - merely responding everytime with "Sorry me no speaky speaky the englishings". Fernandes unsure why he was put into an iron lung for twelve hours a day. Sancho shoulder charged every morning, by a baseball cap wearing Ten Hag, into a high school locker whilst some Dutch cronies bellowed in hehs to support their gang leader Haggy Dogg 69.

IrishMcD

As long as the next manager doesn’t have a ridiculously bias love for shite players in shite form, I don’t care who it is. Bruno and Rashford constantly being shocking and not being dropped is beyond frustrating

KD6-3.7

Another thing. Why isn’t Garnacho starting? Seriously. On Rashford’s form right now, I’d rather Garnacho.
That’s usually what happens when you give average players such obscene contracts. His form has been so bad that dropping him to the bench would have been entirely justified but he hasn’t.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As long as the next manager doesn’t have a ridiculously bias love for shite players in shite form, I don’t care who it is. Bruno and Rashford constantly being shocking and not being dropped is beyond frustrating
If our new long term plan is sign players the manager has worked with before then we need to at least get a manager that’s worked with decent players. :lol:

marktan

Another thing. Why isn’t Garnacho starting? Seriously. On Rashford’s form right now, I’d rather Garnacho.
Should probably be starting Garnacho left and Rashford right given none of our right wingers do anything.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I felt it was time for Ole to go. I was excited about Ten Hag. But the fact is, we've been worse under TH - we got 3rd last year through our own luck and poor form of others. When did we last dominate a game - even one, let alone consistently. And this is the first time ever that I actually can't be bothered to watch.

DSG

Absolutely laughable post!

We had both Varane and Martinez injured towards the end of last season, which in Martinez’s case he’s never fully recovered from.

You don’t think that a fully fit Martinez and Varane wouldn’t improve the way we play in front of Onana?

You don’t think Shaw would off us more than Lindelof at LB?

You don’t think the solid base of Varane/Martinez behind Casemiro and Amrabat would give us more defensive solidity?
We do. But with Bruno, Rashford, Hojlund, Garnacho, Eriksen, we have more than enough talent to beat bottom of the league Sheffield United.