Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

How many of you would be prepared to give ETH 1 more full season to prove himself?

• Yes

Votes: 376 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 1,043 73.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy_Cole

Elanga just scores. Ex United players can’t stop scoring/ assisting.

Hag has done this to us. Neutered us. It’s him who’s stopped us scoring.

Rista

So some people want to sack another manager?
And you think this will solve all problems?
Haven’t we been here before?
Yes.
No.
Not really. It hasn't been this bad before.

According to this logic we shouldn't try to sign players anymore as we've tried that before.

Castia

And so Mourinho and Van Gaal were shite managers?
Erm...yeah?

Both were absolutely done at top level club management and their time after United only solidifies that

Ole, Moyes, Jose, LvG are we having a laugh? the lot are fecking dross and wouldn't get a job anywhere near a proper club

SAFMUTD

I agree that he should be sacked but I cant see how anyone can fully blame him for today when we should have been at least 3 up at halftime, Hojlund should have scored twice in the first half and Garnacho should have had at least 1.
What chances did they had? I can only remember one by Garnacho on the whole game.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

"Stick to the plan." Says our very own Dutch Van Der Linde. Dutch, heh.

crossy1686

career ending
Seems the match going fans are starting to turn. My cousins on the way back from the game and he said the coach was singing “feck off Ten Hag” on the way home.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Elanga just scores. Ex United players can’t stop scoring/ assisting.

Hag has done this to us. Neutered us. It’s him who’s stopped us scoring.
Yea, I saw him in the ground stopping all shots!

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
“Stick to the plan”. Everyweek he says the same. I don’t think I like the plan

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Surely even the reserves and youth players of Manchester United should be capable of creating any kind of goal threat or anything resembling organised attack?

I've personally defended ETH to death, but death has come, I've been resurrected and died again.

Yes, ownership is absurd, staff is shit, yes we've had countless injuries.
But this shit on the field has been inexcusable for a while now.

400 million are thrown around again and again, but these money were entirely spent on 4-5 players overall.

We could have bought 10-12 promising players for 400 million, covering every position. If just 3 of them worked out it would have been a better success rate.
You can't tell me that our of hundreds of thousands of footballers in the world, only the extremely expensive ones should be sought after...

Phil Osophy

What about the negative records? Nothing new this week? 18 goals in 18 games sounds interesting, I see some potential there.

soapythecat

I’ve been behind ETH and adamant I wanted him to outlast some of the wanders in this squad, but he’s made supporting him very hard. The lack of goal threat in this team, when there is definitely some quality in the available squad to offer much more than we are showing. I don’t think he returns from this poor run. Villa will brush us aside and we should be talking about his replacement.
His tactics are not just baffling, but everyone with half a football brain can see how poor the team is constantly set up - he should be doing so much more and isnt. Time to go.

Footyislife

Decent manager tactically. But he has no clue about squad building. His success at Ajax was because Overmars gave him an amazing squad.

Extending Rashford, overpaying for Hojlund, Mount, and Antony. Buying casemiro who only has 1-2 good seasons in him when your squad needs 3-4 years to compete. Just plain stupid and bad decisions.

Wolfbot

When he extended Shaw and Rashford’s contracts and made Bruno captain, my heart sank.
We won’t move on with these three in the team. They should be done as United players but of course we do the opposite and are trying to build around them.

I don’t know if it’s his decision but if so - he has no one to blame but himself for the inevitable sack.
Our team would be absolutely horrible without those very players as things stand. Granted Rashford has been terrible this season but he was a huge part of the reason we did alright last season. Bruno is our only real creative player and works hard as well, gets a lot of stick that I think is undeserved and I think he would thrive in a better team. Shaw often stands out for his touch and ability to pass, way above the standard of pretty much our entire team.

If we could guarantee we'd get better players in than them fair enough but that's unlikely. Basically saying we'd be better off without our three of our best players from the last few seasons, that doesn't really make sense to me.

glasgow 21

I'm afraid ETH time is up , not because of results but the overall feel of the team. No goal threat and the failure of ETH to change that from game to game. Our goal difference is a joke. Finally his main buys are a failure.
BRUNO? how has ETH so called process has not stop him running about like a headless chicken is beyond me. Times up and new manager should dump Rashford, Bruno, Maguire etc on open market and start from scratch.

spiriticon

Decent manager tactically. But he has no clue about squad building. His success at Ajax was because Overmars gave him an amazing squad.

Extending Rashford, overpaying for Hojlund, Mount, and Antony. Buying casemiro who only has 1-2 good seasons in him when your squad needs 3-4 years to compete. Just plain stupid and bad decisions.
He gets spanked by every half decent PL manager. Even Moyesy, who I don't rate as a tactical genius, only had to slightly adjust Pacqueta's position today and ETH had no reply.

jamesjimmybyrondean

There is now only one team we’ve score more goals than in the league. That’s right it’s the team that’s last on the table

el3mel

When we were facing relegation fodder teams we barely scrapped wins again them and some of our fans were boosting about the fact we won 5 out of 6 despite how we won such games.

Now when we started to face demi decent teams again we have 1 win out of 5 games, including 3 losses and a draw.

The main problem is this was very predictable but some of our fans like to live in denial phase and convince themselves everything is fine even when it's clearly not.

I said it multiple times but this is just a huge waste of time. We have seen this before and we all know how it's going to end. There's no reason to keep going back and forth attacking each other when the writing is clearly on the wall.

Rista

Surely it's Glazers mistakes only Forest, Luton, Burnley, Wednesday have scored less than United. Probably it's the leaking roof and when Casemiro comes back we will demolish all teams.

Only Sheffield Utd now with fewer goals than us. That's the most worrying part. This league position actually flatters us.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We’ll sack him and repeat the same crap with the next manager.

BabySinclair

Surely there can't be anybody (Manchester United supporters) who wants him to stay as our manager :confused:

IncyWincySpider

This is shaping up to be the worst season we've had post Fergie. We've got nothing going for us. We can't score goals and we're boring to watch. Maybe we'll have an exciting FA cup run to liven up the second half of the season but I'm not holding my breath.

The only positive thing is seeing some of the youngsters starting to get bedded in, particularly Mainoo and Garnacho.

We seem so feeble and completely lacking in belief. Hag is by no means responsible for everything that's gone wrong but it's difficult to point to much that he's made better either.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Is this true??? Being compared to Neville times in Valencia is such a low.