Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 209 36.5%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 363 63.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Gordon S

We look clueless as usual. But everything will radically change once Casemiro is back in midfield. Our football will be very different! Right?

RobbieBerns

I’ve been on the fence for a while now, but i’m fully convinced he’s a fraud at this rate. I genuinely don’t care how many excuses up his sleeve he has for this season, there’s no reason for a squad to be this tactically inept. From horrendous set pieces at both ends of the pitch, constantly conceding early in second halves, lack of any kind of cohesion throughout the team relying on pure individuality. No aspect of this team or squad or even an individual player has shown even an inkling of improvement. Genuinely asking where is a sort of positive influence of his we can point to? Just so pathetically out of his depth.

ohhrooney

Playing like a small team at home against an injury ravaged spurs side without their best player.

This is the man who is going to win us trophies, if given enough time, they say. Hmm.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Why? There's reasonable criticism regardless of how this match ends.
No criticism allowed during the match - because reasons.

No criticism allowed after the match if we win - that would be moaning.

No criticism allowed after the match if we draw or lose - that would be knee-jerk.

Gordon S

Exactly, our attackers still have more to them than Spurs attackers right now, we could very well win this. Doesn`t mean that Erik isn`t doing quite bad as our manager. And there is no sign of improvements. Should definitely be open

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Player performance threads are locked as well, same reason would apply here. Emotional oneliners during the match don't add value to this thread.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Even the Germans are shilling for him and they aren't Bayern fans!
Oh that was just me and whenever I like to I can successfully pretend to be Dutch (not to the Dutch themselves, but for most other people)

Shark

@NotShark
Player performance threads are locked as well, same reason would apply here. Emotional oneliners during the match don't add value to this thread.
It's got nothing to do with emotions, it's posters commenting on what we've seen for the entirety of the season, without any solutions or plan.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We're more reliant on individual brilliance than ever. And we have less of it in the side than ever before.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Needs to get a grip of this squad! Performances are a shambles!
The players have tried. They started with intensity, it’s just a mess, it’s wide open, no midfield. No idea what to do with it when we attack. It’s constant kick it out wide near half way line then try to put one over in behind. It’s really bad to watch

r0663664

Worships Man City
Nobody can justify Erik as United's manager, this team can't score, can't defend, bad set piece. Sack him tomorrow, stop wasting our time.

Shark

@NotShark
Nobody can justify Erik as United's manager, this team can't score, can't defend, bad set piece. Sack him tomorrow, stop wasting put time.
Ineos have a big decision to make now, getting rid would be a big statement of intent. Top four is now gone.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Have to hold on with this shite now until Potter is safely in a job.

The absolute waste of time, energy and resources continues.

Telsim

I'm really glad we spent two years and 400 million to play a worse version of Oleball.

Total fraud. Literally cannot be sacked fast enough.

chris123

Today was a great example at highlighting the difference in coaching quality. Spurs have 6 key players out due to internationals, the new players step in seamlessly and understand the system. With us: there is no system.

The problem with the "give Erik more time" concept, is what are we giving him more time for? Examples like Arteta do not work, because he was clearly trying to implement a style of play that would take time, and it was simply the results which hadn't come in those first two seasons.

With us, the results are terrible, and there is no evidence of what we are trying to build. It's not quite Ole ball as we still at least try to play out of the back now, but the level of control Spurs had was really dispiriting. And Ange has done this almost instantly.