Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 308 41.1%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 442 58.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

KjaAnd

The team was all wrong set up tactically today. We left acres in the middle of the pitch for Spurs to exploit, pressed half-heartedly (although we won the ball back in the instances we pressed properly), had no chance of dominating without a ball-winner (Eriksen and Mainoo?!), and a technically extremely limited RB as LB (rather than playing Dalot there).

Judas

Open to offers
I can’t remember many seasons with so little to be hopeful of. Even most of our wins have been a struggle. Just moments of teeny tiny hope. A side totally going through the motions.

predator

Youth NITK
Sack the fraud cnut honestly. I was holding on for sometime but today i have lost all faith in him. A spurs side missing four of their best players and they still dominate us at HOME. We look like a pathetic league 2 side against everyone. Fecking get rid of this bluffer. I’m so vexed right now. If I could attain power of invisibility right now, the first thing I would do is to slap the shit out of this bald cnut asking questions about all the dumb shit he’s doing and before he could answer I would slap him again.
:lol:

Ludens the Red

Have to agree, fair to say Ole & Ten Hag got by on individual talent alone both have no idea about tactics or anything.
Ole was awful tactically but I think going forward (probably more down to McKenna and Carrick looking at how they set their teams to attack) we were actually always a threat. You did always feel we could get a goal or two and could counter attack with some menace. Some of our counter attacking today was absolutely diabolical.

Robbie Boy

I preferred Ole's football to the shite we've seen since February. And that's saying something, as I thought Ole's football was generally horrendous.

Von Mistelroum

I hate to say it, as I really was backing the guy, but it feels like this is a permanent situation now. No real style of play, no passion or anything looking coherent.

However, I think we're in for at least another 6-8 months of this. At which point we'll be starting over (aaaaaaagain) with all the new players EtH brings in this summer and a new manager.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I’m honestly not convinced he’s doing a better job than Rangnick was at the minute.

Redfan94

Remember saying to my old man, “He’s the real deal”, after the Barcelona win at Old Trafford. How’ve we gone from that to where we are now under him in less than a year, with a trophy sandwiched in between?

El Zoido

I hate to say it, as I really was backing the guy, but it feels like this is a permanent situation now. No real style of play, no passion or anything looking coherent.

However, I think we're in for at least another 6-8 months of this. At which point we'll be starting over (aaaaaaagain) with all the new players EtH brings in this summer and a new manager.
You reckon he’ll still be in charge next season, after this? We’ll finish 7th or 8th.

Castia

I’m honestly not convinced he’s doing a better job than Rangnick was at the minute.
Considering Ragnick had -400m worth of talent and a full squad of moaning cnuts who refused to play for him your probably right

People might laugh but if Ralf would have stayed on (Sporting Director) and you gave him 400m this club is in a much better state than it is now that’s almost guaranteed.

Revan

Assumptionman
We weren't. The football was essentially the same as it is now, but he was even more cowardly. His football heritage press conference remains the lowest point I've ever had as a United fan.
We were scoring more goals, we were conceding fewer, in general even in Mourinho's third season, we were quite a bit better than we are this season under EtH.

In his first two seasons, we were better than last year under EtH. And I was saying sack him since Sevilla game in his second season.

chocolate cloud

Can someone ask him why he can't change formation or pack our midfield? It's actually ghastly spurs' second goal and nobody touched him. I'm utterly sick of the tactics and formation. He can't blame injuries. Spurs thoroughly outplayed man utd today and look at them. Get ten hag out for god's sakes.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I preferred Ole's football to the shite we've seen since February. And that's saying something, as I thought Ole's football was generally horrendous.
Ole's football was a bit depressing but it was coherent. ETH's football makes no sense, there is no obvious logic to it.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Considering Ragnick had -400m worth of talent and a full squad of moaning cnuts who refused to play for him your probably right
He refused to manage them properly and threw them under the bus every chance he got. No wonder.

mu4c_20le

Remember saying to my old man, “He’s the real deal”, after the Barcelona win at Old Trafford. How’ve we gone from that to where we are now under him in less than a year, with a trophy sandwiched in between?
That was your Rio moment.

SirScholes

I can’t remember many seasons with so little to be hopeful of. Even most of our wins have been a struggle. Just moments of teeny tiny hope. A side totally going through the motions.
And any win we get is worthless because we follow it up with getting thrashed of teams like Bournemouth

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
We need to stop making decisions to chase top 4, forget it. There isn’t a suitable manager available right now, and SJR deal isn’t even finalised. Let’s use the rest of the season to get the DOF and other high level personnel in place so we can bring the right manager in that fits the direction of the club, instead of panic replacing Ten Hag just to try and get top 4.
We can panic replace him with a caretaker and still do those things you mention while actually looking for a new manager while not having a permanent one employed. We are going nowhere fast under tennhah, this as been going almost a full year now

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's an interim manager until Ratcliffe and co implement their structure so that the new people who will be identifying and hiring managers can actually bring somebody new in. Just going to be painful football until then as I'm sure even he knows that it's a when, not if situation.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It's got really bad that people are feeling nostalgic for Ole's time here. We were definitely more entertaining back then. I can accept poor results, but the football is just absolute nothingness - I watch Man Utd devoid of any excitement or feeling nowadays. We need a new manager next season and I really hope we never go Dutch again.

Castia

He refused to manage them properly and threw them under the bus every chance he got. No wonder.

It must be one of the softest, most over paid bunches of ‘players’ ever assembled. The club got told what was needed and they didn’t like it and he called the players out when they were literally walking around the field after just getting a previous manager sacked

feck the lot of them. He said the players weren’t good enough and the club needed open heart surgery he was spot on.

AshRK

Whatever he thought in his head at the start of the season on how we should play is a joke. I don't think he is the guy to take us forward. Looking clueless.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
It must be one of the softest, most over paid bunches of ‘players’ ever assembled. The club got told what was needed and they didn’t like it and he called the players out when they were literally walking around the field after just getting a previous manager sacked

feck the lot of them. He said the players weren’t good enough and the club needed open heart surgery he was spot on.
Rangick didn't have a clue, he weaponised you all against the players to save face because he couldn't get results.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Spurs have a far better squad than us now. Better in almost every position. Scandalous after he's spent £400m and Spurs losing Kane.

3KDré

Half a season now. Still the same mistakes. No sign of improvement. Get rid!

CM

We've been relentlessly shit all season and my appetite to watch us has diminished to an all time low. I wish we'd just feck him off even if it meant sticking a youth team coach in charge for the rest of the season. We're going absolutely nowhere with this manager in charge.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
If watching that game with spurs under a newish manager with injuries looking so much better than us 18 months into this guy’s reign doesn’t tell you about his level then nothing well. It’s a matter of when not if for him