g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Oo0AahCantona

First season had a lot of promise, his transfer record has destroyed him.

more than that, his comments about not being able to get us to play the very style of football we got him in to do because he didnt have the players was just the final nail in the coffin.

should have been gone after that interview

Robbie Boy

Not just lose but get completely obliterated. It’s a miracle we haven’t had more of these results this year because honestly there have been many, many games that could have ended exactly like this.
I thought Ole was lucky and could win by playing utterly shite. But ETH has seriously outdone him. He's gotten so many jammy wins/draws when we should have been hammered.

Arsenal are gonna do us 6,7 or 8 nil on Sunday.

NK86

Tuchel = personal opinion but no thanks, there is a reason he doesn't end with any club on good terms.
Zidane = apparantly has no interest in managing in england and has not experience in a job like this.
Amorim = unproven, is he an improvement?
Potter = I would point him in the Amorim camp but somewhat proven as being unable to cut it at a top club.
Southgate = Would be even worse, I guarantee it.
Are we seriously wondering if some of the managers out there would be an improvement on the job he has done this season? I will take Potter everyday of the week ahead of this clown, irrespective of me knowing he is also not good enough. At this stage, anyone else will be an improvement on him.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
ten Hag needs binning but tonight's result doesn't really mean much. It was a shit team due to injuries. It's the results when we have fit players that is worrying.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Defended him long enough. He can’t have any complaints. Disgraceful season.

Drifter

American
He has got us here (don't know how) so he should be allowed to manage the cup final

FujiVice

He bought in 7 of the starting line up. They cost of 250 million. We just lost 4-0 to Palace. He's toast.

Bobski

Result tonight was inevitable given the selection, but the systemic structural shambles should be unacceptable for anyone linked to Utd.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
If you could sell back all of Ten Hag's £400m transfers this summer as a package (all of them or nothing) how much would you accept?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
ten Hag needs binning but tonight's result doesn't really mean much. It was a shit team due to injuries. It's the results when we have fit players that is worrying.
He’s ran these players into the ground and that’s why half of them are missing. Can’t wait to see the back of him

Herman Toothrot

Genuine question did anyone look at the back line available tonight and think “we’re going to do well today?”
More worryingly, Ten Hag looked at that lineup and thought 'yeah let's just try and play the same way we always do and not try to maybe adjust to negate a humiliating battering'.

kentafuji

He should have the common sense though to change his tactics to compensate for injuries though which he isnt doing.

Playing the way he is, with case at cb and eriksen in mf is suicide

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Psychopath behaviour to want the guy in charge for a single match more.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm getting old.... It's like I am living to see human level AI, household robots, autodriving cars, my kids turning into adults, and United turning into a midtable team. I'm going to cry....

SouthernRedDev

Im hopeful that Eth is ultimately setting the low bar, of which no subsequent Utd manager will ever get close too.

AndyMUFC

Tuchel = personal opinion but no thanks, there is a reason he doesn't end with any club on good terms.
Zidane = apparantly has no interest in managing in england and has not experience in a job like this.
Potter = I would point him in the Amorim camp but somewhat proven as being unable to cut it at a top club.
None of these would do a worse job than this. Come on.

Castia

The first two goals come from exactly the problem we have in terms of defensive injuries. Casemiro our CB beaten in the middle of the park out of position. Evans dropping off giving space and Olise scores.

Then Mateta gets the ball driving at Evans, Evans backs off adjust body position recognising Mateta is dribbling right footed (anticipating a cut in) and Mateta ghosts past him with ease on his left and smashes one in.

2-0 down two errors by our starting CBs that result in those goals.

It was 95 minutes of shite from minute one we’re lucky it ended with just 4 and not 6-7

I get it the defence is shite, but that doesn’t excuse 3 touches in the oppositions box after 60 minutes. It’s not a one off game win or lose we’re crap week after week this 4-0 loss should have happened at least 10 times this season

Why can’t our midfield compete with the mighty Will Hughes and Adam Wharton? It’s a nonsense

-3 goal difference sat on 8th ffs :lol:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's done. Jim Ratcliffe's going on about untidy dressing rooms and IT offices and here is a manager who has overseen a league campaign that has us in negative goal difference who wasn't employed by him. No way he survives this.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Unserious club sleep walking into a cup final battering against our rivals rather than doing the sane thing and putting this useless manager out of his misery

Valencia Shin Crosses

Probability wise, literally every one of those managers would be an improvement considering this will be our worst season in 40+ years.

Also laughing out loud at saying "Zidane has no experience in a job like this"

lilcurt

Oh yeh good point let's keep Ten Hag then. He's the worst manager the club has ever had but I'm sure a proper structure will make up for that, rather than gambling on a new manager who could not possibly be worse.
If you change every single thing at once, you can't tell what works and what doesn't. Its the basics of any experiment.

At some point we need to trying really overhauling the squad, not just keep swapping managers as we have for the last decade.

I'm not saying ETH is the one to take us forward, I just don't think he is the biggest problem.