g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

FCAES_7

Let's get Ole for the next 4 games, at least he has a good record vs City.
Who would yo go for a temp manager till end of the season as this is just as embarrassing as 4-0 to Watford

Frank Grimes

End of last season was really poor and this season has been disastrous.

Awful football and very bad in both team set up and in game changes. Also tactically very inflexible. Despite 3 domestic cup finals he has been an obvious failure.

crossy1686

career ending
Again: it's neither a black mark nor a red flag when you actually understand that the INEOS people are not in position yet. Blanc will become interim CEO "at the end of the season". They will change managers then, not before, and it makes sense because that is simply the situation at the club after the takeover.
None of that matters. Just sack Ten Hag, put McLaren in charge and do the proper appointment in the summer when they're in.

flappyjay

The players got overhauled.

7 of the starting 11 were players EtH signed. 2 others were players he promoted. One of the subs was a player he signed. Another one he promoted.

In total, 11 out of 14 players that played today were players he signed or promoted.

The players might be bottlers but it is not the same group of players that ‘downed the tools for the other managers’.
They way some people go on you would think we have had the same squad since 2013.

Malone_Post

We said that under, Jose, Ole, Rangnick at one point of another. Memories are short. At somepoint the players need to be overhauled.
They have been. Multiple times.

Personally I hope ETH has it written in his contract that he has to take every single player he’s signed for us, to his next club.

BorisManUtd

I'm starting to hate him at this point (though I thought the same after Coventry).

Wanted him sacked after the cup final but this performance and result.... He should genuinely get sacked in the morning.

Arsenal, Newcastle, Brighton, City. We'll go through more embarassing defeats. He'll mention injuries and not signing Frenkie de Jong and Kane to justify all of this.

Zen86

I’m pretty indifferent to ETH but this will be the final nail in the coffin for him. He’ll be gone by the end of the season and the players probably know it.

Amir

We said that under, Jose, Ole, Rangnick at one point of another. Memories are short. At somepoint the players need to be overhauled.
The squad has massively changed over the years. But players who come in often perform poorly and end up being more wasted money.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
You're the one coming at me pal
I know you're fecking daft, but I'll just remind you that you're the one that originally said I'm enjoying this.

Yeah, 20 years as a ST holder and have been going to games most of my life, giving up weekends and money to follow United, and I'm enjoying watching us get embarrassed every week. Don't say stupid shit and expect a reasonable response.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Nah, feck him. He's an actual embarrassment. This is the worst we've ever been and this arrogant fool is the issue.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Again: it's neither a black mark nor a red flag when you actually understand that the INEOS people are not in position yet. Blanc will become interim CEO "at the end of the season". Berrada will take over in July They will change managers then (at the end of the season), not before, and it makes sense because that is simply the situation at the club after the takeover. Although tonight's horror show might speed up proceedings.
So we're not a football club trying to win a cup competition before July?

TrueRed79

At least this has confirmed to everybody that he's finished here. Nobody can argue otherwise anymore.

crossy1686

career ending
He does yeah. And a feck tonne of these absolute jokers need to follow him.
They'll go in time once the new structure have found replacements, in the mean time we need a manager that will play to their collective strengths, but Ten Hag can fecking row back to Holland with Antony in the boat with him in the mean time.

Marcus

Sack this clown now. At least we have some new manager bounce for the final. I don't care if the interim is our Youth Team coach

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Don't get me wrong, we deserved to lose that. Evans and Casemiro were awful, we had no midfield and the only "moments" player we had out there was Garnacho. But no one's talking about how the Palace player went through Dalot from behind on that 3rd goal.

lilcurt

9 of tonight's starting 11 didn't play under any of those managers. The players have been overhauled. His has made our squad worse.
An how many of those players did he pick out of choice tonight, an not due to injuries?

Casemiro = His signing played out of position.
Evans = Manager wanted Kim but we couldn't raise funds, club signed Evans on a free.
Onana = 100% on the manager (awful call in my opinion)
Anthony = On the manager in terms of the player, fee on the club for being incompetent.
Garnacho = Youth prospect and promising
Mainoo = Youth prospect and promising
Mount = I don't know if this was the club or the manager but seems a poor signing at the moment.
Eriksen = Good 6-months, got injured and looks like he lost his legs. At this point he is done in this league. Free signing.
Rasmus = Good signing for the future, manager went on record this week saying there was meant to be a proven striker coming in.

I don't see this as a overhaul, for me a overhaul is when you see the bad eggs moving out the club and we haven't had that. We still have an abundance of players who have proven not to be good enough yet stick around on massive wages relying on their mates in the media and PR departments.

Revan

Assumptionman
They way some people go on you would think we have had the same squad since 2013.
Don’t worry though. The instant we will hire the new manager, the same group of players will become ‘genuinely, the nicest most likeable group of players we have had in a very long time’.

Until they down the tools to sack ‘yet another manager’ despite that the intersection of that group and this one is gonna be Garnacho and Mainoo.

crossy1686

career ending
They have been. Multiple times.

Personally I hope ETH has it written in his contract that he has to take every single player he’s signed for us, to his next club.
New clause, you sign the players, you take them with you when they leave. Wonder if he'd have gone balls deep for Mount and Antony if it was his money...

NK86

Specially when firing this fraud is such an obvious decision
I have no idea what is the delay here. Do Ineos not believe in the interim manager approach? I mean it’s clear for everyone to see he is way out of his depth.

hobbers

I lost belief in the players a long time ago, get rid of them first in my opinion. How many voices do the below need?
It's plainly ridiculous to expect that to happen. The biggest problem players are Ten Hags' own signings and ones he gave giant contracts to like Rashford.

We're not getting rid of 10-15 players in the summer. It's impossible with their wages.

We have to ditch the failure in charge and slowly evolve the squad with a manager who has a base level of competence.

The Purley King

Exactly what I text my mate during that, West Ham have more ambition than Manchester United.

I don’t get why we don’t get rid now and just put a caretaker in? There’s no way it could be any worse than this.
Put mr fecking blobby in as manager and we can’t be worse than that.
The rubicon has been crossed now (several times) that surely must be it.
Surely?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He signed 8 of the starting player tonight and has picked Rashford and the likes every single opportunity. The manager needs to go first and foremost
He has left as big as mess as LVG,Jose and Ole. We basically need a whole new team again. Its insanity. Pretty much every player in the squad you would question(outside of two teenagers who have done well tbf is really crappy circumstances).

Lentwood

At this point it's almost as if he's setting us up to lose on purpose his tactics are that bad.

Get rid and bring OGS back for the final four games, that'd be my shout....at least he had a good record against City & Pep!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I know you're fecking daft, but I'll just remind you that you're the one that originally said I'm enjoying this.

Yeah, 20 years as a ST holder and have been going to games most of my life, giving up weekends and money to follow United, and I'm enjoying watching us get embarrassed every week. Don't say stupid shit and expect a reasonable response.
Not going to rise to your obvious WUM attempt.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
ETH is a full time manager. Not a fair comparison. How much did Ralf spend? How much did Erik?
I don’t get why we don’t get rid now and just put a caretaker in? There’s no way it could be any worse than this.

How is it not a fair comparison to compare it with what happened the last time we brought in a caretaker when that's literally what he's asking for?

Nonameisknown

Supports
United
Every time we play Liverpool, we will be reminded of Ole's 4-0, 5-0 and ETH's 7-0, Everything we play City, of the countless drubbing, Brentford, the 4-0. Now add Palace to that list. When does it end Robbie? How can INEOS think this is what United wants to be remembered for in the premier league? For all of Ratcliffe's big talk, this is what we are letting happen. It's one thing to be poor, but to be this poor is unacceptable. Even lower teams on the table have better standards than us nowadays. Tomorrow, we may hire a new manager but still have players who think losing big is not a big deal at United because we accepted it last time as cool.

FortunaUtd

So we're not a football club trying to win a cup competition before July?
We've been in executive limbo all season (even last season), because of the takeover negotiations and then ownership change machinations. That is why ten Hag basically had a free ride all season despite underperforming woefully all this time. It will end soon, let's not worry.

UnitedWA

City on the brink for the new triple season (and 2nd in a row), and we are getting battered by CP. Our legacy is destroyed, and that's not all, we are suffering humiliation by humilation.