Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Eddy_JukeZ

With all the injuries it’s not surprising we lose. We need a fit back four to compete. Win the cup and give it a chance next year
We've suffered numerous hidings under this manager now. It's embarrassing and shouldn't be accepted.

Re: the 2nd bolded, you mean ETH deserves another year?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
If Sir Jim won’t tolerate a bit of fecking mess around the printers but will happily allow us to get routinely battered by mid-table sides week after week then he’s no better than the Glazers.

I don’t care if it’s to save a few quid, our name is being dragged through the dirt and all the best in class and ‘standards’ guff is a load of shite.

If he’s not sacked this morning then we are way more fecked than I thought we were and I give up.

spwd

I am not defending ETH. In my opinion its time for him to go. However its evident that this squad reacts very badly to discipline and doesn't care about Manchester United. If I was Wilcox I'd make a list of all the sudden 'comebacks' heading out of the treatment room towards the last game or two of the season. Those would be among the first to be sold. Since they are so dedicated for their national team then maybe their respective nation should pay their salary.
I'd be pretty fecking shocked if Rashford isn't the first on that list.

Longshanks

A game like last night you get men behind the ball, protect the defense and counter attack for a narrow win. What the feck we were doing committing that many players forward, I’ll never know. It’s not about philosophy in such situations, it’s practicality and professional pride.
We commited players forward and created absolutely feck all from it. And that has basically been the story of the season against any semi capable opposition.

If we were creating chances at the other end and looking dangerous you could at least sort of see the theory, but we don't at all. Even with his big attacking signings fit and available.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Have we worked on anything through the season? Is there an example we could use to show that we are even trying to correct any mistakes?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I'd be pretty fecking shocked if Rashford isn't the first on that list.
Oh I can see many players who will suddenly turn fit not just Rashy. These aholes do not want to spend their summer stuck to Carrington.

Neilwij

A game like last night you get men behind the ball, protect the defense and counter attack for a narrow win. What the feck we were doing committing that many players forward, I’ll never know. It’s not about philosophy in such situations, it’s practicality and professional pride.
This right here. We've been conceding goals all season and he's not changed it. At the very least any competent manager would have started thinking of tightening up after that chelsea result but he's just continued to play the same way and hoping to get different results that says too me he needs to go. Of course we've had injuries but then you adapt to a system that works for what you have, but Ten Hag doesn't do that and this is what happens

justsomebloke

With all the injuries it’s not surprising we lose. We need a fit back four to compete. Win the cup and give it a chance next year
Feck that. We also need a manager who sets up the team to have some chance of competing. He's done.

justsomebloke

I know I’ll be in the minority here but I genuinely think a different manager could get a tune out of Antony and some of the other signings. Glasner has turned Mateta into a goal machine and it’s not uncommon for a new manager to get more out of players.

If Antony was able to work in a functioning system then he has enough ability and workrate to contribute. His problem is mostly decision making and seems like a result of instructions from Ten Hag. Our wide players seem to be working under an instruction to just cut inside and shoot all the time. Whereas if Antony was told to attack his full back, work overlaps with Dalot and cross more then we might see more production. He should be told not to shoot from outside the box at all and mix it up going near and far post. He obviously isn’t being told to do those things though because the manager isn’t barking at him or hauling him off for constantly taking stupid shots.

In fact, if a new manager came in I would back them to do more with a good number of the players provided they stay fit obviously.
Right now everyone looks worse because they're playing in a dysfunctional system.

LilienFan

Supports
Darmstadt
Bayern Munich fans WANT Ten Hag. The level of fanboying going on in their forum is mind-blowing. You´d think they are talking about Klopp or Guardiola over there. Absolute scenes. Goldy should open a Bayern Munich Stand. They would eat it up. Their whole FanForum still picking ETH over Tuchel AFTER the game last night. :lol::nervous:

aeh1991

Bayern Munich fans WANT Ten Hag. The level of fanboying going on in their forum is mind-blowing. You´d think they are talking about Klopp or Guardiola over there. Absolute scenes. Goldy should open a Bayern Munich Stand. They would eat it up. Their whole FanForum still picking ETH over Tuchel AFTER the game last night. :lol::nervous:
Tbf, it wasn't that different here when we hired him.

kaku06

Vulgarian
ETH blames Mainoo indirectly in the last few seconds of the video for conceding the goal from the throw in.

This is absolutely wrong.
Why does he communicate like that the Moron? It’s completely wrong the way he points fingers at others and never takes accountability of his own actions. Hanging everyone out to dry with his awful tactics and when young players like mainoo get exposed because of it, he blames them saying “see see that’s why we conceded”. Classless idiot out of his depth.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It used to be "heh" like a michelin star head chef downplaying his staffs' new menus.
Now it's "heh...." like someone who is slowly losing hope.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Right now everyone looks worse because they're playing in a dysfunctional system.
Who's to say. Previously, people blamed the internal structure of the club. Now its a dysfunctional footballing system set up by ETH.

As fans, we really have no clue. None of us have ever worked in a football club or one that would be a benchmark or managed one. Then its almost impossible to tell from the outside.

crossy1686

career ending
Who's to say. Previously, people blamed the internal structure of the club. Now its a dysfunctional structure set up by ETH.

As fans, we really have no clue. None of us have ever worked in a football club or one that would be a benchmark or managed one. Then its almost impossible to tell from the outside.
How can a team that played in a different system last season and finished 3rd with 2 cup finals now be the 15th worst team in the league this season with the exception of a couple of players? Once you realise the new system Ten Hag implemented this season is getting the worst out of almost all our players its easy to see where the issues lie.

kaku06

Vulgarian
The guy possesses some magical powers. The way he infects the brain of the whole fanbase and controls it, collectively making them obsessed with him, into believing like he’s some sort of football visionary, without achieving much is strange.

Happened here and even now, some people who are still his ardent believers who think he’s not to blame for anything. Never seen such a manager who’s as awkward as him, who has zero charisma, a bad communicator on top of that captivates the crowd like him.

fps

Failing as Man Utd manager isn’t the death knell it was. It’s obvious the club as a whole is broken.

Suv666

How long are we going to drag this ffs
Its obvious he’s getting the sack just end it already bruv

ohhrooney

I am currently reading their forum and it’s actually otherwise. They rather promote their 2nd team coach or stick with Tuchel. Most are against hiring him.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It’s not even like last night was one off and we can just write it off because historical amount of injuries or whatever. Truth is the team out there, bar center halves, was actually quite decent and there was no justification for that performance.

It was also the same kind of performance we have been producing on a fairly regular basis, was just the first time our opposition were clinical and were able to convert their chances into goals at a decent rate. Palace did not even create as many chances as Newcastle, Brentford or Villa had against us, and each of them scored just 1 goal (and we actually picked up 4 points we did not deserve from those 3 games). On a different day both Everton games end up with them converting 2-3 chances too, and beating us handsomely. It’s the story of our season, we let our opponents have at least 4-5 good opportunities virtually every game, it’s just that we have been incredibly lucky that they have generally been so wasteful.

It doesn’t matter what the personnel is because it was a common theme even with full / almost full squad, and it won’t change because EtH is stubborn and convinced of his own greatness.

Suv666

Ten Hag is hands down the worst United manager in the PL era and one of the worst United managers ever.
absolutely agree
We are on course for finishing 8th ffs
Sack this clown now, maybe we can win the cup its impossible with this guy at the helm.

Suv666

With Arsenal, Newcastle and Brighton wouldn’t be surprised if we lose all 3

Sarni

With Arsenal, Newcastle and Brighton wouldn’t be surprised if we lose all 3
I’d honestly be surprised if we don’t. I mean, the only way we don’t is via fluke. As has been the case all season to be honest.

Sarni

Waking up to no *breaking news* let’s keep morale as low as it can be, eh?
I was convinced he was going to be fired last night as I can’t really believe anyone would be incompetent enough to not ditch him after this (with added context of full season). I still believe he won’t be here for Arsenal game. There’s just no way he can keep his job and at this point there is also no way they will be delaying this any further, that would be gross mismanagement. No club in the world would allow him to have another game even.

BarstoolProphet

Max Eberl deserves a statue outside of Old Trafford if he still wants him after that shitshow last night.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I was convinced he was going to be fired last night as I can’t really believe anyone would be incompetent enough to not ditch him after this (with added context of full season). I still believe he won’t be here for Arsenal game. There’s just no way he can keep his job and at this point there is also no way they will be delaying this any further, that would be gross mismanagement. No club in the world would allow him to have another game even.
It’s getting serious now. Words and tweets no longer cut it; INEOS are sending out a terrible message for every moment he spends here beyond last night. Contingencies should have been in place, so what are they waiting for?

AndySmith1990

Who's to say. Previously, people blamed the internal structure of the club. Now its a dysfunctional footballing system set up by ETH.

It's not impossible to see that we're a poorly coached team implementing poor tactics. Any dimwit who knows anything about football can see that. We also know exactly who is responsible for coaching and tactics. We don't need to keep going deeper into club structure and analysing the IT team and accountants to come to the conclusion Ten Hag is fecking useless.

Sarni

It’s getting serious now. Words and tweets no longer cut it; INEOS are sending out a terrible message for every moment he spends here beyond last night. Contingencies should have been in place, so what are they waiting for?
We still have 3 league games left and although we are unlikely to gather enough points to get even to an EL spot, it’s still important to try and save face. Besides that, we have the FA Cup final coming up and forget about winning it as we almost certainly won’t get close regardless of who’s in charge, we actually run the risk of historical embarrassment with this fool in charge. Would it actually surprise anyone to see City win 7-0 or 8-0 if they have their shooting boots on? They will definitely create enough chances to score 7-8, of that there is no doubt because we have already seen them do that against us twice this season, and we are even worse now than we were back then.

If INEOS are OK with that then my hopes for their reign are even lower than they already were.

Suv666

I’d honestly be surprised if we don’t. I mean, the only way we don’t is via fluke. As has been the case all season to be honest.
the standards at this club couldn’t fall any lower. This is rock bottom.

adkb

WOW. People now sayng INEOS are incompetent for letting him on?

People really think its exactly the same as playing a video game where you sack a manager, get a new one and everything just falls in place.

WPMUFC

I'm more convinced now than ever that we need to crash out of all European spot. We need a season just in the premier league. feck all this nonsense about trips to Hungary and god knows where else. Gut the squad, probably sack the manager after the fa cup final thrashing, get all the top brass in their new roles and just focus on playing Saturday or Sunday.

I've had enough of this waste of space club acting like they are important to football. They are midtable dross and need to be treated like it. I hate them all so much.

Sarni

WOW. People now sayng INEOS are incompetent for letting him on?

People really think its exactly the same as playing a video game where you sack a manager, get a new one and everything just falls in place.
Nothing is remotely in place right now. It’s damage limitation and clubs do it all the time. We literally played a team last night that moved on from their manager a few weeks ago, hired a new one and got much better.

I don’t know why people have convinced themselves it is some elaborate, long process that you need to plan for meticulously and the only other option is to just carry on with your terrible underperforming coach.