EU Referendum Results Thread | Leave have won, Cameron resigns

How did you vote to this: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 321 75.5%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 80 18.8%
  • Spoiled ballot

Votes: 24 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phil

I'm going to just go to sleep and hope this all blows over.

It's nice being on the same side of the rest of the Caf for once.

Smores

I don't know why everyone was so confident of remain. Been convinced all along that it'd be Leave

Lyricist

David Cameron is a cnut for putting this to a vote. I'm bricking it.

This to be honest.
Obviously democracy wins but it appears to me that the leave side is driven mostly by right wing xenophobic tendencies, misinformation, ignorance, and a bit of naivety. I mean that's just my opinion, no offense to anyone voting leave. But the fact alone that there's such a thing as a United Europe nowadays is valued so highly on continental Europe that I simply cannot understand why people in the UK would want to leave it. I feel the leave voters are those who've seen little of the world, little of Europe and would rather keep it that way and let no one in either.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Odds are nearly at even in many places.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
That Sunderland vote reminded me of this

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
working class will always vote leave.
Part of this may be the problem. For all the criticism of Corbyn, it's clear that working class Labour support has elements of Euroscepticism and doubt regarding immigration. If they say, "We're worried about immigration.", then a politician who replies, "No you're not." just isn't going to win them over.

Hammerfell

Might just go to bed now while I'm expecting a Leave win, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised when I wake up.

Riz

fecking hell please no.

This has disaster written all over it.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Oh for fecks sake... the one thing I thought I could trust hedge-fund managers on was their ability to be money grabbing. They're not even good at that?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Sunderland turnout was 65% so it could have been much worse.

cyberman

Im in a border town with Northern Ireland with a girlfriend in the north which I visit most days.
Would this mean I would need some sort of visa? Would it be that extreme?

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Was expecting plenty of northern cities to vote out. Not too worried yet.

Smores

Market will be closed tomorrow. Don't expect to get anything out of your ISA quickly

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
As I said before, there could also be a left-wing Leave vote that feels embarrassed to associated with UKIP and some of the more right-wing elements of their campaign. People who don't like the EU as an unelected institution and want to break from that instead of concentrating on the immigration factor. One of my younger brothers is more left leaning than I am and I think he's voted out.

Having seen that Newcastle result I think it might well need a big Remain vote in London and other big cities.
I agree. I think a lot of people are voting leave based on a gut feeling/instinct last minute. One that probably derives from patriotism, a notion of 'any change being positive' and the fact that after all this time Remain still couldn't reach out to them.